Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Martijn - 2011-07-31

LiLChris Wrote:Just tried the latest one but now I am stuck on white theme, it doesn't let me change it in Appearance.

I still have 3 theme options

Quote:Yea I tried that, went up as far as I can but not showing that option.
I can still do it in pictures that method and add sources perfectly fine.
Just tried it (in this order of going trough the menu)
And there's the files option.

- Martijn - 2011-07-31

Big_Noid Wrote:I can add it no problem, but if you don't have all banners it won't look good.
Yes but that's the same problem with series. Just have some fallback image and some text. What should be the image name/location?
Quote:The submenu can't be changed easily. I would have to edit the background image to make it larger. I don't want less then 5 entries for submenu.
Ahh that's why. I tried to play with the settings but couldn't get it wright.

playlist shows on top featured album

- LiLChris - 2011-07-31

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah the themes you will have to download manually and put it in media folder. As soon as it's on the official repo for eden that will go automatically again.

White: http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/files/White.xbt
neon65: http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/files/Neon65.xbt

Then you can switch again.

Oh for the video, try the submenu entry ROOT of videos then FILES and there you can add sources

Yup, the themes work now thanks! Smile

Yea I tried Videos - Submenu - Root and Videos - Submenu - Files I still get to the same place which doesn't let me add anything.
It's not a big concern for me since everything is added but a few videos I cant access now since I did it by File Mode before.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Just tried it (in this order of going trough the menu)
*snip*
And there's the files option.

Not working, and your images are tiny! :p

I assume I need Eden, since I can switch to Confluence theme and access the non library files.

- Martijn - 2011-07-31

LiLChris Wrote:Yup, the themes work now thanks! Smile

Yea I tried Videos - Submenu - Root and Videos - Submenu - Files I still get to the same place which doesn't let me add anything.
It's not a big concern for me since everything is added but a few videos I cant access now since I did it by File Mode before.

Sorry about that. Had wrong upload setting. It should say "add videos" or press "C" and you also get the option "add source". When you get to files it should look something like this..

- EoDTris - 2011-07-31

Rygrath Wrote:Try refreshing a season. IE go into the Simpsons.. Press I on Season 1.. hit Refresh.. say no to "Refresh all episodes", say no when it asks "Ignore local info and pull from web" and it should repull the information from the hard drive.

XBMC likes to cache image files.. so when you change a season poster, you have to tell XBMC to update it's image cache with the new image. As after XBMC caches the image, it'll just use that cache file, instead of having to pull it from the show folder every time, which slows down navigation.

If that works you can probably just refresh from the Show level instead of season. Or empty the library and have XBMC scan them in again. There might be a easier way to do it, that I can't seem to remember right now, depending on how many shows you'd have to do.

On a side note. That Poster/Banner option is named that way because originally people using Aeon used banners as their default Poster (wide) image. So, a few views were built around that idea. That option is basically saying that you are using Poster based (tall) images and any banners sized images you have will be called banner.jpg as a side entre.

Sorry for the late reply, I had to head off to work (I work night security).

Now im here, ive tried exactly what you said and it worked a treat. both seasons refreshed their Poster from the .tbn file. Although the "All Seasons" Image is still the auto downloaded one. I can see it as a local thumbnail in the "Get Thumb" bit when I press "I" and then set it, but once exiting that panel it reverts to the Auto downloaded one.

I assume the All Seasons image is correctly named as "season-all.tbn" or does it need to be "The Simpsons-all.tbn" or "seasons-all.tbn". This is not a massive issue atall, just weird.

But thaks very much for your help, I very much appreciate it. Big Grin

Cheers

EoD

- ady199 - 2011-07-31

ady199 Wrote:I've now managed to get to the Media menu but when I select Audio Visualization - it shows:-

iTunes Visualizations
OpenGL Spectrum
projectM
waveform

I've tried selecting all of them but I'm unable to see the Visualization

Any ideas??

I'm running the latest nightly build on ATV 2 (I had to change the default music player to use the video player due to the 1 second bug)

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

- BigNoid - 2011-07-31

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Yes but that's the same problem with series. Just have some fallback image and some text. What should be the image name/location?

Ahh that's why. I tried to play with the settings but couldn't get it wright.

playlist shows on top featured album
I don't have to change the background image. i will make it a bit wider the submenu and labels.
LiLChris Wrote:Yup, the themes work now thanks! Smile

I assume I need Eden, since I can switch to Confluence theme and access the non library files.

Yes, you'll need a nightly build to use the git version of the skin.

- Rygrath - 2011-07-31

EoDTris Wrote:Sorry for the late reply, I had to head off to work (I work night security).

Now im here, ive tried exactly what you said and it worked a treat. both seasons refreshed their Poster from the .tbn file. Although the "All Seasons" Image is still the auto downloaded one. I can see it as a local thumbnail in the "Get Thumb" bit when I press "I" and then set it, but once exiting that panel it reverts to the Auto downloaded one.

I assume the All Seasons image is correctly named as "season-all.tbn" or does it need to be "The Simpsons-all.tbn" or "seasons-all.tbn". This is not a massive issue atall, just weird.

But thaks very much for your help, I very much appreciate it. Big Grin

Cheers

EoD
season-all.tbn is the correct naming. You'll run into this with XBMC now and then. The image caching can get squirelly sometimes, tho rarely. Since you're early in setting everything up it's good to catch these things. I would probably just remove the show, run the clean library in the Video setup, then scan the show back in.

I've been running XBMC for a few years now, so I now go into the database files using a SQL browser, find the location of the Thumbnail and change what I need to. However that's outside the scope of this thread Wink

- EoDTris - 2011-07-31

Rygrath Wrote:season-all.tbn is the correct naming. You'll run into this with XBMC now and then. The image caching can get squirelly sometimes, tho rarely. Since you're early in setting everything up it's good to catch these things. I would probably just remove the show, run the clean library in the Video setup, then scan the show back in.

I've been running XBMC for a few years now, so I now go into the database files using a SQL browser, find the location of the Thumbnail and change what I need to. However that's outside the scope of this thread Wink

Nice one, ill give it a bash. Thanks alot Rygrath.

Next challenge is to spend my day off 2morow collecting the necessary artwork for all the other 243 (2TB) TV shows, lmao.

It Seems Ember Media Manager Revisited is quite a neat little option.

Cheers

EoD

- LiLChris - 2011-07-31

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't have to change the background image. i will make it a bit wider the submenu and labels.

Yes, you'll need a nightly build to use the git version of the skin.

Yea thought so, I might go for a nightly build when I come back to town.
Everything except the file mode seems to work though, haven't noticed anything else going out of place.

Oh just noticed you added video playback in the background when in settings page. Smile

- Rygrath - 2011-07-31

EoDTris Wrote:Nice one, ill give it a bash. Thanks alot Rygrath.

Next challenge is to spend my day off 2morow collecting the necessary artwork for all the other 243 (2TB) TV shows, lmao.

It Seems Ember Media Manager Revisited is quite a neat little option.

Cheers

EoD

I've tried pretty much all the media managers out there. Ember (to me) is the absolute best choice when paired with XBMC. Quite a few options under the hood to get right, but once it's all setup.. makes managing your media library so so so much easier. Don't know if Revisited has it, but there is a XBMCstuff addon for Ember (I still use the orginal) that will scrape logo, clearart, landscape for you when scraping a new show. Good luck to ya!

- PantsOnFire - 2011-07-31

PantsOnFire Wrote:Does the Last.FM fanart slideshow (in fullscreen music) work as a built-in feature of this skin? or is it a feature neccessary by the xbmc build you're running? Is this feature in the stable build (downloaded using addons repo from within xbmc), or just in SVN still?

thx BigNoid, just got back to using my htpc setup and saw this fantastic feature is in place. thanks a mill, I like it! ps- is it still customisable as before? (to eliminate low-res images)

- meridius - 2011-07-31

hi all

have a slight problem with the weather.

1. it all worked great but i accidently hit the animations button but i canceled it but now the 4 day weather animations are gone and are all blank how do i get them back i have tried reseting txbmc but still no animations

2. how do you change the F to C in the weather

thanks

- dascmo - 2011-07-31

meridius Wrote:hi all

have a slight problem with the weather.

1. it all worked great but i accidently hit the animations button but i canceled it but now the 4 day weather animations are gone and are all blank how do i get them back i have tried reseting txbmc but still no animations

2. how do you change the F to C in the weather

thanks

1. Instead of cancelling select a folder after you select animations. You can then select animations again and they should appear. I made this mistake too. Took me a minute to figure out Smile

2. Change your "region" in the XBMC settings. "Home Screen" --> "System" --> "Appearance" --> "International"

- Martijn - 2011-07-31

Big Noid,

Since last git i can't get this view anymore when visualization is active.
I used to get this one when pressing "I" (with something playing ofcourse):

I only get this one when pressing "I"
I do like them both however with dark album covers the second isn't very good.
Maybe as an option to switch views

In skin setting you this when you set recommended options:

When you just start playing a song/album the top timeslider is very big and after a second is like it should be.