Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- fional - 2011-07-26

Tompie Wrote:First of all … damn fine skin, thanks for the hard work.

I'm running in a bit of a problem here with the following. I'm having Movies & TV Shows activated and this is working quite well. Now there's another source I'd like to add with home recorded stuff. This last stream should be shown in "file" mode as these items are unrecognizable for the scraper so library mode is no good here.
I can add this source to my favorites, and it works fine if I enter through there. However, if I put it as an item on the home screen, or as a submenu of an existing item, or as the default action of the "Video" menu, XBMC will enter and an empty screen is shown (presumably cause it enters in library mode).
Is it possible to force a shortcut to be in file mode ?

Thanks !

Running Nightly version 24/07/2011

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but for your home-recorded stuff you could create your own .nfo files and then it be recognised in library mode.

- Ferra82 - 2011-07-26

1. Where can I deactivate the videos button and activate the movies and tv-shows button?
2. Is it possible to change the fan-art, so it keeps rotating between 3 pictures for example?
3. The trailer option is working very bad... a lot of buffering. Is there something to do about this?

- fional - 2011-07-26

Ferra82 Wrote:1. Where can I deactivate the videos button and activate the movies and tv-shows button?
2. Is it possible to change the fan-art, so it keeps rotating between 3 pictures for example?
3. The trailer option is working very bad... a lot of buffering. Is there something to do about this?

1. You can deactivate the Video button in the skin settings.
Settings-Skin-Home Window - you can "hide" video.

As far as activating movies and tv-shows - that will happen the moment you add a source for them...so don't hide the video screen until you add a source.

That's assuming you're using Dharma. I think the next edition is removing that limitation where it isn't necessary to add a tv/movie source.

2. Yes. Again. Settings-Skin-Background- Then select multi-images and direct it to your fan-art path.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by trailers. Apple trailers? Or trailers associated with your own movies?

If it's like the Apple Trailers, I'm not sure - as it works grand for me.

If it's trailers associated with your own movies, well you can download them locally and they should play great. There's a tool on here, BR-Trailers, I believe...it will auto-grab them.

- Martijn - 2011-07-26

You can set the trailer add-on to download instead of streaming.
It takes a while to load however after that they will play smooth

- Ferra82 - 2011-07-27

fional Wrote:1. You can deactivate the Video button in the skin settings.
Settings-Skin-Home Window - you can "hide" video.

As far as activating movies and tv-shows - that will happen the moment you add a source for them...so don't hide the video screen until you add a source.

That's assuming you're using Dharma. I think the next edition is removing that limitation where it isn't necessary to add a tv/movie source.

2. Yes. Again. Settings-Skin-Background- Then select multi-images and direct it to your fan-art path.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by trailers. Apple trailers? Or trailers associated with your own movies?

If it's like the Apple Trailers, I'm not sure - as it works grand for me.

If it's trailers associated with your own movies, well you can download them locally and they should play great. There's a tool on here, BR-Trailers, I believe...it will auto-grab them.

Thanks for your reaction.

2. But I have to download the fan-art myself? Isn't there a scrapper which donwload multiple fan-art images?
3. I use the standard yahoo trailer add-on. Is there a better add-on for trailers?

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

Ferra82 Wrote:Thanks for your reaction.

2. But I have to download the fan-art myself? Isn't there a scrapper which donwload multiple fan-art images?
3. I use the standard yahoo trailer add-on. Is there a better add-on for trailers?

Go to the movie scraper and check use fanart. Then you can point the backgrounds folder to your "user folder/thumbnails/movies/fanart/"
This is where all the fanart for movie and tv series are stored.
There are some seperate programs like Ember Media Manager that can scrape all that you want.

You can use the Apple Lite or Youtube trailer add-on

- CoinTos - 2011-07-27

Big_Noid, first off, this skin is great and I would like to thank you for your continued development of it.

Second, I have a small problem, I can't seem to get low list to work with Season list in TV shows. Every time, I try to change it to low list it reverts to list on the selection. I have tried both stable and svn, both do it. Basically, my end goal is List (show) --> Low List (Season) --> Low list (episode)

Finally, this is a small request for a tv show view layout, that is a modified List view. Take the List cut the top so it's 4 high, expand the black box on the list to enclose the banner which is on top with the show description below.

The above request is because I like the List view as I can read the shows titles from a distance, but I like to have some more of my fanart shown. Also, the banner in list view feels out of place on the bottom right so with the banner at the top and description below, which makes it feel more functional. Thanks.

- Ferra82 - 2011-07-27

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:2.
Go to the movie scraper and check use fanart. Then you can point the backgrounds folder to your "user folder/thumbnails/movies/fanart/"
This is where all the fanart for movie and tv series are stored.
There are some seperate programs like Ember Media Manager that can scrape all that you want.

You can use the Apple Lite or Youtube trailer add-on

where can I find these trailers add-ons?

does also anyone knows where I can find the original aeon nox videos background?

- Martijn - 2011-07-27

Ferra82 Wrote:where can I find these trailers add-ons?

does also anyone knows where I can find the original aeon nox videos background?

setting/add-ons. Here you can choose to install them from the xbmc-repository. There under video add-ons.
Or download "google.xbmc.addons" zip file and install this. Startup again and again go to addons. Under the google.xbmc you'll find the Apple Trailer add-on

Go to background setting and set them to standard. Or if you want the file search your folder userdata/add-ons/skin.eaonnox

- fional - 2011-07-27

Mindzai Wrote:It isn't in the context menu. I mapped a remote button to clear the playlist, but I'm going to patch XBMC to provide a context menu option to clear too.

Can you share with me how you mapped that to a remote button, because that would be complete class? I have kiosk mode on (which saves me loads of frustraton!), so going to the media menu isn't as convenient.

Or even setting it as a context menu would be even better - is that difficult to do?

- Yappa - 2011-07-27

Sorry, but how come that I don't see the movie I am playing in the background when being in the settings menus? Is that supposed to be like that? I only see a static image with gear wheels.
Is there a setting to activate background video?

- Martijn - 2011-07-28

boingman Wrote:Sorry, but how come that I don't see the movie I am playing in the background when being in the settings menus? Is that supposed to be like that? I only see a static image with gear wheels.
Is there a setting to activate background video?

I think that is supposed to be like that. But why do you want to see the video while your in the settings window? I don't see the point in that.
I would hate that.

- Yappa - 2011-07-28

Because that way I can somehow keep an eye on the video. I am used to it.
For that reason alone I used the PM3 skin for a long time, since you always have a small window with the video playing somewhere, no matter which submenu you're browsing.
There are so many skins which somehow have the video playing either in the background or as a small window in many of the settings menus, so I thought that maybe I simply made something wrong.
This skin has so many different customization settings, so it would be great if there were also an option for that.

- Shinu - 2011-07-28

A couple more minor issues...

- there's not text for the "Download Theme" option in the tv show info window...

- this is a very minor grip, but can u put a permanent default flow effect behind the window in the "fanart infoview"? it's just that whenever u move between movies (or tv shows), the blow effect flickers, as if changing or reloading each time u scroll.

- PantsOnFire - 2011-07-28

Does the Last.FM fanart slideshow (in fullscreen music) work as a built-in feature of this skin? or is it a feature neccessary by the xbmc build you're running?

Is this feature in the stable build (downloaded using addons repo from within xbmc), or just in SVN still?

I tried to get this working before by editing some xml files, but couldn't get anywhere. Is it an easy-to-use, supported feature yet basically.

regards.