Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- doestergaard - 2011-03-23

Need a bit help here.

Is it possible to make the script run in hidden mode? For example. I just wanna browse and select a movie I would like to watch, and before it begins, the countdown feature shows.

More specific, what I want to do, is to just hit play as usual and then the script will run without having me to trigger it first.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

- justermin - 2011-03-23

giftie Wrote:To add the button for the Addon in Confluence you need to add the following to DialogVideoInfo.xml - Insert After line 1128 and before 1129.

Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
      <description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
      <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
      <label>Cinema</label>
      <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
      <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
      <onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

This adds a button to the Info Window....

Ah Ha there lies the problem for me.... when i installed the addon to my own machine on Saturday that section of code was already in the script when i looked.. i just needed to edit it as it still had reference to "home.theatre" not "cinema"...so all i had to do was change the path etc..... but the install i did on my fathers on Monday did not have that section of code present when i looked...... i didnt realise it had to be added not just edited..... not sure how it got into my install as i installed in exact same manner just on different days.
Thanks anyway for the help this should solve the issue... going to my dads now to fix for him... he'll be a happy man. Wink

- giftie - 2011-03-23

doestergaard Wrote:Need a bit help here.

Is it possible to make the script run in hidden mode? For example. I just wanna browse and select a movie I would like to watch, and before it begins, the countdown feature shows.

More specific, what I want to do, is to just hit play as usual and then the script will run without having me to trigger it first.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of options.

First off, which skin are you using?

I ask this because there are three skins that use the addon in a similar way that you are asking for. Aeon MQ2(Cinema Button), Transparency! SVN(development Version) and Night SVN(development version). Aeon MQ2 adds a Cinema button to the home menu, both Transparency! and Night have the option(in skin settings) to turn the Movies button into a full time Cinema Experience button. I also have mods for Confluence and MediaStream Redux available that also add a full time Cinema Experience button.

Using one of the above skins, when you activate from the Home Window(sub menu activation also works) the addon takes you to your Movies Library(instead of the Skin doing so) You should see a small Notification window displayed with the following intructions "Press 'Q' or '0'(ZERO) to Queue Movie(s)" Pressing either of these two will cause XBMC to queue up the movie. This is somewhat similar to how the script works from the Info Window. Now if you have the Feature Presentations settings on the addon set as default, the Addon will start. If you have the Feature Presentations set to more than 1, the script will wait until you have Queued the set amount of movies(and add intermission video between the movies if also set up.)

If you would like, you can edit your remote.xml in Userdata/Keymaps to add the play button to Queue, or pick another key that you want.

Another way, I believe is posted somewhere among these 100 messages. you can add the RunScript command to your keymap(attached to a button).

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml <- wiki page regarding the keymap file.

Here is the location you would need to add(found in remote.xml)
Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <remote>
      <zero>Queue</zero>
      <clear>Delete</clear>
    </remote>
  </MyVideoLibrary>

To add the play button that same area should look like this:

Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <remote>
      <play>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</play>
      <zero>Queue</zero>
      <clear>Delete</clear>
    </remote>
  </MyVideoLibrary>

A word of warning though. The above code will also call the addon in any part of the Video Library(TV Shows, etc.) so it would be best to use a different button other than Play or Select(the common buttons).

I am working on capturing the Play and Select buttons for use with the addon, when starting from the Home window.

- doestergaard - 2011-03-23

Wow, thank you! I can see the issue with the play funktion. But I don't want this too happen to all my movies, only the ones i choose.
I use the Xperience skin by teamblackbolt Smile

My thoughts:

Is it possible to get around your script by adding a .xml file in a movies folder, like:

HANCOCK (moviefolder)
-> movie.tbn
-> movie.nfo
-> HANCOCK.iso (main movie)
-> HANCOCK-trailer (is displayed in video info which is fine)
-> movie-fanart
-> hancock.xml

That xml file would contain information on how xbmc will be playing items before the movie, and the movie itself - like when you press play, the hancock.iso plays.

The XML file could look like:

<playfirst>movietrailer1.m4a - /path_to_movietrailer1</playfirst>
<playsecond>movietrailer2.m4a - /path_to_movietrailer2</playsecond>
<playthird>dolby-countdown.m2ts - /path_to_dolby-countdown.m2ts</playthird>
<playfourth>HANCOCK.iso</playfourth>

Just so you know, I'm not a coder, so I don't know anything about how to code something like this. The above example could give the user the opportunity to choose, which movies he would like to have playing this.

No buttons, no conflict with anything else. Just a file in a movies folder, which controls xbmcs way of handling the playback of that movie.

Btw, amazing work giftie,

/ Daniel.

EDIT: Just like .ifo files in a DVD which handle the adds playing before the main movie Smile

- PatOso - 2011-03-24

giftie at the beginning of the movie using the script when you press Info (i) do not see the argument only the poster, is this normal? Using Skin Night now
Without using cinema experience is all the information.

THX

- TomPiXX - 2011-03-24

giftie Wrote:Though it is not yet fully functional, the script will have the ability to perform tasks at key points through out the running of the script. These tasks are not going to be programmed by me(for the most part, I will help though) are contained in a file call home_automation.py(it's not included yet as I'm trying to think of a place to put it so it will not be erased when ever the script is updated.)

How it works. Inside this file is programming areas for each of these tasks. The user, or some one helping the user, will put the necessary code to trigger the tasks they want. It should be to interface with almost any type of home automation systems(lighting control for the most part)

For example:

If user would want the lights to dim to off at the start of the movie, the user needs the approprate code for their system placed in the code block for Movie(inside the file home_automation.py) and turn on the Option in the setting in the Home automation settings.

When it is integrated I will give examples for some available systems...

Okay, that sounds really great!
I'm currently working on a solution to pause a movie withing XBMC when a user passes a light barrier.

Your implemention could be an attempt...

- Kallaide - 2011-03-25

I think you've broken the Trailers function...

Every time I try to change the settings it looks all good then I go to play a movie with Cinema and it resets the settings. It also appears to not be selecting any other trailer from Apple than the first one...

- giftie - 2011-03-25

PatOso Wrote:giftie at the beginning of the movie using the script when you press Info (i) do not see the argument only the poster, is this normal? Using Skin Night now
Without using cinema experience is all the information.

THX

Not sure what you are missing, just tested with Night SVN(the one that supports Cinema Experience) and took a screen shot.

All the Info is shown.

- giftie - 2011-03-25

Kallaide Wrote:I think you've broken the Trailers function...

Every time I try to change the settings it looks all good then I go to play a movie with Cinema and it resets the settings. It also appears to not be selecting any other trailer from Apple than the first one...

There is a slight error with the trailers, it's fixed for the next release.

As for the settings, if you have multiple Cinema Experience's running cause the settings to appear to not be saved(after pressing OK - always be sure to press OK when your finished changing settings.) To be sure that the script is not running, try activating the addon from the addon window before you change the settings( once should do it)

Also, what skin are you using and you method of activating Cinema Experience?

- giftie - 2011-03-25

ezechiel1917 Wrote:just to check before making any conclusions, do you guys have actual thumbs for trailers displayed when they're played (local / xbmc db source) - I always get only skins default image for thumb - v1.0.40?

what's the right naming convention for thumbs?

moviename-trailer.mov
moviename-trailer.tbn ?

thanks for info

Cinema Experience looks for the thumbnail the following way:

First it tries to match the trailer file path, and name but changes the extension to .tbn.

If it doesn't find it, the filename is changed by dropping the "-trailer"

If it still does not find it, the file name is changed to "movie.tbn"(same as the cover being stored in your movie folder if you use something like Ember)

And if it is still not matched, it is set to "DefaultVideo.png"

Though there is an error in 1.0.40 causing the thumbnail not to be found, which I think is properly fixed for the next release.

- Kallaide - 2011-03-25

I'm using Neon SVN

I think it may have been an issue with multiple runnings of the script. I finally got HD-Trailers Downloader working so I'm just going to use that instead of trying to Stream them from Apple.

Can't wait for the next version!

- PatOso - 2011-03-25

giftie say:
Quote:All the Info is shown.

I'm doing something wrong.
I have the video split into multiple folders.
The trailers that are released trailer Lite Apple previously downloader, do not use streams in the trailers.
Ratings do not use.
Do not use Trivia
All other configuration options disable.
The videos I use are not added to the library of XBMC.
I run cinema experience from the movie info.
Any hints?

You could put a few shots from your configuration cinema experience?
You use DXVA?
Thanks giftie.

- foghat - 2011-03-25

giftie Wrote:As for the settings, if you have multiple Cinema Experience's running cause the settings to appear to not be saved(after pressing OK - always be sure to press OK when your finished changing settings.) To be sure that the script is not running, try activating the addon from the addon window before you change the settings( once should do it)

Can you please explain how to activate the add on from the add on window?

Also, if I select the limit trailers by genre option, does it have to be an exact match? For example if my movie has the following genres associated with it:

action / adventure / sci-fi

but the trailer .nfo file has:

action / comedy

Will Cinema Experience make a match on action and play the trailer?

- giftie - 2011-03-25

foghat Wrote:Can you please explain how to activate the add on from the add on window?

When you are in the Addons/Programs window(off of the Home Window, not from Settings) you just need to click on the Addon.

Quote:Also, if I select the limit trailers by genre option, does it have to be an exact match? For example if my movie has the following genres associated with it:

action / adventure / sci-fi

but the trailer .nfo file has:

action / comedy

Will Cinema Experience make a match on action and play the trailer?
Cinema Experience looks for a match to any of the Genres. So if your Movie is Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi, it will match to any trailer NFO that has Action or Adventure or Sci-Fi in it. So If you have Limit by Genre, that trailer would be matched.

- foghat - 2011-03-25

giftie Wrote:Cinema Experience looks for a match to any of the Genres. So if your Movie is Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi, it will match to any trailer NFO that has Action or Adventure or Sci-Fi in it. So If you have Limit by Genre, that trailer would be matched.

Thanks, my problem was the nfo file did not have the exact same name as the trailer. Once I made the names the same, started working great.

Question about the Select Only Watched Trailers setting. Does it work per xbmc instance?

if I have it enabled, and watch a trailer on one machine, will the trailer still play on my second machine with a different install of xbmc? Both machines are looking at the same trailers directory.

Thanks.