Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- dgbittner - 2011-04-20

I have the exact same issue - crashes after the feature presentation intro.
if I skip the movie then it goes to trailers as expected....

great plugin from what I saw tho... good idea...

- ajibcj - 2011-04-20

I'm experiencing the same problems with my trailers not working either for the past 2-3 weeks. I've also noticed that the Movie Theatre Intro (or any video immediately after the trivia) doesn't display for the first few seconds but there is audio. It appears like there's an error happening in the script somewhere and the error handling is skipping right over the trailers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Debug log???? - giftie - 2011-04-21

Can anyone say "xbmc.log"?

See Here for details..

- KiSUAN - 2011-04-21

giftie Wrote:Can anyone say "xbmc.log"?

See Here for details..

What, you don't have magic powers?

Bummer!!!

Couldn`t resist Rofl

- bluenote - 2011-04-21

A rasher of logs will be coming your way tomorrow giftie. thanks

EDIT: dont forget, you've got one of mine already, and omegatek has also posted one.

- bluenote - 2011-04-21

Hey giftie

Here's a fresh debug log.

I configured CE to 1 theater intro, + 3 streamed local library trailers.

The behaviour I see is, theater intro plays, and seems to hang on last frame.
This time instead of hitting 'esc' I brought up A/V menu, and pressed "Next" to try and skip to next clip, but it exits to previous screen. Maybe there is more illuminating info from that though.

http://pastebin.com/MErYnfay

thanks for looking

- giftie - 2011-04-22

bluenote Wrote:A rasher of logs will be coming your way tomorrow giftie. thanks

EDIT: dont forget, you've got one of mine already, and omegatek has also posted one.

Although my message wasn't directed at you(just the two that hopped on your problem).. Actually omegatek is having a slightly different problem, he's streaming from the Apple Movie Trailers add on's database. Though they might have the same issue in the end..

I think I see the problem, I just find it a little strange that I can't recreate the problem myself...

Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to figure it all out...

Thanks...

- bluenote - 2011-04-22

giftie Wrote:Although my message wasn't directed at you(just the two that hopped on your problem).. Actually omegatek is having a slightly different problem, he's streaming from the Apple Movie Trailers add on's database. Though they might have the same issue in the end..

I think I see the problem, I just find it a little strange that I can't recreate the problem myself...

Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to figure it all out...

Thanks...

Thank you so much for your work on this. This plugin is really, really, the icing on the cake for a nice media center. I can't wait to be able to show it off to friends and family who come over Smile

- strict9 - 2011-04-23

I am having the same problem, the script crashes if I enable streaming Apple trailers. If you need another log, let me know. Thank you!

- giftie - 2011-04-23

strict9 Wrote:I am having the same problem, the script crashes if I enable streaming Apple trailers. If you need another log, let me know. Thank you!

A log would be helpful.. I'm trying to track this down to whether it is the way the script inserts the trailer into the playlist or if it is a problem directly with XBMC.

Hopefully I can work this out soon...

- omegatek - 2011-04-23

Thanks giftie again for trying to work this out. If there is anything else I can do (more testing/debugs/etc..) let me know.

Other than the crashing, this script really is the best one out there. It gives you that "at the movies" experience that I've always tried to replicate.

Donate? - Korey - 2011-04-24

Hey Giftie,

Anywhere we can donate you some much deserved beer money?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Big Grin

- aussieburger - 2011-04-27

giftie Wrote:A log would be helpful.. I'm trying to track this down to whether it is the way the script inserts the trailer into the playlist or if it is a problem directly with XBMC.

Hopefully I can work this out soon...

I had the same problem here as everyone else for the last 2-3 weeks. Hangs just before the apple trailers are meant to stream.

In the log when it wasn't working I managed to save this:

Quote:DEBUG: CFileCurl::GetMimeType - http://trailers.apple.com/movies/independent/13assassins/13assassins-tlr1_h640w.mov|User-Agent=QuickTime%2F7.2+%28qtver%3D7.2%3Bos%3DWindows+NT+5.1Service+Pack+3%29 -> video/quicktime

ERROR: Error trying to retrieve an item that's out of range

ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()

I'm not exactly sure what I've done to get it working again. I spent over an hour removing addons re-adding, re-configuring the entire cinema experience addon and now suddenly it seems to be working again. The last thing I did was to remove the Apple Movie Trailers addon (not the lite one). For some reason this had appeared twice in my enabled addons list!

- Invincer - 2011-04-27

Anyone else with issues on the trivia slides starting? Worked fine till about 2 weeks ago, now it is skipping from trivia intro straight to outro... and the trailers as stated by others not working. I am using the nighties; is there a safe version (the latest functional on cinema experience) I should go back to from about two weeks ago to get it all working again?

- giftie - 2011-04-28

Invincer Wrote:Anyone else with issues on the trivia slides starting? Worked fine till about 2 weeks ago, now it is skipping from trivia intro straight to outro... and the trailers as stated by others not working. I am using the nighties; is there a safe version (the latest functional on cinema experience) I should go back to from about two weeks ago to get it all working again?

Recent changes with XBMC development have broken many scripts... The last version I released has an option to set if you are using a development copy of XBMC... - under Miscellaneous - last setting - Enable Pre-Eden

The last released version is 1.0.46. I'm still trying to sort out the streaming of trailer's issue. I need as many debug logs as possible.