Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-08

Hi,

was the button in 0.5 already there or only in svn rls ? I think general settings is the better place.

Could you make an other show for tv banners ? Without text ? Only 8 or 10 banners on one site ?

What are your roadmap for new features or fixes ?

Greets

Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-08

Eisi2005 Wrote:Hi,

was the button in 0.5 already there or only in svn rls ? I think general settings is the better place.

Could you make an other show for tv banners ? Without text ? Only 8 or 10 banners on one site ?

What are your roadmap for new features or fixes ?

Greets

Eisi
Only in svn. My current goal is to release next version (0.6), then try to squash all bugs , see if I can get the skin ready for other languages and release a 1.0 version. So no more new features after next release.
I was thinking about adding banner support to the wall view, but I won't make any new views for banners.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-08

@Big_Noid

i think i have found a bug. When under settings->skin->home window "hide Movies" enabled is, then i could from the home screen when i´m on the button video press the up key and the skin shows me the last 6 movies added. Nice feature. When i press the down menu it comes the submenu, All fine.

When i enable the movie in settings - skin - home window and i go to Movies and press the up key only the complete bar goes complete down. I must press once down to see the submenu and a second down fpr the last 6 added movies. Could you make it so that when press up @ movies shows the last 6 added movies and press down shows the submenu ?

Greets
Eisi

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-08

Hi,

i have found some other things that you could look for Smile

1. under TV Series after selecting the serie the thin panel have no function

2. when i select tv season the lower list does not work, i love the lower lsit view for series

3. when extra thumb is enabled i found the info panel better then the info panel with extra thumb disabled. Any chance that you build 2-3 layouts for the infopanel ?

4. Could you add a timer function for the info panel in showcase mode? disable then the panel comes with upper key or 1-5 seconds then panel comes after the selected time.

Otherwise i love the new functions that you build in with the svn version like: custom homemenu, source flag instead of codec and the other nice fixes.

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-08

Eisi2005 Wrote:i think i have found a bug. When under settings->skin->home window "hide Movies" enabled is, then i could from the home screen when i´m on the button video press the up key and the skin shows me the last 6 movies added. Nice feature. When i press the down menu it comes the submenu, All fine.
When i enable the movie in settings - skin - home window and i go to Movies and press the up key only the complete bar goes complete down. I must press once down to see the submenu and a second down fpr the last 6 added movies. Could you make it so that when press up @ movies shows the last 6 added movies and press down shows the submenu ?
This is not a bug, it's a feature. The point of that function is so you can lower menu occasionally if you want to, but to have it in the middle as basis. You can lock the menu in position with the options in skin settings and then the navigation is the way you want, down for recently added in normal mode and up in lower mode.
Eisi2005 Wrote:1. under TV Series after selecting the serie the thin panel have no function
2. when i select tv season the lower list does not work, i love the lower lsit view for series
3. when extra thumb is enabled i found the info panel better then the info panel with extra thumb disabled. Any chance that you build 2-3 layouts for the infopanel ?
4. Could you add a timer function for the info panel in showcase mode? disable then the panel comes with upper key or 1-5 seconds then panel comes after the selected time.
1+2:I can't confirm these bugs, I can choose low list just fine in season view and thin panel works in all views for me.
3: I have now 2 layouts, fanart and extrathumbs. You can't have the layout of extrathumbs panel with fanart, there is simply no room. The posterview I don't like for showcase, because you already see the posters in the list.
4: Yeah, I can add that. Only have to check where to put that option.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-08

@Big_Noid

ok i will reinstall xbmc and your skin to check if 1. and 2. is working for me
3. it´s an argument from you with with the posterview
4. THX have a look at aeon mq2 there is a timer for showcase

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-08

Eisi2005 Wrote:4. THX have a look at aeon mq2 there is a timer for showcase
I mean, I don't know where to put the option, the media menu is full in showcase views Wink

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-08

Ah ok i undestand the problem. Could you move extra info to a submenu. Switch Extra Info to more Options and then make a submenu ?

Could you tell me in which xml i could disable the aspect ratio icon in showcase view ? I´dont need these unimportant info for me.

Could you enter an option setting to disable individual submenus from movies ?

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-08

Eisi2005 Wrote:Ah ok i undestand the problem. Could you move extra info to a submenu. Switch Extra Info to more Options and then make a submenu ?

Could you tell me in which xml i could disable the aspect ratio icon in showcase view ? I´dont need these unimportant info for me.

Could you enter an option setting to disable individual submenus from movies ?

Greets
Eisi
I made it an option in the Viewtype options.
The aspectratio icon is in the Includes_Showcase.xml, in the FLoorFlags include.
It would require way to much options to hide submenu items. This is something easily done yourself: in Home.xml find wraplist with id=9010 and there delete/comment the items you don't need. Remember to backup your edited xml, because they will be overwritten when I push an update.

New version - BigNoid - 2011-02-09

I uploaded version 0.6. Thx again for all comments and bug reports. Thx danofun for the not rated flags and ubuntuf4n for providing the info on kioskmode.
Here is the changelog:
- Added: It is now possible to add 3 video playlists to the Home menu.
- Added: Kiosk and Alternative Kiosk Mode - thx Ubuntuf4n
- Added: Extrathumbs support in Showcase views.
- Added: Not Rated flag throughout skin - thx Danofun
- Added: Source flags instead of codec flags option (fallback to codec).
- Added: Time-out for Auto Hide Infopanel is now adjustable (set in Viewtype options).
- Rearranged Skin Settings.
- Shutdown warning is now optional.
- Switched to transparent icons.
- Switched to Aeon's scrollbar in List view.
- Fixed: Scrollbar navigation in Wall view.
- Several fixes.
And probably some more things...

I won't add new features until I release a 1.0 version (which will be the release after this one).
I will concentrate on finding bugs and the improvement of existing functionality and I plan to take good time for it Smile

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-02-09

Nice improvements!

little bugs (in 0.6) :
*list view isn't showing covers (fanart is working).
*TVshows-View is always in Kiosk-Mode.

Cheers

- BigNoid - 2011-02-09

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Nice improvements!

little bugs (in 0.6) :
*list view isn't showing covers (fanart is working).
*TVshows-View is always in Kiosk-Mode.

Cheers
Please check your install. These are bugs which were in svn, but are not in 0.6. I just checked.

- g1i7ch - 2011-02-09

Could some one upload 0.3 or point me to it. I had AutoUpdate on and it erased mine.
This was my favorite version up to date...I have major issues with all others (4-6).
I checked the repo for 0.3 but it only lists 0.5 and 0.6 Sad

Love this skin, keep up the great work.

- krade - 2011-02-09

This is now my primary skin for my theater. Great work. This is nitpicky but when playing a trailer on the showcase view - just above the trailer, "makeplaylist.dll" is displaying next to what looks like a scale for the trailer length. This is not a big deal but I thought it might be a bug?
Thanks.

- muzzakus - 2011-02-09

Amazing progress. Thanks mate!

4 niggly things remaing for my selfish self that I would love to see :

a) A less intensive Wall View for puny atom CPU's. The whole skins is so smooth, wall view performance is noticibly less optimal, even with large icons.

b) A more useful view suitable for Youtube, i.e. Thumbnail, description, rating etc. per line, e.g. like Apple TV.

c) More optimsed use of screen realestate for lists and other elements, bring them closer to the edges of the screen, overscan is not a problem with XBMC calibration.

d) In showcase, pushing up will result in the Options Dialog popping up if there is no trailer, or for playing the trailer if there is one. Small navigation incosistency that only stands out due to the perfection of all that surrounds.