Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-15

I know I haven't updated Cinema Experience for a while. Don't fear the next release has a lot of updates. The one I am working on right now is the 3D Integration feature.

I'm working heavily on this since a recent push to XBMC Gotham Master.

The script will detect if the movie is 3D via the filename(Frodo's only method, Gotham's backup method) then add some specific videos. Some standard videos would be replaced by their 3D equivalents and some 3D videos will be added.

The flow stays the same up to the Feature Presentation Intro. From there until the Feature Presentation Outro, 3D videos are in play. These can be enabled or disabled in the settings.
Trivia Intro Video(s)
Trivia Slides with Optional Music Playlist
Trivia Outro Video(s)
Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
Trailer(s)
Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)
Feature Presentation Intro Video(s) #
3D Trailers( from folder as I haven found a site that has them really available) #
Rating Video (MPAA, BBFC and FSK ratings are currently supported) #
Audio Format Video #
Countdown Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION
Intermission Video(s) (note) #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 2
Intermission Video #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 3
Intermission Video #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 4
Intermission Video #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 5 (end note)
Feature Presentation Outro Video(s) Available in 3D
Movie Theater Outro Video(s)

# - Available in 3D if upcoming movie is 3D and settings enabled

I have found a couple of 3D Audio format videos( DTS, IMAX, THX ) and I know there are a few Dolby Digital ones out there, but haven't had any luck finding them. I also have converted the Rating videos(MPAA) to 3D-HOU using a 2D to 3D converter. We'll soon need other intros.

I am also considering moving the Countdown video to before the Feature Presentation Intro as it seems to poorly placed right now.

I'm looking for some feedback on this before I push it into the next release.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sabrahcadaver - 2013-11-15

Giftie, some time ago, I wrote about the ranking system Brazilian indicative, giving you the rules of how censorship works here. This you will implement the addon? We can expect it in 3.0.7?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-15, 08:38)sabrahcadaver Wrote: Giftie, some time ago, I wrote about the ranking system Brazilian indicative, giving you the rules of how censorship works here. This you will implement the addon? We can expect it in 3.0.7?

Already added to 3.0.7

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - shaktoo - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-15, 06:13)giftie Wrote: . I also have converted the Rating videos(MPAA) to 3D-HOU using a 2D to 3D converter. We'll soon need other intros.

Giftie .. excellent news.. just what we have been waiting for.

regarding the ratings Video would you not consider 3D-SBS or HSBS or an option to change from one to another . Most of the conversions are done to SBS with very few OU ( I may be wrong but that's what I personally Do + Have ). reason is that I have setup my harmony one that with one click all my settings change to SBS format (TV) and its working well for me, otherwise i have to chnage to OU then again to SBS , which would be counter productive and negate the Cinema Experience .
I am looking forward to testing this release
Cheers Mate

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-15, 18:26)shaktoo Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 06:13)giftie Wrote: . I also have converted the Rating videos(MPAA) to 3D-HOU using a 2D to 3D converter. We'll soon need other intros.

Giftie .. excellent news.. just what we have been waiting for.

regarding the ratings Video would you not consider 3D-SBS or HSBS or an option to change from one to another . Most of the conversions are done to SBS with very few OU ( I may be wrong but that's what I personally Do + Have ). reason is that I have setup my harmony one that with one click all my settings change to SBS format (TV) and its working well for me, otherwise i have to chnage to OU then again to SBS , which would be counter productive and negate the Cinema Experience .
I am looking forward to testing this release
Cheers Mate

I just created the OU ratings for myself and testing. Took only about 15mins to do all MPAA videos(using a 2D to 3D converter - found in DVDFab) and another 5 mins changing the stereomode flag. I can produce the SBS versions if someone else doesn't.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2013-11-15

xmbc crashes if I use the showcase mode and the cinema experience add-on. When I press up direction key from the keyboard to get more info about a movie, xbmc crashes. It freezes and I need to shut it down from the windows task manager (ctrl + alt + del).

Crashing doesn't happen if I browse movies when the cinema experience add-on is off.

Here's the debug log: http://pastebin.com/vPEbwFC6

xbmc revision frodo 12.2, skin aen nox 4.0
OS windows 7 sp1 64

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-16

(2013-11-15, 23:50)weirdinin Wrote: xmbc crashes if I use the showcase mode and the cinema experience add-on. When I press up direction key from the keyboard to get more info about a movie, xbmc crashes. It freezes and I need to shut it down from the windows task manager (ctrl + alt + del).

Crashing doesn't happen if I browse movies when the cinema experience add-on is off.

Here's the debug log: http://pastebin.com/vPEbwFC6

xbmc revision frodo 12.2, skin aen nox 4.0
OS windows 7 sp1 64

Try disabling TV Tunes and try again. Cinema Experience and TV Tunes never seem to play nice.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2013-11-16

Disabled tvtunes but still crashing occurs.

It's strange that if I first explore movie library without cinema experience and then after that use cinema experience, there's no crashing. But if I power up my htpc, launch xbmc and start to explore movies with cinema experience featrue on, xbmc crashes when I use up arrow from keyboard to see movie info in the movie library.

Is it possible that I have configured the home menu button some way wrong? I have a button "theatre" in the home menu that enables cinema experience. It's a custom button with the following function: RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movietitles)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - EtgarDizz - 2013-11-16

Hi @giftie,

Was just wondering why you chose to integrate this add-on via the DialogVideoInfo screen.
I thought it would be nice to see this as another option under the video's context menu. Is that possible?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-16

(2013-11-16, 17:26)weirdinin Wrote: Disabled tvtunes but still crashing occurs.

It's strange that if I first explore movie library without cinema experience and then after that use cinema experience, there's no crashing. But if I power up my htpc, launch xbmc and start to explore movies with cinema experience featrue on, xbmc crashes when I use up arrow from keyboard to see movie info in the movie library.

Is it possible that I have configured the home menu button some way wrong? I have a button "theatre" in the home menu that enables cinema experience. It's a custom button with the following function: RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movietitles)

It is possible that aeon nox is activating something(a script or something) upon opening the info dialog. I'll check it out.

(2013-11-16, 19:50)EtgarDizz Wrote: Hi @giftie,

Was just wondering why you chose to integrate this add-on via the DialogVideoInfo screen.
I thought it would be nice to see this as another option under the video's context menu. Is that possible?

Two reasons..

1. Adding items to the context menu is only available to plugin addons, cinema experience is a script addon. Though Skin developers can add items to the context menu(I think)

2. The original programmer had it this way and I already got yelled at for changing it(by users)..

I have added many starting methods, including an override play method to the script and methods for external devices(through JSON)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Bdock - 2013-11-16

I just tried this for the first time yesterday when I had friends over and although they were impressed with XBMC prior to this, they all asked me to help them replace their current set up with XBMC after they saw this in action.

Worked like a charm straight away, but I think it's missing something for my personal needs. Since it hasn't been included so far I'm assuming the developer does not wish to add it. Thank you by the way for this Addon and to all XBMC creators and contributors.

I am looking to add a second trailer section in the code in between the current coming attractions trailers and the feature presentation. I use the trailer section to show coming attractions a program automatically fetches for me from HD-Trailers.net. These are all located in a single separate folder. What I want to add is a second trailer section to be an "available now" type of thing. Selecting random trailers located in the existing individual movie folders.

I will try to do this as I am decent at tinkering with things to get them to work the way I need eventually. I'm assuming it won't be too difficult since the functionality is present. All I need to do is copy and alter the current trailer code and relevant settings and then tie it all together. I write this because eventually could take a while so I am hoping someone out there has already done this and is willing to share, provided the developer does not mind.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bry - 2013-11-17

tossed this together quick after losing the file structure. copy/paste the text info a notepad and save as with a .bat extension. Wherever you run the batch file the folder structure will be created. It is up to you to populate. obv win only.

Code:
mkdir Videos
mkdir Videos\Audio
mkdir Videos\Audio\Dolby
mkdir Videos\Audio\"Dolby TrueHD"
mkdir Videos\Audio\DTS
mkdir Videos\Audio\DTSHD-MA
mkdir Videos\Audio\Other
mkdir Videos\"Coming Attractions Intro"
mkdir Videos\"Coming Attractions Outro"
mkdir Videos\"Feature Presentation Intro"
mkdir Videos\Intermissions
mkdir Videos\"Feature Presentation Outro"
mkdir Videos\"Movie Theatre Intro"
mkdir Videos\"Movie Theatre Outro"
mkdir Videos\Ratings
mkdir Videos\"Trivia Info"
mkdir Videos\"Trivia Outro"

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 00:44)bry- Wrote: tossed this together quick after losing the file structure. copy/paste the text info a notepad and save as with a .bat extension. Wherever you run the batch file the folder structure will be created. It is up to you to populate. obv win only.

Code:
mkdir Videos
mkdir Videos\Audio
mkdir Videos\Audio\Dolby
mkdir Videos\Audio\"Dolby TrueHD"
mkdir Videos\Audio\DTS
mkdir Videos\Audio\DTSHD-MA
mkdir Videos\Audio\Other
mkdir Videos\"Coming Attractions Intro"
mkdir Videos\"Coming Attractions Outro"
mkdir Videos\"Feature Presentation Intro"
mkdir Videos\Intermissions
mkdir Videos\"Feature Presentation Outro"
mkdir Videos\"Movie Theatre Intro"
mkdir Videos\"Movie Theatre Outro"
mkdir Videos\Ratings
mkdir Videos\"Trivia Info"
mkdir Videos\"Trivia Outro"

Eventually this is going to be a part of Cinema Experience. The user will just need to provide the parent path, then the script will build the structure and fill the settings with the paths.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bry - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 03:53)giftie Wrote: this is going to be a part of Cinema Experience. The user will just need to provide the parent path, then the script will build the structure and fill the settings with the paths.

Sweet! I just wanted to help. Now I have to populate the folders over the next week.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-16, 20:33)giftie Wrote:
(2013-11-16, 17:26)weirdinin Wrote: Disabled tvtunes but still crashing occurs.

It is possible that aeon nox is activating something(a script or something) upon opening the info dialog. I'll check it out.

Now it's working. I just don't shut down htpc, instead I put it in sleep.

Another thing: is it possible to add animated gifs (or another format) to the cinema experience slide show? I tried but only the first frame appears.