Kodi Community Forum
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: Artwork requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+---- Thread: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs (/showthread.php?tid=87577)

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Kode - 2012-05-16

Help us reach a larger audience.

While the API has had 510,148 unique visitors in the last month, the site itself only received 4,821 unique visitors, most people dont even realise that fanart.tv exists and that is where they are getting their images from,

The more people that know about the site, the more image contributions we will hopefully get so please tell your friends about the site, digg us, tweet about us, if any of you have a blog mention us, stumbleupon us, google +1 us, like our facebook page, email places like lifehacker and suggest they do an article about us, we need all the help we can get to let people know about the site.

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Goldeneyepad - 2012-05-29

Can anyone help, I was wonding if you can get artwork/logos/clearart for comics

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Kode - 2012-05-29

Not from fanart.tv, and I don't know of anywhere else these would be available.

Do you have comics on your media centre? Or was it more of a general query?

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Goldeneyepad - 2012-05-29

its on my media centre, Kode.

Because i know you can get the items for your music/tv shows/films

I thought someone mite know if you could get it for comics

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - jacktyler - 2012-05-30

Comics are a very "niche" thing, and as Kode said, at the moment, we don't host them. If there was sufficient demand and if the skins could accommodate it, I don't think there would be a problem. In the meantime, if you have a request for a specific comic logo, and you can provide reasonable quality image, I would be happy to make one for you. I'm just not sure if there are any skins that could use them yet, but hey, that never stopped me before! Smile

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - jacktyler - 2012-05-30

Fanart.TV is now hosting TV show backgrounds. This is intended to compliment, not compete with theTVDB. There are 2 things that differentiate the 2 sites: we will only accept 1080p images - theTVDB quite rightly accepts both 720p and 1080p images. One is not better than the other (size isn't everything!). The other difference is that images uploaded to Fanart.TV are subject to approval by moderators, before going live. This is to maintain the extremely high quality of the images we host. You may (quite rightly) upload artwork to theTVDB and it will go live immediately - but they are very sharp over there, and if it is poor, or does not meet the rules, it will be removed.
We are happy to accept requests for backgrounds. We are able to take an image with text overlayed and remove it.
We have a committed user-base who like a challenge.
I hope you can take a few minutes to visit the site though, take a look round, and thumb up a few logos or images.
That would give a boost to our artists, and help the community effort to share our efforts, work even better Smile

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Kode - 2012-05-30

Actually I'd say the biggest difference is you can tag show backgrounds to specific seasons, also the only reason I decided to add it initially was because there has been discussion behind the scenes of just having 720p on thetvdb with the new site (whenever that is launched), so it made sense to go with 1080p on fanart.tv and allow season backdrops at the same time.

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Goldeneyepad - 2012-05-31

thank you
i would love a logo for DC comics, Marvel Jacktyler

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - jacktyler - 2012-05-31

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - BadBradc - 2012-05-31

Any plans to allow movie backgrounds in the future?

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Kode - 2012-05-31

If there is enough interest I don't see why not, it would only take about 5 minutes to add it, but it depends if people want me to add it or would rather use tmdb for movie backgrounds

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - BadBradc - 2012-05-31

(2012-05-31, 16:25)Kode Wrote: If there is enough interest I don't see why not, it would only take about 5 minutes to add it, but it depends if people want me to add it or would rather use tmdb for movie backgrounds

I would certainly rather use Fanart.tv and have you do the same thing you're doing for TV Shows - only high quality 1080 backgrounds.

I find some of the ones on TMDB are poor quality, but if there aren't many others who want this then no big deal.

RE: fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs - Kode - 2012-05-31

Well it's more to do with being able to fulfill the commitment as stated at http://fanart.tv/topic/new-image-types/

fanart.tv Wrote:Bear in mind before we add a new section we would like a commitment from interested parties to contribute at least 500 images. So if 10 people are interested in a new type it would only take 50 images from each, and there isn’t a time limit, just people willing to contribute.

So basically if you were prepared to submit 500 images to the movie section, over however long then you don't even need to wait for other people to chime in as well.

fanart.tv Wrote:Bear in mind before we add a new section we would like a commitment from interested parties to contribute at least 500 images. So if 10 people are interested in a new type it would only take 50 images from each, and there isn’t a time limit, just people willing to contribute.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can commit to 500 on my own. My collection is around 100 movies right now. I would certainly be willing to do those 100 and more as my collection grows, however. I have to imagine there are some more people who would contribute though haha With this addition, the only other fanart you would really not support are posters for movies/TV. If you ever implement them, Fanart.tv will be a one stop shop for all things Fan Art!

not a problem Smile