Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2014-02-20

Here is a Debug Log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134998

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wo0d1e - 2014-02-21

Hey folks looking for a little assistance if possible with the HA part of the CE script.

I am a long time user of the CE script, I have been happily using it to play trailers, slides and generally wow the family and friends when movie night falls on my turn.

However I started dabbling with Home Automation with iRule and some lightwaveRF gear. I have it all running as a stand alone sweet as a nut but really would like to be able to control my lighting from the CE script like some of the other forum users (Dimming lights at certain event triggers, turning off at movie start and lights up at movie end)

As it stands I am able to control my lighting via iRule on my ipad and iphone, the wifi link for controlling the lights receives a UDP packet broadcast to port 9760 I just broadcast this out over 255.255.255.255, the wifi link receives the command and does the rest.

I am running XBMC via OpenELEC Stable - ION x86_64 3.2.4, reading back and forth through the forum I believe I will have to install the Event Receiver plugin to allow it to receive broadcast triggers from CE...BUT..can I send & more importantly how would I send the UDP broadcast out from this.

Thank you in advance for any advice at all. This forum has helped me out so much in the past.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-20, 23:05)Eisi2005 Wrote: Here is a Debug Log

Though I don't know why it is crashing(crashes at the opening of Full Screen Video) The Official Repo has the latest version(4.0.10) though I don't think it will change anything.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 00:04)wo0d1e Wrote: Hey folks looking for a little assistance if possible with the HA part of the CE script.

I am a long time user of the CE script, I have been happily using it to play trailers, slides and generally wow the family and friends when movie night falls on my turn.

However I started dabbling with Home Automation with iRule and some lightwaveRF gear. I have it all running as a stand alone sweet as a nut but really would like to be able to control my lighting from the CE script like some of the other forum users (Dimming lights at certain event triggers, turning off at movie start and lights up at movie end)

As it stands I am able to control my lighting via iRule on my ipad and iphone, the wifi link for controlling the lights receives a UDP packet broadcast to port 9760 I just broadcast this out over 255.255.255.255, the wifi link receives the command and does the rest.

I am running XBMC via OpenELEC Stable - ION x86_64 3.2.4, reading back and forth through the forum I believe I will have to install the Event Receiver plugin to allow it to receive broadcast triggers from CE...BUT..can I send & more importantly how would I send the UDP broadcast out from this.

Thank you in advance for any advice at all. This forum has helped me out so much in the past.

If all that iRule needs is UDP Broadcasts you can do them directly from home_automation.py. This is how I wrote the home_automation.py for EventGhost.

The EventGhost Version is available here -> https://github.com/Giftie/home_automation.py/blob/Event_Ghost/home_automation.py

I have a UDP Broadcast function in the script's utils module.

How to use it:

You need to call the function in the following way:

Code:
utils.broadcastUDP( data, port = 8278, ipaddress = '255.255.255.255' ):

data - data being sent to iRule
port - data port to broadcast on
ipaddress - Send it on the general broadcast port or you can point it to a specific ip.

Not much else... Smile Hope this helps...

Buffer size adjustment help - cappy11078 - 2014-02-21

Hi everyone,
I just figured out how to run CE and it is great. One question is when I stream the Apple trailers with 720P, through CE, the trailer buffers to about 45% (which takes about 45sec.) then says cache full and plays no problem. This happens for every trailer. If i go directly to Apple trailers add-on under XBMC video add-ons, the trailer will play instantly with no buffering. I have a strong and fast internet connection. I am running Macbook pro OSX( not Mavericks). I am using Metropolis skin. If a file script needs to be modified, please point me in the right direction to where that file is located and what to change.
Thanks for the help.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wo0d1e - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 04:57)giftie Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 00:04)wo0d1e Wrote: Hey folks looking for a little assistance if possible with the HA part of the CE script.

If all that iRule needs is UDP Broadcasts you can do them directly from home_automation.py. This is how I wrote the home_automation.py for EventGhost.

The EventGhost Version is available here -> https://github.com/Giftie/home_automation.py/blob/Event_Ghost/home_automation.py

How to use it:

Code:

ipaddress - Send it on the general broadcast port or you can point it to a specific ip.

Wow :-) a response direct from the man himself. Thanks for the response Giftie. So I can do this direct from within the home_automation.py. If I use your linked EG home_automation.py. where you have:

utils.broadcastUDP( "<b>CE_Automate<li>trivia_intro</b>" ) Which calls EG (But is not needed for my needs)

I can swap this for

utils.broadcastUDP( !R1D1FdP32, port = 9760, ipaddress = '255.255.255.255 ) (and fire out a direct UDP broadcast tp the listening WifiLink)

Correct me if I am wrong Giftie, I promise my learning curve is a short one :-) and thanks again for such a quick response.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 10:28)wo0d1e Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 04:57)giftie Wrote:

How to use it:

Code:

Wow :-) a response direct from the man himself. Thanks for the response Giftie. So I can do this direct from within the home_automation.py. If I use your linked EG home_automation.py. where you have:

utils.broadcastUDP( "<b>CE_Automate<li>trivia_intro</b>" ) Which calls EG (But is not needed for my needs)

I can swap this for

utils.broadcastUDP( !R1D1FdP32, port = 9760, ipaddress = '255.255.255.255 ) (and fire out a direct UDP broadcast tp the listening WifiLink)

Correct me if I am wrong Giftie, I promise my learning curve is a short one :-) and thanks again for such a quick response.

You would need to make the data into a string by surrounding it by quotes:
Code:
utils.broadcastUDP( "!R1D1FdP32", port=9760 ) # don't need the ipaddress as 255.255.255.255 is already set

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-22

(2014-02-20, 23:05)Eisi2005 Wrote: Here is a Debug Log

I think I have found the fault of the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wo0d1e - 2014-02-22

(2014-02-21, 16:08)giftie Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 10:28)wo0d1e Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 04:57)giftie Wrote: If all that iRule needs is UDP Broadcasts you can do them directly from home_automation.py. This is how I wrote the home_automation.py for EventGhost.

How to use it:

Code:

I can swap this for

Code:
utils.broadcastUDP( "!R1D1FdP32", port=9760 ) # don't need the ipaddress as 255.255.255.255 is already set

I didn't want to clog up the forums with a million replies, but I just wanted to say a huge thanks for the advice regarding the HA and my query. I am moving home at the moment so I cannot wait to try the script out at the new pad. I will no doubt be back if I run into difficulty. One final query though you mentioned # don't need the ipaddress as 255.255.255.255 is already set.

Does this mean I can straight drop the EG home_automation.py. to userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/ha_scripts and just adjust my call functions for my needs? Oh ok maybe one more thing, if I don't use a particular feature say "Coming attractions intro" cam I omit the code from beneath it in your script? or can i leave it as it wont't trigger if I don't have it enabled ? Thanks in a advance for your advice or the advice of any other member of the forum. Wink

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-22

(2014-02-22, 11:44)wo0d1e Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 16:08)giftie Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 10:28)wo0d1e Wrote: Wow :-) a response direct from the man himself. Thanks for the response Giftie. So I can do this direct from within the home_automation.py. If I use your linked EG home_automation.py. where you have:

I can swap this for

Code:

I didn't want to clog up the forums with a million replies, but I just wanted to say a huge thanks for the advice regarding the HA and my query. I am moving home at the moment so I cannot wait to try the script out at the new pad. I will no doubt be back if I run into difficulty. One final query though you mentioned # don't need the ipaddress as 255.255.255.255 is already set.

Does this mean I can straight drop the EG home_automation.py. to userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/ha_scripts and just adjust my call functions for my needs? Oh ok maybe one more thing, if I don't use a particular feature say "Coming attractions intro" cam I omit the code from beneath it in your script? or can i leave it as it wont't trigger if I don't have it enabled ? Thanks in a advance for your advice or the advice of any other member of the forum. Wink

I would just modify the version that is already in that folder. Just replace the 'pass' code with what you want.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoa2014 - 2014-02-23

I am using Cinema Experience 3.0.11 and the apple trailers is so slow to buffer! Is there a fix in the new version?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 06:36)hoa2014 Wrote: I am using Cinema Experience 3.0.11 and the apple trailers is so slow to buffer! Is there a fix in the new version?

The script doesn't buffer anything.. XBMC does this. There is a slight difference on how Apple iTunes trailers access the trailers - uses a different user-agent. 3.0.11 is only a test version that fixed playlists handling, so no change from previous versions. I have a feeling that Apple messes with data flow for devices that it doesn't like(user-agent tells Apple what device - web browser - a client is using). I look into using a different user-agent in the script.

Also, where did you get version 3.0.11?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Shinjiru - 2014-02-24

I'm having a few issues getting Cinema Experience up and running.

My debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=137719

My issues:
1. I can't get any trivia slides to work besides the blockbusters set.
2. MPAA ratings video won't play.
3. After the trivia intro (Pre-show Entertainment) video plays, XBMC kicks back to the movie library screen for a split-second before showing the blockbuster slides.

I have my Cinema Experience folder setup as directed in the wiki. And all the files I'm using (trivia, videos, ratings) have been downloaded from cinemavision.org.

Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-02-24

(2014-02-24, 06:58)Shinjiru Wrote: I'm having a few issues getting Cinema Experience up and running.

My debug log:

My issues:
Though I have not been able to recreate this, you are not the first to mention this problem. I am working on finding the cause and fixing it.
Quote:2. MPAA ratings video won't play.
Movie Rating files have always needed to carry the extension of '.avi', the video can be any type, just the extension needs to change. The next release will allow any video extension that XBMC supports.
Quote:3. After the trivia intro (Pre-show Entertainment) video plays, XBMC kicks back to the movie library screen for a split-second before showing the blockbuster slides.
This is due to the time that XBMC takes to switch between windows(full screen video to the trivia and also vice versa) Some machines do not see any of this. This also is being worked on, though might not make it to the next release(or a couple)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Shinjiru - 2014-02-24

(2014-02-24, 07:22)giftie Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 06:58)Shinjiru Wrote: I'm having a few issues getting Cinema Experience up and running.

My debug log:

My issues:
Though I have not been able to recreate this, you are not the first to mention this problem. I am working on finding the cause and fixing it.
Quote:2. MPAA ratings video won't play.
Movie Rating files have always needed to carry the extension of '.avi', the video can be any type, just the extension needs to change. The next release will allow any video extension that XBMC supports.
Quote:3. After the trivia intro (Pre-show Entertainment) video plays, XBMC kicks back to the movie library screen for a split-second before showing the blockbuster slides.
This is due to the time that XBMC takes to switch between windows(full screen video to the trivia and also vice versa) Some machines do not see any of this. This also is being worked on, though might not make it to the next release(or a couple)

Thanks for looking into it.