Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Plugin) Music Addon - An alterntive to the Grooveshark Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Plugin) Music Addon - An alterntive to the Grooveshark Script (/showthread.php?tid=88235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

same problem here! - Cool_bombom - 2011-02-20

Hi

I'm getting "you have no playlists or favorites" error too. works fine on groovesharks webpage!

Have you identified the problem??

Denham - it is the same problem with your script, no playlist or favorites. could it be the API that has changed?

cheers
c_bb

- denhams - 2011-02-20

Cool_bombom Wrote:Have you identified the problem??

Denham - it is the same problem with your script, no playlist or favorites. could it be the API that has changed?

Thanks to everyone for reporting this problem and for posting logs. I am still investigating why this might be happening but from the logs it seems the login is failing. Strangely, on my setup it works okay (playlists and favorites). I even deleted the userdata directory to remove all the cached information.

Can anyone tell me if they are a Grooveshark Anywhere (VIP) subscriber? I am. So perhaps the API the addon uses has changed so it doesn't work for non-subscribers. Just an idea.

I might have to switch to the API used by the script version, which will take a while.

Stephen.

- Cool_bombom - 2011-02-20

Hi Denham

im not a subscriber/vip member of grooveshark!!

cheers
C_bb

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-20

I tried to use the shuffle option to get continious play and did not work. Anyone have a fix?

- SupaDawg - 2011-02-21

Grooveshark Anywhere subscriber here. Plugin works great.

- mousebread - 2011-02-21

I am not a VIP member.

- denhams - 2011-02-21

denhams Wrote:So perhaps the API the addon uses has changed so it doesn't work for non-subscribers. Just an idea.

That doesn't seem to be the problem, I tried with a non-subscriber account and it works okay. Theory #2 is some problem with caching. You could try the following to remove any cache but you will also need to re-set your settings (at least set your username/password again):

Code:
rm -rf .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.groove/
rm -rf /tmp/grooveapi/

(For windows users the user data is in:

1. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\plugin.audio.groove
2. Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugin.audio.groove

The temporary directory is %TEMP%\grooveapi, usually c:\tmp\grooveapi or c:\temp\grooveapi or something.)

Please let me know if this helps anyone.

Stephen.

Works! - mousebread - 2011-02-22

Quote:The temporary directory is %TEMP%\grooveapi, usually c:\tmp\grooveapi or c:\temp\grooveapi or something.)

Excellent work! I am not 100% sure if the fix was deleting the temp dir alone since I deleted plugin.audio.groove at the same time before trying the plugin; However, I am almost certain I deleted the AppData once when I was attempting to see if reinstalling the plugin from scratch would fix the issue and it made no difference. I sincerly appreciate all the effort you have put into this project. Thank you!

- snubz - 2011-02-28

Question: is there a way to play a) Grooveshark radio stations, or b) stuff from the My Music library? (and if not, is that something that's coming?)

Really enjoying the plugin so far! Thanks.

- denhams - 2011-02-28

snubz Wrote:Question: is there a way to play a) Grooveshark radio stations, or b) stuff from the My Music library? (and if not, is that something that's coming?)

The short answer to those questions is "no" Smile. The Grooveshark API the addon uses does not support it and is unlikely to change any time soon.

Stephen.

- Jani - 2011-02-28

What are pros and cons of this compared to a script based approach?

- TheDuffMan - 2011-03-11

I think the benefit of this one is that it fits in with the skin better. The script tried to skin the whole screen which I didn't like the look of.

- Restless - 2011-05-14

thanks for this plugin. Works fine on XBOX when you use dvd player in music settings Big Grin

edit: just not so well on wireless though hehe

- maseatx - 2011-05-23

hello
i was wondering if there would be away for me to remove the search options from the first menu of the plugin so that i would have only the popular and my playlist options
thanks

- denhams - 2011-05-23

maseatx Wrote:hello
i was wondering if there would be away for me to remove the search options from the first menu of the plugin so that i would have only the popular and my playlist options
thanks

Find default.py (in .xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.groove), open it and then search for "def categories(self)" (around line 99). You will see some lines starting "self._add_dir". Just remove the entries you don't want.

Stephen.