Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-06-29

Hack_kid Wrote:hey big noid found another bug. in music libary if you hit info on a song to bring up song information since you changed this new dialog you cant press up or down to change the Start rating. only way i could chnage it was play the song and go to full screen visuals and hit up down there, very annoying

Yeah, I forgot about that one. Fixed now.

- Hack_kid - 2011-06-29

On the submenu of weather there is an option widget which seems to turn of the one by the clock and leave the big one but after reboot both are gone is this a bug? Also sidenote where do cdattz go and filename conveention

- BigNoid - 2011-06-29

Hack_kid Wrote:On the submenu of weather there is an option widget which seems to turn of the one by the clock and leave the big one but after reboot both are gone is this a bug? Also sidenote where do cdattz go and filename conveention

Both are on/off with the same setting. The big widget however only gets evaluated upon opening the home window. I didn't put a reload skin there because the the focus will go to movies. What's better, a reload and focus to movies but the change is imidiate, or how it is now?

- Mindzai - 2011-06-29

Big_Noid Wrote:Both are on/off with the same setting. The big widget however only gets evaluated upon opening the home window. I didn't put a reload skin there because the the focus will go to movies. What's better, a reload and focus to movies but the change is imidiate, or how it is now?

I would say a reload would be best. You can at least visually see what's happened that way rather than the setting apparently having no effect.

- st graveyard - 2011-06-29

Hello Big_Noid,

I have 2 more suggestion. Apart from the centering of the fan art, would it be possible to remove the border around the thumbs in showcase and showcase2 mode? Don't know if this is doable, but it would look a lot better when using 3D boxes like in this shot :

Also, like in the movie section, could it be possible to remove the fanart from the background?

Just some suggestions, loving the NOX skin, as always ;-)

- Choque - 2011-06-29

Hey Big_Noid, got a quick question. Is it possible for me to change something in one of the files to get this view

instead of this one

when pressing the pause button?

- Mindzai - 2011-06-29

Choque Wrote:Hey Big_Noid, got a quick question. Is it possible for me to change something in one of the files to get this view

instead of this one

It's an option in the skin settings.

- fional - 2011-06-29

Mindzai Wrote:It's an option in the skin settings.

I think it's Skin Settings/General/"Show Video Info When Player is Paused"

What does "Show Time Panel" do?

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-06-29

is there a setting somewhere to get the new info-list? Have just downloaded a zip from github but still getting the old view (ie. no next aired info etc.)

- BigNoid - 2011-06-29

Mindzai Wrote:I would say a reload would be best. You can at least visually see what's happened that way rather than the setting apparently having no effect.
Yeah I guess you're right. Changed it to that, thx for reply.
st graveyard Wrote:Hello Big_Noid,

I have 2 more suggestion. Apart from the centering of the fan art, would it be possible to remove the border around the thumbs in showcase and showcase2 mode? Don't know if this is doable, but it would look a lot better when using 3D boxes like in this shot :

Also, like in the movie section, could it be possible to remove the fanart from the background?

Just some suggestions, loving the NOX skin, as always ;-)
I'm looking at advanced launcherlayout now. probably not so easy to hide this, but I'll have a look.
About the fanart you asked earlier, the fanart expects 16:9 resolutions. It scales if it's not 16:9 thus explaining cutting off certain parts. That will look better than squashed or stretched images. There is not much I can do about it. I would suggest making the fanart in a widescreen aspect ratio.
Choque Wrote:Hey Big_Noid, got a quick question. Is it possible for me to change something in one of the files to get this view

instead of this one

Delete everything in DialogSeekBar.xml and then paste this in http://pastebin.com/D8hXbKZs (backup first).
Does that work and look alright? The mentioned option must be turned on.
fional Wrote:What does "Show Time Panel" do?
It shows the timepanel in the top right throughout the skin Wink

- BigNoid - 2011-06-29

Cyberkid2002 Wrote:is there a setting somewhere to get the new info-list? Have just downloaded a zip from github but still getting the old view (ie. no next aired info etc.)

No options, should be default. Only in tv shows section though, not episodes.

- Mindzai - 2011-06-29

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah I guess you're right. Changed it to that, thx for reply.

Perhaps a notification message or even a 'refresh now?' yes/no dialog would be useful too just to avoid all confusion?

- fional - 2011-06-30

I must be blind - but four questions and 2 possible bugs:

First, How do you enable clearart/clearlogo? Or maybe it's just always enabled?

Secondly, where is this stuff stored and cached? I ask because, for instance, Top Cat, the clear logo that downloaded wasn't transparent. But I can't figure out how to remove it, because it's quite ugly.

Now I searched around and it suggested there was a cleararts folder under media in the skin, but I don't see that...so perhaps it is no longer stored there? Or has the naming scheme changed? I think I did see some new files in my tv show directory, but I can't recall what was put by EMM and what may of just appeared. I know there's a local file, but removing that doesn't make it disappear in XBMC.

Third, is it possible to view the cd-art in low-list, much like how you can in list?

Fourth, and this may be a bit unrelated to Nox, but maybe someone knows - in the userdata directory there is a thumbnail folder - mine is quite large, about 1.5 gig. Is this a cache or is it important? I mean, would occasionally pruning this be pointful at all, or not whatsoever? I ask, because I have an SSD and it seems that every time I boot, my free space is smaller and smaller. Just looking for excesses I can trim! Thanks!

--
When you have a TV-Show selected, hit "I", then navigate to "Get Logo" and select "fanart"...when it downloads, it doesn't actually say download complete like it does with the logo. It just sort of hangs there until you hit escape.

Also, when you have "Show movie info while paused" enabled...the plot doesn't seem to scroll right, at least for me, and the 2 lines that are shown, 1 is about half off the screen. This is inconsistent, however, as with ER it does not do this. With ER it is one line of txt on the bottom and scrolls beautifully. With 7th heaven, it is 1.5 lines..and looks a bit weird reading 2 lines of scrolling txt. It also does not happen with every episode, just the random one (but consistently each time.) Not that big a deal, but worth a mention maybe.

- svenh - 2011-06-30

Hi guys,

I have a weird problem where if I go into the BigFan view in the TV Shows section I do not get the poster/thumb displayed at the bottom.

I get the default "no artwork" Aeon logo, and cannot seem to make that go away no matter what I try. I went as far as deleting my userdata/thumbnails folder and going to my share and deleting all the jpgs/pngs that the downloader had put in there but I still cannot get the artwork to show up.

The odd thing is, BigFan under Movies works fine, but not for TV Shows.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

- Banditt - 2011-06-30

fional Wrote:I must be blind - but four things:
Fourth, and this may be a bit unrelated to Nox, but maybe someone knows - in the userdata directory there is a thumbnail folder - mine is quite large, about 1.5 gig. Is this a cache or is it important? I mean, would occasionally pruning this be pointful at all, or not whatsoever? I ask, because I have an SSD and it seems that every time I boot, my free space is smaller and smaller. Just looking for excesses I can trim! Thanks!

I only know this one - it hold all of the thumbnails, some you may no longer need. If you want to clean it out there is a "supplemental tool" that someone created. I have been too scared to run it myself... Blush
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96097