Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rubbens16 - 2014-11-03

I'm trying to integrate Cinema Experience into an Aeon5 skin and my home automation. I've changed the home automation script so that lights goes out when the trailers start. This works perfectly (I can control my lights by calling an URL through python).

But I've also added a line when the script pauses, resumes and ends. My goal is in case the movie pauses, lights goes on, when the movie resumes, lights goes out and when the movie ends, lights goes on. But contrary to the automation when the trailers start, nothing happens when I pause the movie, resume or end the movie.

Am I missing something?

Ivan

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-11-04

(2014-11-03, 21:45)rubbens16 Wrote: I'm trying to integrate Cinema Experience into an Aeon5 skin and my home automation. I've changed the home automation script so that lights goes out when the trailers start. This works perfectly (I can control my lights by calling an URL through python).

But I've also added a line when the script pauses, resumes and ends. My goal is in case the movie pauses, lights goes on, when the movie resumes, lights goes out and when the movie ends, lights goes on. But contrary to the automation when the trailers start, nothing happens when I pause the movie, resume or end the movie.

Am I missing something?

Ivan

How did you do this? I've been asking for some direction but can't seem to get any. Too much info is old or says it doesn't work and I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rubbens16 - 2014-11-04

In userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/ha_scripts/home_automation.py I've put the following code

PHP Code:
# Feature Presentation Intro

elif trigger == "Feature Presentation Intro" and ha_settings"ha_fpv_intro" ]: 

# place code below this line

urllib2.urlopen("http://192.168.1.134/include/process.php?gad=startMovie&action=0")

pass
        elif trigger 
== "Script End" and ha_settings"ha_script_end" ]:

# place code below this line

urllib2.urlopen("http://192.168.1.134/include/process.php?gad=stopMovie&action=1")

pass 

This works for "Feature Presentation Intro", but not when the moving ends (so "Script End"). It didn't work for the trigger "Pause", but I've made a typo, so I have to retest it.

Of course, the correct code will depend on the way you have automated your lights. I have a KNX system at home and created some PHP scripts that work on top of eibd and linknx.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rubbens16 - 2014-11-04

I've retested the Pause trigger after correcting my typo, but the system doesn't do anything when I pauses the movie.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Boku - 2014-11-07

So I changed the folder structure to match the wiki but im still getting the same error saying a file could not play then all my file/folder locations get changed with the addition of "&amp" in the script settings.

anyone?
here are the logs
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=343807

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Boku - 2014-11-08

(2014-04-14, 11:55)Mungo Wrote: I changed "intro's", to "intros", recreated the file path's again and everything stuck and worked as expected. Quick fix, but figured it may also be a quick internal fix as well to cope with apostrophe's

lol changed the root folder from "Trailers & Intros etc" to "Trailers Intros etc" and that fixed it....

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rubbens16 - 2014-11-09

(2014-11-04, 09:18)rubbens16 Wrote: I've retested the Pause trigger after correcting my typo, but the system doesn't do anything when I pauses the movie.

Can anybody help with this? I've noticed that on certain changes to the configuration files and on certain reboots, the pause trigger is working. But this is not consistent, and I can't figure out when it will work and when it won't.

At the moment, when a movie pauses, the trigger is not fired and lights are not switched on.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-11-16

Still asking if someone can help me with CE and Z-Wave. I don't have a lot of access to the equipment to monkey around right now but I still can't seem to understand the process. So much information is 3+ years old and I feel that unless it just 'clicks' for you it's like staring at binary code trying to see the blonde. Anyone?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dingerjunkie - 2014-11-16

Hello All. This may have been covered on an earlier post, but my search attempts have not been successful as of yet. If anyone has the answer, or if anyone can point me to the proper post index for the answer, I would be very thankful.

I've set up a JSONRPC call to execute Cinema Experience directly, but I'd like avoid the queueing routine. I have the system configured for single-movie sessions, and I know how to map the execution of the JSON command to a button on various remotes/control sets. What I'd like to do is pass the ID of whatever movie file currently "has focus" if I call CE from within the Movies page. That way I can either just watch the film or start a CE session with a single click...no need to start the app and queue what I'm already "focused on."

Any ideas on how to capture and pass this info as a starting parameter for a CE execution pass?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Brker19 - 2014-11-18

Huh Please help! This is my first post so i must say I love Cinema Experience. My problem is I cant get any intro video of any kind to work. Countdown, Main feature intro, nothing. I have the latest version of Kodi and I installed Cinema through the add on section where Kodi Downloaded it. Do i need to put the videos in a specific folder, because when i point the settings at the folder on my HD it doesn't work. Cinema will play the videos because i added them to my video files just to see. When I installed Kodi it installed a Kodi folder and a separate XMBC folder. If i have to create a root folder where do i put it? Sorry I'm very new at this and lost i have been searching the forum like crazy. I hate to just ask but im getting tired of searching I know it will be something simple, I just don't know what to do. Sorry for being a noob!!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Brker19 - 2014-11-18

Today I uninstalled everything and reinstalled Kodi Helix and installed Cinema experience from the zip file. I'm still having no luck with any type of intro. Do I need to rename the intros? Do I need to go into the script to ate it up. I though all I would have to do is point to the file in the setting but I'm having no luck.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Brker19 - 2014-11-20

Ok I have done everything from the first page with the folders. I can't get anything to work. Please someone help me!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Brker19 - 2014-11-20

I'm guessing looking at the wiki that i missed the home_automation.py for triggering EventGhost file to place in the userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/ha_scripts folder. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble? I guess i will find out when i get home.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Brker19 - 2014-11-21

Well I'm bummed! I guess I'm to dumb to use this program.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - clubwerks - 2014-11-21

(2014-11-21, 05:14)Brker19 Wrote: Well I'm bummed! I guess I'm to dumb to use this program.

Which is somewhat ironic because you used the wrong to in your post.