Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 15:12)Owel Wrote: Hi,

is there a way to get the aspect ratio of the movie in the Homeautomation script?
Would be awesome to automate screen masking with this plugin.

Thanks in Advance!

The problem is that I don't think there is an accurate way of getting the aspect ratio from XBMC. Though I think skins do it somewhat accurately. I'll look into it.

Edit...

Actually XBMC seems to have a fairly accurate method of supplying the aspect ratio - thru streamdetails - as long as the video reports it properly.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 09:57)weirdinin Wrote: Oops, yes I have frodo 12.2. Should have explored the first page with more care. Thank you very much. Now it's working. Cinema experience is so fantastic that I feel guilty of taking the advance of it without any contribution. After the home automation is set up (ordered vera lite and couple of light modules yesterday), I'd like to make a small donation. So if there's a way to do that, just let me know.
You're doing a great job!

No direct donations... I would be happy if you would donate to XBMC or to RagnaroktA - https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestrivia/home for his awesome slides, intros and most of all help.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 16:31)giftie Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 09:57)weirdinin Wrote: Oops, yes I have frodo 12.2. Should have explored the first page with more care. Thank you very much. Now it's working. Cinema experience is so fantastic that I feel guilty of taking the advance of it without any contribution. After the home automation is set up (ordered vera lite and couple of light modules yesterday), I'd like to make a small donation. So if there's a way to do that, just let me know.
You're doing a great job!

No direct donations... I would be happy if you would donate to XBMC or to RagnaroktA - https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestrivia/home for his awesome slides, intros and most of all help.

Thanks giftie, for the mention - always happy to help. First and foremost, anyone wanting to donate money should first donate to the XBMC project. If you're feeling generous after that, feel free to send some my way. Smile

If you aren't feeling monetarily generous after donating to XBMC, donate your ideas! I'm always looking for new ideas for content, and I'm sure giftie wouldn't mind if we compiled some ideas that he might want to include in future releases. I wouldn't expect any of these new ideas to be included soon unless it's a necessary feature. He's already working on a major rewrite with a ton of really great features and improvements. I'm really excited to see the final (or beta - hint hint) product!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bry - 2013-11-20

Any word if @giftie is going to include Philips Hue controls?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - djjordans5 - 2013-11-21

Hi guys!
I cant seem to get cinema experience working at all. ive been trying for ages but still no luck! please please someone help me! have you got a step by step list or something?
After you install the CE add-on, is there any scripting you have to change or a particular skin you have to have? i can seem to get that cinema button showing either. Is this because i am adding my networked hard drive as a source instead of having local movie files? if you can help me that would be awesome!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-11-21

Some skins have built-in support for CE. I have listed skins that are compatible on my website linked on the right in my signature. If you're using those skins, all you should need to do is configure the add-on. There is a ton of great information and a walk through on the CE Wiki. If you absolutely don't want to mess with it, I can set it up for you, but I will charge (not too much) for my time.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - djjordans5 - 2013-11-21

That would be awesome, I have send a private message to you.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Owel - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-20, 16:12)giftie Wrote: Actually XBMC seems to have a fairly accurate method of supplying the aspect ratio - thru streamdetails - as long as the video reports it properly.

Can you provide a hint? Don't know where to start to get the aspect ratio in a the HA python script.
I think there musst be way the get the ar, because in the lib of xbmc this value is provided.

any sugegstions?

Regards
Owel

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-20, 23:59)bry- Wrote: Any word if @giftie is going to include Philips Hue controls?

We haven't discussed Hue specifically, but most of the conversations I have with him are about usability and content. Perhaps giftie can answer that for us?

In other news, I need a German. See the thread here.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-20, 23:59)bry- Wrote: Any word if @giftie is going to include Philips Hue controls?

The Philips Hue can be controlled through the home_automation.py module. What needs to be sent to the bridge is something I haven't looked up, well at least not enough to give a full description.

From what I have seen, the bridge can be told to control a single light or a group of lights(probably more) I am also not about to pay $200 for 3 lights and a bridge that I'm not really going to use(well at least right now, happy with my Insteon switches)

For me to do this I will need a lot of information, since the Hue is more than a On/Off/Dimmable light(colour changing too Smile )

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tommymsw - 2013-11-22

this is awesome! I can't wait for the Gotham version! I upgraded to Gotham because I have a 3d setup but didn't even think that it would break Cinema EX, I can't wait to have it back! Also, you know what would be cool? A "put on your 3D glasses" video that runs right before the 3D content starts! Like after the trailers?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Owel - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-22, 00:39)RagnaroktA Wrote: In other news, I need a German. See the thread here.

Already answered!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-20, 18:07)RagnaroktA Wrote: If you aren't feeling monetarily generous after donating to XBMC, donate your ideas! I'm always looking for new ideas for content, and I'm sure giftie wouldn't mind if we compiled some ideas that he might want to include in future releases. I wouldn't expect any of these new ideas to be included soon unless it's a necessary feature. He's already working on a major rewrite with a ton of really great features and improvements. I'm really excited to see the final (or beta - hint hint) product!

I have one idea to share: a possibility to skip all the trailers and feature and go to the selected movie [or even better if I could choose where to skip (to countdown or audio format video for example)]. One scenario would be that when everything's ready (popcorn, drinks etc), by hitting a key from keyboard, CE would skip to the movie without anymore delaying.

I have made a sequence (stop and play) which is triggered by Z key from keyboard and that does almost all what I want. One thing missing is that home automation doesn't work because the stop and play sequence stops CE script. It would be awesome, if I was able to skip trailers and features and start the movie when desired and still have CE script working in the background.

Not sure if this is already possible to do some way. If so, please tell me.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bry - 2013-11-22

I would like an option to preview settings if possible.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - CaptainKen - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-19, 22:24)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 16:51)bry- Wrote: Looking to find out what people have and where they are getting them for the script. Is anybody interested in helping me compile a master list of sorts with links to the available content and/or provide an upload to download the available content? I would also like to mention that there are a few available paid options. are there any that I am missing? Maybe we could compile a full list with sources for giftie to put into the first post or two. As always thanks to giftie for making this possible and the slide creators for providing the content.

Packs that I have.

Check out my website (linked on the right in my signature) for all of my content. On that site I created a Resources section that has a ton of great links I came across in my quest for ALL THE THINGS before I started creating slide packs. I try to update it every time I find something new that's a great resource or content created by another author. If I'm missing something that should be added there, please let me know. As far as I know, icky never released those slides. There are just a few teasers in Nuka1195's thread, and that's all I've ever seen. Too bad, because they looked really promising.

*paid*Volume 6 Coca-Cola ScreenPlay -styled slides NOW AVAILABLE! (Total 1365 slides)