Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- JoeyJoeJoJo - 2011-06-21

I made an addon that scrapes videos and metadata from a site. I want to display the description, length and cast to the right of the artwork in the infowall (see attached pic), but I'm not sure in which XML file to look in. Could you point me in the right direction?

- Choque - 2011-06-21

uncertainty Wrote:Not sure how to help you till you post a debugging log. I use the lastest Nox 1.3 release and both poster or banners work for me.
As I was at work when I posted this (and still am), I wasn't able to provide a debug log. It just came to my mind and it could have been a bug, that's why I asked first.

I'm using the last stable release (1.3.0) too btw.

- BigNoid - 2011-06-21

dascmo Wrote:Just wanted to give another shout out to say thank you to Big_Noid for such an amazing skin. Big Grin

I love keeping an eye on this thread as it always seems to stay so positive and productive. Not like some of the other threads I see that get washed out with complaints and "you need to do this" or "why did you do that" remarks. To me this is the sign of a truly dedicated following and extremely skilled coder.

Thanks should go out to everyone that contributes whether they are submitting bug reports, constructive criticism or features requests. Everyone in this thread has helped shape Aeon Nox into what it is today but the biggest congrats goes out to Big_Noid for remaining so dedicated to this project, always on top of bugs and continuously adding new features as well as finding time to answer what seems like everybody's questions and posts.

Thanks again Big_Noid your work is highly appreciated. Big Grin
Thx for the support Smile
Hack_kid Wrote:ok where is the link to it i cant seem to find it. and also hw come on the music visulation screen (when music is playing) the now playing banner (see through one) there is no Pause indicator when you puase the song. kinda annoying i was thinking change the track numbers to a blinking pause symbol or something
All download links are on the first post.
Might be a good idea to have a pause symbol, I'll look into it.
JoeyJoeJoJo Wrote:I made an addon that scrapes videos and metadata from a site. I want to display the description, length and cast to the right of the artwork in the infowall (see attached pic), but I'm not sure in which XML file to look in. Could you point me in the right direction?
The one you want is Viewtype_Infowall.xml. Note that if you set your addon to show movie content it will automatically show the stuff you want.
Choque Wrote:As I was at work when I posted this (and still am), I wasn't able to provide a debug log. It just came to my mind and it could have been a bug, that's why I asked first.

I'm using the last stable release (1.3.0) too btw.
Works fine here also. A debug log will indeed tell you what's wrong.

Thanks (and the standard 'oh, a feature request) - ReducedToZero - 2011-06-21

Hi 'Noid, registered to say thank you for the level of effort you're putting in to this implementation of Aeon.

One of the things I liked about the original Aeon design work by djh was his attention to detail and focus on getting it visually right. You're carrying that tradition on as well as improving usability, so thank you on behalf of the silent non posting masses. Your work (and that of all the XBMC Devs, Scripters and Skinners) is appreciated.

... and a couple of feature requests (also traditional it seems Wink):

Is it possible to split the TV Show level and Episode level views? At the moment, as they're linked I can't have the Infopanel visible on the Episode level (where it's very useful with Landscape view) and not visible on the TV Show level (Where I feel it adds visual clutter to Showcase view).

Second request, is it possible to have the Episode thumbnail as an option for the Episode level Infopanel large picture? i.e. as an alternative to the Fanart.

Last request, at the beginning of this thread (post 209) it was mentioned that when playing a trailer 'makeplaylist.dll' appears as the playing item. It's a minor niggle but it pulls the viewer out of the immersive media experience using Aeon can be.

Thanks again for the amount of time you've put into keeping Aeon going Smile

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.3
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- Choque - 2011-06-21

Can't find anything suspicious in here

- BigNoid - 2011-06-21

Choque Wrote:Can't find anything suspicious in here http://pastebin.com/MCczdRnh

It's not a debug log. Turn on debug in system settings, it should give much more info.

- Choque - 2011-06-21

Code:
17:16:35 T:2980617072 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Vampire Diaries, The/logo.png
17:16:35 T:2980617072 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/One Piece/logo.png
17:16:35 T:2989009776 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Dexter/logo.png
17:16:35 T:2872044400 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Deadliest Warrior/logo.png

- BigNoid - 2011-06-21

Choque Wrote:Sorry, my bad. Here's the real one
€dit: Made another one and this one actually contains errors
Code:
17:16:35 T:2980617072 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Vampire Diaries, The/logo.png
17:16:35 T:2980617072 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/One Piece/logo.png
17:16:35 T:2989009776 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Dexter/logo.png
17:16:35 T:2872044400 M:3265736704   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Deadliest Warrior/logo.png

You sure that path is correct and the file exists?

- Choque - 2011-06-21

There are no logo.pngs in my TV Shows folders. For example for "Vampire Diaries, The" I have the following pictures

Code:
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
season01.tbn
season02.tbn
season-all.tbn
season-specials.tbn

That's all EMM-R (Ember Media Manager Revisited) created.

I also tried using the logo downloader already but it download's 0 files

- infinus - 2011-06-21

I ended up solving my problem I had earlier with the dependencies not met error, I needed to put:

script.logo-downloader
script.favorites
script.randomitems
script.tv.show.next.aired

into the

/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/

folder on the ATV2, previously i was placing them in

/private/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons/ folder which was incorrect

Thanks to everyone for their help!

- drivesoslow - 2011-06-21

I'm running a git build of XBMC that has the new dirty regions feature in it, and when enabled nox has some minor graphics issues.

This thread discusses these issues a bit in general but also points out that dirty regions will become standard at some point and now is a good time for skinners to test their skins with it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103904

- Choque - 2011-06-21

Here's the pastebin log from what happens when I select "Download Logo" for a TV Show in the information menu of the show http://pastebin.com/kQ5T7q7j

- BigNoid - 2011-06-21

Choque Wrote:Here's the pastebin log from what happens when I select "Download Logo" for a TV Show in the information menu of the show
This is where it goes wrong:
Code:
NOTICE: problem with path: smb://TOWER/TV Shows/Afro Samurai/
I can't help you with that though, it's better looked at by the author of the script.

- BigNoid - 2011-06-21

drivesoslow Wrote:I'm running a git build of XBMC that has the new dirty regions feature in it, and when enabled nox has some minor graphics issues.

This thread discusses these issues a bit in general but also points out that dirty regions will become standard at some point and now is a good time for skinners to test their skins with it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103904

I'm just now testing it and the first thing I notice is that labels don't scroll anymore.

- Mindzai - 2011-06-21

ReducedToZero Wrote:Is it possible to split the TV Show level and Episode level views? At the moment, as they're linked I can't have the Infopanel visible on the Episode level (where it's very useful with Landscape view) and not visible on the TV Show level (Where I feel it adds visual clutter to Showcase view).

Seconded. I've been meaning to ask this for ages.