Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-09

@Big_Noid

nice release !! Very good work !!

How is the best method to update from 0.5 svn rls to 0.6 ? Delete the complete skin folder under addon and extract the new 0.6 there ? Or could i make a new svn update and i become the complete new files ?

Must the guisettings.xml deleted ?

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-09

There is a really annoying bug in 0.6 with the source and codec flags. If put the fix in the 0.6 zip, so if you upgrade after this message you should be fine. If you already upgraded, you can delete the zip in the package folder and reinstall or drop this file in your 720p folder:
Includes_Showcase.xml

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-09

@Big_Noid

thx for the information.

I mean it general. Is it better to delete the 0.5 svn R225 complete ? Or could i make an svn update and have alle the fixes ?

Greets
Eisi

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-09

@all

must the trailer file in the movie dir or is it enough to put the url in the nfo file ?

Greets
Eisi

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-10

@all German user

in this skin are only us mpaa logos. Here are the german logos.

http://rapidshare.com/files/447186208/rating.zip

put these files to

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\media\flags\rating

then put these text in your Includes_Showcase.xml

<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>60</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime2</fadetime>
<colordiffuse>floor</colordiffuse>
<texture>flags/rating/FSK-0.png</texture>
<visible>SubString(ListItem.mpaa,o.Al.) | SubString(ListItem.mpaa,USA:NC-17) | SubString(ListItem.mpaa,Rated NC-17)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>60</height>
<texture>flags/rating/FSK-6.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,6)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>60</height>
<texture>flags/rating/FSK-12.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,12)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>60</height>
<texture>flags/rating/FSK-16.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,16)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>60</height>
<texture>flags/rating/FSK-18.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,18)</visible>
</control>

Now you have German FSK logos in your showcase view

Maybe big_noid could put these code and the files in his next release.

Greets
Eisi

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-02-10

Big_Noid Wrote:Please check your install. These are bugs which were in svn, but are not in 0.6. I just checked.

Okay, checked it again. Covers are showing Smile

- PantsOnFire - 2011-02-10

I have abit of a problem with my Nox setup. When Im in tvshows, I switched the viewtype to 'banner'? (I think), and it's nice, but it will no longer let me switch to a different viewtype. Is it a bug?

I think there's somewhere in guisettings.xml where I can edit the viewtypes, does anyone know where?
thx

- BigNoid - 2011-02-10

PantsOnFire Wrote:I have abit of a problem with my Nox setup. When Im in tvshows, I switched the viewtype to 'banner'? (I think), and it's nice, but it will no longer let me switch to a different viewtype. Is it a bug?

I think there's somewhere in guisettings.xml where I can edit the viewtypes, does anyone know where?
thx

Thats a bug. I don't use banners so thats why I didn't notice this. To fix find in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml scrollbar with id=62 and change
Code:
<onleft>SetFocus(7000)</onleft>
to
Code:
<onleft>SetFocus(9000)</onleft>
also in wraplist with id=508
Code:
<onright>508</onright>
to
Code:
<onright>SetFocus(9000)</onright>

Or a more user friendly way:
Turn on the option Use Poster instead of Banner.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-10

Eisi2005 Wrote:@all German user
Maybe big_noid could put these code and the files in his next release.
Yeah I can include these, thx.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-10

@Big_Noid

could you add in version 1.1 Smile a Wall view with 14 covers and without popup ?

And could you tell me where i could change that in the 0.6 ? Or is it too much code ?

Greets
Eisi

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-10

@Big_Noid

could you make an Infopanel for Sets ? At the moment all fields like director , year and so on are all clear. Maybe you could make an simple field where only stand the titels of the Set.

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-10

muzzakus Wrote:Amazing progress. Thanks mate!

4 niggly things remaing for my selfish self that I would love to see :

a) A less intensive Wall View for puny atom CPU's. The whole skins is so smooth, wall view performance is noticibly less optimal, even with large icons.

b) A more useful view suitable for Youtube, i.e. Thumbnail, description, rating etc. per line, e.g. like Apple TV.

c) More optimsed use of screen realestate for lists and other elements, bring them closer to the edges of the screen, overscan is not a problem with XBMC calibration.

d) In showcase, pushing up will result in the Options Dialog popping up if there is no trailer, or for playing the trailer if there is one. Small navigation incosistency that only stands out due to the perfection of all that surrounds.
- I don't know if I can change the wall view to be less intensive. All textures are already loaded in background. I think all skins suffer from wall view.
- The showcase view with infopanel shows some info on youtube page I think. I don't really use the video addons a lot, so it hasn't been given the proper attention by me.
- I've tried that, but it ends up looking not good imo.
- I don't think I understand this one, what should the navigation be like?

- BigNoid - 2011-02-10

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

could you make an Infopanel for Sets ? At the moment all fields like director , year and so on are all clear. Maybe you could make an simple field where only stand the titels of the Set.

Greets
Eisi

I could if there was a visibility condition for sets, which, to my knowledge, doesn't exists.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-10

@Big_Noid

i donĀ“t know if it help, but look at back row skin. My Set is named Die Bourne Trilogie. Your skin shows me as name Die Bourne Trilogie. The Back Row Skin shows me as name Movie Set. so the skin must realize that it is a movie set.

Greets
Eisi

- PantsOnFire - 2011-02-11

thanks BigNoid, for the xml tips regarding the viewtype problem I was having.
Have learnt a wee bit more about that xml thanks to the hints. cheers.

Just tidying up my setup a bit, is is possible to remove scrollbars entirely from the experience? I didn't know if this could be done by removing code and/or the relevant graphics. Basically Im v.happy with my scrollspeed now I have gpu-accel art, and I have pageup and down for those duties. It just helps avoid confusion if a newby is using the setup and spacks the down arrow by mistake; they dont always realise theyve now selected the scrollbar.

As a broader point, I was about to suggest maybe scrollbars are redundant these days but then now xbmc is on idevices, they need something to scroll the screen by a touch,grab,scroll.

Still, for me I've no need, can I get rid of them?

thanks for any help.

ps- in landscape/showcase mode, if you continue pressing down, its possible to clear the entire screen, whats the point in this?