Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- neurosis13 - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Great Smile

Well there are three options here:
- stretch ar : fanart would look not correct, since ar is stretched.
- keep ar: fanrt would look good, but black borders will be added to sides or top and bottom.
- scale ar: how it is now, fanart keeps ar but gets scaled to fit the width of the screen.

i think stretch would be best imho, adding black borders might make the fanart look smaller than the others.

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

neurosis13 Wrote:i think stretch would be best imho, adding black borders might make the fanart look smaller than the others.

I am against stretch! Would rather have the black bars than that the images are stretched out. I like it the way it is right now.
However i think that Big Noid is the one who has to decide what to do as he is the one who is the creator of this piece of magnificent art. The only thing whe can do is make some suggestions however he cannot not please everyone. We should be happy whith was he has done so far Nod

Maybe there could be an option somewhere to choose what you want however this will comprimise the ease of use for most users as they don't know where to look if the settings are wrong

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

@ blade007: the scripts are not part of the skin. You add things to your favorite by pressing on the c button on a item and select add to favorite. That's when a favourite.xml gets created and filled with data.

@neurosis13: I actually had that for quite some time, but recently changed to scaled. Of all options imo the best bet is scaled, because your fanart would look horrible when stretched to widescreen. Try it out on your desktop and set that fanart as wallpaper and play with the different options.

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big Noid,
I have some problems with the studio logos. I'm sure that the studio has a matching flag in the skin folder however it won't show. This problem accours with different studio logos.
For example "the matrix" studio name is "Warner Bros. Pictures" and there is a flag with this name.

Note:
That other strange thing with those letters in the background hasn't shown up till now so haven't got a debug log

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid,
I have some problems with the studio logos. I'm sure that the studio has a matching flag in the skin folder however it won't show. This problem accours with different studio logos.
For example "the matrix" studio name is "Warner Bros. Pictures" and there is a flag with this name.

Note:
That other strange thing with those letters in the background hasn't shown up till this time so have nog debug log
That whole picture doesn't look good (the separating line is missing in list view). Try deleting the Textures.db in userdata/Database and restart XBMC.
That should fix it.

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:That whole picture doesn't look good (the separating line is missing in list view). Try deleting the Textures.db in userdata/Database and restart XBMC.
That should fix it.

I know it doesn't look good because it's on my test pc (1280x1024). However i have the same problem on my actual htpc. This was a fresh install to see if i have the same problem and because it was a fresh install there should be no problem witch the textures.db

Maybe the problem is that i use nfo files which contain multiple studio name that the skin doesn't recognize the first one?

EDIT:
The matrix nfo contains only this one:
Code:
<studio>Warner Bros. Pictures</studio>

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I know it doesn't look good because it's on my test pc (1280x1024). However i have the same problem on my actual htpc. This was a fresh install to see if i have the same problem and because it was a fresh install there should be no problem witch the textures.db

Try it anyway, I've seen this a couple times myself and it is always fixed by deleting textures.db.

- meridius - 2011-08-13

Hi all

I love the showcase view in movies, I also use the info panel in that view and was wondering if there is a way to disable the text top centre as it looks out of place.

Is this possible.

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Try it anyway, I've seen this a couple times myself and it is always fixed by deleting textures.db.

Tried it on both pc's but no effect. Deleted all the db's. Still the same.
Here's the screenshot from actual htpc
Tried different views but all are the same. Also did a movie refresh.
Deleted the movie from library and remove nfo file so it would use internal scraper.
Checked the debug log but not really anything usefull in there.

In Ember-Revised the logo is shown correctly. You can also see in screenshot that one of the two Megamind movies does have a logo and the otherone hasn't however they have the same studio

- fional - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:@ blade007: the scripts are not part of the skin. You add things to your favorite by pressing on the c button on a item and select add to favorite. That's when a favourite.xml gets created and filled with data.

@neurosis13: I actually had that for quite some time, but recently changed to scaled. Of all options imo the best bet is scaled, because your fanart would look horrible when stretched to widescreen. Try it out on your desktop and set that fanart as wallpaper and play with the different options.

Does favourites mean I could select, like say, Music Video Jukebox, and add that to favourites by hitting "c" as well, or do I have this concept completely wrong?

-- EDIT
Very cool, I was trying to figure out the favourites bit. Haha cool Smile

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

fional Wrote:Does favourites mean I could select, like say, Music Video Jukebox, and add that to favourites by hitting "c" as well, or do I have this concept completely wrong?

I think so yes.
Everywhere when you hit "c" and you see add to favourites it shows up in the favourites menu. If i'm not mistaken you can add about anything to it.

- Blade007 - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:@ blade007: the scripts are not part of the skin. You add things to your favorite by pressing on the c button on a item and select add to favorite. That's when a favourite.xml gets created and filled with data.

Just done another re-install as it was playing up probably from my messing around trying to get it to work and Thank you very much for your help. I knew it must have been something simple. I am now just wanting to update to 11 again and found an easy guide the other day something along the lines of the one I have just found below but must have been from another site as this one doesn't work. Do you know the correct commands.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo reboot

Thanks again

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Tried it on both pc's but no effect. Deleted all the db's. Still the same.
The seperating line is back Wink
Could you check in Panel view, details mode, what the studio entry is. I have a feeling there are multiple studio entries.
Blade007 Wrote:Do you know the correct commands.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo reboot

Thanks again
That is the old ppa, but it won't work on XBMC Live 10.1 (ubuntu 10.04) as the nightly builds use uxlaunch which was added in ubuntu 10.10. If you want a nightly build on XBMC Live 10.1 (ubuntu 10.04) you will need to compile it yourself. Check this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89817

- Martijn - 2011-08-13

Big_Noid Wrote:The seperating line is back Wink
Could you check in Panel view, details mode, what the studio entry is. I have a feeling there are multiple studio entries.
There are indeed multiple studios. Could you solve this in the skin by only selecting the first one for logo display? Or select the one which has a logo located in the flags folder but i recon that may require some sort of script.
Although the strange thing is in the nfo file there's only one studio mentioned. Apperantly xbmc adds some more info to it in the database.

EDIT:
Partialy solved my problem because nfo files wheren't loaded correctly. had them named "movie.nfo" and now "<moviename>.nfo"
So now there's only one studio mentioned. However this problem still exist for people who use internal scraper.
Also noticed some audio/videocodec logos are missing. Will add them to your git.

- BigNoid - 2011-08-13

@Machine-Sanctum: check this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82987