Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

Vignettes in Aeon Nox - PantsOnFire - 2011-02-11

Forgot to ask last time:

Vignettes look nice in Nox, I appreciate how they make the image more subtle. Theyre used when browsing the movies library, when viewing pictures, but, they seem to be missing when using:

1) Tv show livrary in the low-list view
2) Homescreen in general lacks vignette
3) Media nowplaying info (music) would benefit from a special vignette so preserve legibility of that info against homescreen background.

I would like to add these in, is it possible to that myself? Presumably I can use the same vignette image file thats used in Movies library for the same task? But Id think there needs to be some xml to draw the graphic onscreen, am I right?

Be greatful for help.

- ameinild - 2011-02-11

I was wondering, would it be possible for Aeon Nox to have direct shortcut to a video plugin on the front page, like you can with program addons? For instance, if you have a video plugin that streams Live TV it would be nice to have a home menu item called Live TV. Is this doable, if yes, I would suggest this! Thanks... Smile

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-11

@ameinild

i have not found any solution to add favorites to the homemenu. The pro blem ist that you could add video addons only to favorites. For the Homemenu you could only use smart playlist. You could enable the menu button favorites and there you could see your video addons if you have add the addon to the favorites. I would acclaim the possibility to add favorites to home menü and submenu.

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-11

PantsOnFire Wrote:thanks BigNoid, for the xml tips regarding the viewtype problem I was having.
Have learnt a wee bit more about that xml thanks to the hints. cheers.

Just tidying up my setup a bit, is is possible to remove scrollbars entirely from the experience? I didn't know if this could be done by removing code and/or the relevant graphics. Basically Im v.happy with my scrollspeed now I have gpu-accel art, and I have pageup and down for those duties. It just helps avoid confusion if a newby is using the setup and spacks the down arrow by mistake; they dont always realise theyve now selected the scrollbar.

As a broader point, I was about to suggest maybe scrollbars are redundant these days but then now xbmc is on idevices, they need something to scroll the screen by a touch,grab,scroll.

Still, for me I've no need, can I get rid of them?

thanks for any help.

ps- in landscape/showcase mode, if you continue pressing down, its possible to clear the entire screen, whats the point in this?

You can delete/comment the scrollbars in the xml's. Just be sure to set the navigation in the list (that the scrollbar belongs to) to whatever the navigation was in the scrollbar (only the direction that is used to activate the scrollbar).
That feature is fullscreen fanart, it's in Aeon since the very beginning. It's to show off your fanart.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-11

@Big_Noid

take a look at this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89163&highlight=frost+movie+set

that was it what i mean. I know i post many wishes here, but i think the Aeon Nox is for Atom User one of the Best skins and i hope i´m not so nerve racking.

Greets
Eisi

- BigNoid - 2011-02-11

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

take a look at this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89163&highlight=frost+movie+set

that was it what i mean. I know i post many wishes here, but i think the Aeon Nox is for Atom User one of the Best skins and i hope i´m not so nerve racking.

Greets
Eisi
I just put the bourne trilogy on my test box to do some testing with moviesets Smile So far, without the use of the script you mentioned, I think it's pretty useless when scrolling through the library. I will see if I can get that script working.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-11

@Big_Noid

nice to hear that Smile

Greets
Eisi

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-11

my fault

- BigNoid - 2011-02-12

New version is out on repo: 0.6.1. This is mostly a bugfixes release. I did however added TV Next Aired support in default TV Shows view. Only drawback is for shows that are ended, they don't display the new information because the script ignores canceled/ended shows.

For now the next aired scripts runs on the same button that also runs the recently added and random items script, so don't disable recently added items in the home window if you want the next aired information.

- hindude07 - 2011-02-13

Looks good but a few improvements could make it great. Is it possible to activate the mouse? One of the nice features of confluence is the ability to use the mouse. Everytime I move the mouse the layout menu pops up and thats annoying.

Also would it be possible to post a link for the original Aeon as a zip? For macs its very difficult to download the Git and do everything to install. Your zip format for Aeon Nox was very simple to install.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-13

hindude07 Wrote:Looks good but a few improvements could make it great. Is it possible to activate the mouse? One of the nice features of confluence is the ability to use the mouse. Everytime I move the mouse the layout menu pops up and thats annoying.

Also would it be possible to post a link for the original Aeon as a zip? For macs its very difficult to download the Git and do everything to install. Your zip format for Aeon Nox was very simple to install.

Sorry, no mouse support. The original Aeon isn't compatible with the latest release of XBMC. You should look for Aeon MQ2 as it's succesor, which I think is also installable through a zip file.

- smiffy1989 - 2011-02-13

Thanks for the updates Big_Noid. This skin is awesome! Smile

Bug and Feature Request - kealan - 2011-02-13

Love the skin. There seems to be a bug when trying to select "Landscape" view in TV Shows on the Apple TV2. Whenever I try to choose this view xbmc crashes.

Feature Requests:
1. Could you possibly add the option to hide the info window on "Landscape" view and perhaps have it available on trigger like it does with the "showcase" view.

2. Any chance of a "logo" view for TV Shows?

3. Is it possible to change the transparency of the home menu bar? (I'd like to make it slightly more transparent). Or could you tell me where in the XML I could change it myself?

Great work, well done.

- BigNoid - 2011-02-13

kealan Wrote:Love the skin. There seems to be a bug when trying to select "Landscape" view in TV Shows on the Apple TV2. Whenever I try to choose this view xbmc crashes.

Feature Requests:
1. Could you possibly add the option to hide the info window on "Landscape" view and perhaps have it available on trigger like it does with the "showcase" view.

2. Any chance of a "logo" view for TV Shows?

3. Is it possible to change the transparency of the home menu bar? (I'd like to make it slightly more transparent). Or could you tell me where in the XML I could change it myself?

Great work, well done.
Doesn't happen on my system. I would need to see a debug log to tell what's happening.
1: I can make the same options for landscape view as are now for showcase.
2: I can make an option that in landscape view you can use logo's instead of show thumb (=folder.jpg).
3Confusedure, its possible, but only by editing the xml file. Go to the 720p folder and find Home.xml and find the following image:
Code:
<control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>340</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>66</height>
        <texture>osd/osd_back.png</texture>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
      </control>
and edit it like this:
Code:
<control type="image">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>340</posy>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>66</height>
        <texture>osd/osd_back.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>CCFFFFFF</colordiffuse>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
      </control>
Where you can alter the first two hexadecimal values in the colordiffuse tag to change the transparency, 00 being invisible and FF opaque.

- hindude07 - 2011-02-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Sorry, no mouse support. The original Aeon isn't compatible with the latest release of XBMC. You should look for Aeon MQ2 as it's succesor, which I think is also installable through a zip file.

Do those versions have mouse support?