Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- andrewf - 2011-04-03

giftie Wrote:The most important thing about using the "Cinema" button with Aeon MQ2 is that you need to Queue the movie to properly function. This is done by using the 'Q' or '0' zero button. The 'Cinema' button gives quick access to use the multiple feature option of the add on.

Got that bit down no problem, though it has frozen on me a few times in trial after pressing Q meaning i've had to reload.

Did a suprise cinema night tonight that went down a treat. Everything working save for...

no rating showing (I've tried linking to the 'ratings' folder which contains UK and US ratings and directly to the UK folder within)

Trivia intro isn't picking up every try and I keep randomising my whole trivia folder and so not getting one set. More investigation me thinks on that one.

Wont play my soundtrack smart playlist either. Note to self - Wonder if it only plays regular playlists (no smart alowed)?

Other than that an awesome script. I want to invite everyone around now to make full use of it. Big Grin

One one thought. I went and downloaded loads of audio videos from Demo World and also picked up a load of distributor ones whilst there. Is there any way of feeding these in the the experience?

- giftie - 2011-04-03

andrewf Wrote:Got that bit down no problem, though it has frozen on me a few times in trial after pressing Q meaning i've had to reload.

Did a suprise cinema night tonight that went down a treat. Everything working save for...

no rating showing (I've tried linking to the 'ratings' folder which contains UK and US ratings and directly to the UK folder within)

A copy of your xbmc.log(posted on pastebin.org) would show what the script was using as a rating)

Quote:Trivia intro isn't picking up every try and I keep randomising my whole trivia folder and so not getting one set. More investigation me thinks on that one.

Wont play my soundtrack smart playlist either. Note to self - Wonder if it only plays regular playlists (no smart alowed)?

That's correct, Smart Playlists are not supported, Regular M3U playlists, music folder and single music files are supported at the moment. Not sure if Smart Playlists will be supported in the future even, I'll look into it though...

Quote:Other than that an awesome script. I want to invite everyone around now to make full use of it. Big Grin

One one thought. I went and downloaded loads of audio videos from Demo World and also picked up a load of distributor ones whilst there. Is there any way of feeding these in the the experience?

I'm going to be adding other video locations, ie cartoons, advertisements, etc. For ones that need specific information from the movie(ie Studio intros etc.) I'll think about it, but they might be a bit over kill...

The next release should be out this weekend, with a few fixes to the downloader, thumbnails, Home automation...

- giftie - 2011-04-03

lams144 Wrote:Here you have a good source to control X10 devices and speaker through homeseer home automation software in a simple way:

http://smart-living.geoblog.be/?p=4&lang=en

This could be one choice for home automation control (homeseer controls x10, z-ware...)

I have done a macro in eventghost, asociated to a key in my mce remote, using that plugin. It dims or switch off my lights, then send a key to xbmc (in my case ctrl+shift+h) asociated to cinema experience in keyboard.xml with this code:

<h mod="ctrl,shift">XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</h>

The result is my lights dimmed and then cinema experience started. More Cinema Experience for your tv room with the touch of a key in your remote or keyboard.

The next release has a file called 'home_automation.py' which the script will use to trigger events based on the Home Automation Settings(should be visible in the present version, in Settings) This file will be automatically copied to the userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/ha_scripts folder(if it does not exist) This way it will not be copied over whenever an update happens to the script.

In this python script file you can add any programming that is needed to trigger events. I think this is the best way right now because there are a few different Home automation systems, various equipment and different OS's.

True, many may not have the programming skills to modify this script, I think there is enough people that can and probably willing to share(as you have)

Turn off auto-update? - xsvtoys - 2011-04-03

I didn't see any setting to turn off the automatic updating of Cinema Experience, is this possible? While I appreciate the new features and fixes in the ongoing updates, I would like to control when they are installed. The last 3 updates have broken my perfectly-working experience for various reasons I suppose. I was able to get everything working again the first two times, but after the most recent update everything borked and I spent too much time trying to fix it. I got things semi-working but for whatever reason it is not playing any trailers and nothing will work unless I set up a trivia slideshow. I had it all working perfectly before with no trivia so this is a bummer. Now I either have to sort out how to roll back to an earlier version, or continue to troubleshoot what I have now.

- andrewf - 2011-04-03

Giftie thanks for posting a reply to my post. Wasn't expecting that - much appreciated. Mother's day so been out all day and so yet to try anything new. Gonna try a few things shortly but wanted to get in a thanks now in case I miss the chance later. Smile

- giftie - 2011-04-04

xsvtoys Wrote:I didn't see any setting to turn off the automatic updating of Cinema Experience, is this possible? While I appreciate the new features and fixes in the ongoing updates, I would like to control when they are installed. The last 3 updates have broken my perfectly-working experience for various reasons I suppose. I was able to get everything working again the first two times, but after the most recent update everything borked and I spent too much time trying to fix it. I got things semi-working but for whatever reason it is not playing any trailers and nothing will work unless I set up a trivia slideshow. I had it all working perfectly before with no trivia so this is a bummer. Now I either have to sort out how to roll back to an earlier version, or continue to troubleshoot what I have now.

The only way the script 'Auto Updates' is if you have that setting turned on for all Addons in XBMC(Settings -> Addons ) I personally dislike anything that automatically updates itself.(check your settings in XBMC) Things always seem to need some attention.

Quite often what 'borks' the script from running the first time after an update is the settings file that is saved does not match what the script needs. Often just going into the script settings and clicking on ok is good enough.

Feel free to upload your xbmc.log file to pastebin.org or similar. This helps me not to bork the system up next time around.

Thanks...

- xsvtoys - 2011-04-04

giftie Wrote:The only way the script 'Auto Updates' is if you have that setting turned on for all Addons in XBMC(Settings -> Addons ) I personally dislike anything that automatically updates itself.(check your settings in XBMC) Things always seem to need some attention.

Quite often what 'borks' the script from running the first time after an update is the settings file that is saved does not match what the script needs. Often just going into the script settings and clicking on ok is good enough.

Feel free to upload your xbmc.log file to pastebin.org or similar. This helps me not to bork the system up next time around.

Thanks...

Awesome, thanks Giftie, I will get back into it and try again and report back, as soon as I get some more time. Thanks for your great work.

- giftie - 2011-04-04

New version up for download...

this revision contains the following:

Code:
- Enhancement - Added Paused & Resumed Triggers for Home Automation
- Fixed - Script now handles being stopped(cleanly shuts script down)
- Fixed - Properly use thumbnail images when HD-Trailers.net Downloader is used

- Fixed - the DefaultVideo.png thumbnail was showing up instead of the Movie Trailer thumbnail
- Fixed - added error catching if user does not have the proper version of Movie Quiz installed and has the Trivia Mode set to Movie Quiz
- Enhancement - Trailer Downloader now downloads Movie Trailer Posters
- Fixed - Home Automation module was left out of last version.

- andrewf - 2011-04-04

Ok so to update....

Rating ā€“ Sorted - It appears the bluray drive I bought to burn my discs is set to Region1 and so all my UK films have burned with a US rating. I had the script set to the UK folder.

Music - I'm still unable to play a single track?

Trivia Slides ā€“ Sorted

Trivia Intro - Has yet to ever appear.

giftie Wrote:A copy of your xbmc.log(posted on pastebin.org) would show what the script was using as a rating)...

Forgive the ignorance but how do I get the log? Iā€™m playing XBMC Live in Linux partition.

Cheers Andrew

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-04-04

thanks for new version, but it doesn't play trailers anymore (tested local, xbmc library + stream)

PHP Code:
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Retriving Trailers3 Trailers
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICETraceback (most recent call last):
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/xbmcscript_player.py"line 135in _start
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:     self._create_playlistmpaaaudiogenremovieequivalent_mpaa )
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/xbmcscript_player.py"line 271in _create_playlist
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:     mode "playlist"
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/ce_playlist.py"line 67in _get_trailers
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:     exec "from scrapers.%s import scraper as scraper" % ( settings"trailer_scraper" ], )
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "<string>"line 1in ?
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICEImportErrorNo module named scrapers.xbmc_library 

any chance for hotfix? ty

- giftie - 2011-04-04

ezechiel1917 Wrote:thanks for new version, but it doesn't play trailers anymore (tested local, xbmc library + stream)

PHP Code:
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Retriving Trailers3 Trailers
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICETraceback (most recent call last):
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/xbmcscript_player.py"line 135in _start
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:     self._create_playlistmpaaaudiogenremovieequivalent_mpaa )
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/xbmcscript_player.py"line 271in _create_playlist
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:     mode "playlist"
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/ce_playlist.py"line 67in _get_trailers
:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:     exec "from scrapers.%s import scraper as scraper" % ( settings"trailer_scraper" ], )
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICE:   File "<string>"line 1in ?
18:58:39 T:2863651696 M:1886564352  NOTICEImportErrorNo module named scrapers.xbmc_library 

any chance for hotfix? ty

Should be fixed now in 1.0.44 - available on the repo...

- LostMan - 2011-04-04

Is it just me, or did the new version also disable Theater intro video?

That is what I have experienced

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-04-04

giftie: thanks, works fine now Nod

also listitem.setInfo for main movie is still an issue in 1.0.44:
PatOso Wrote:Skin night mode without CE Info.

skin night with CE run Info.

any idea?

- BEWBTUBE - 2011-04-05

Latest version no longer plays Theater Intros, Trailer Intros or Trailers no matter what settings I use or what directories I choose. Huh

- BEWBTUBE - 2011-04-05

nevermind