Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Martijn - 2011-08-19

SpeKtro Wrote:I am using XBMClive, latest build 10.1 Dharma.

Well then you will have trouble with the SVN version. It's not designed for 10.1 dharma.
You must use the one that provided through the xbmc repo. So uninstall the svn and use the one from xbmc

- SpeKtro - 2011-08-19

Thanks a lot, yes you right, I got it from the passion repo. Will uninstall it.

- sergiocos - 2011-08-19

one issue after the big update. when in lowlist (tvshows/movies) i cannot change views (i can't bring the skin menu). and one question: what is 'conditional navigation'?

- PierreC - 2011-08-19

Big_Noid Wrote:@PierreC : The landscape.jpgs are loaded from outside XBMC. That is why there is a delay.

I actually managed to speed it up a little bit by making sure the landscape files are loaded first and then the default Icon if not found. But yes, it is still a bit slow, alteast I dont have to watch it load icon first and then landscape Smile I guess since landscape.jpg is an external file, it isnt cached by xbmc in a fast way ?

- BigNoid - 2011-08-19

sergiocos Wrote:one issue after the big update. when in lowlist (tvshows/movies) i cannot change views (i can't bring the skin menu). and one question: what is 'conditional navigation'?

It will only work with nightly builds from today and up.
It is now possible for skinners to have a condition for every navigational action, which saves us the use of invisible buttons.

- SpeKtro - 2011-08-19

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well then you will have trouble with the SVN version. It's not designed for 10.1 dharma.
You must use the one that provided through the xbmc repo. So uninstall the svn and use the one from xbmc

Thanks that really worked, it does not seem as complete as the SVN version though, and I lost the TV Guide, is there a way to have this on this skin?

- BigNoid - 2011-08-19

SpeKtro Wrote:Thanks that really worked, it does not seem as complete as the SVN version though, and I lost the TV Guide, is there a way to have this on this skin?
In this version its a submenu item on tv shows section.
I am planning on adding one final update for xbmc 10.1 with a lot of features backported, but that won't be for a few weeks. But yeah the git version of the skin is a lot more polished. It's version 2.0 for a reason Wink

- dascmo - 2011-08-19

Big_Noid Wrote:Re-evaluating the shutdown menu is on my to do list. I will add a sleep button to the shutdown menu then.
In the submenu of shutdown on the main menu there are options to hibernate and sleep.

If and when you do can you add an option for restart? I never shutdown and would like to remove "Shutdown" from the home menu

Thanks Big_Noid !

- Martijn - 2011-08-19

Big Noid,

Some things that i noticed:
When entering the carousel (flat one) menu for movies sometimes the cases are to big. If you scroll left or right some of them are as they should and other to big. This effect dissapears after some scrolling through the library and they are all the same size.
Screenshot show the the to big case that overlaps the info panel.
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/664/screenshot094e.png

My comment in git about different viewtypes in episode layer did happen again. Switched S06 and S02&03 where the previous view. Other ones where ok. Went back to main menu and then back to tv shows and still different views.

Maybe the trailer button in the mediamenu can be conditional to (i'm no expert so don't know). So only available when breadcrumbs are off?

Maybe some suggestions:
Scrolling through the real carousel view it seems a litlle choppy. Especially the transition of the middle case. Is there a way to make this a litlle more fluid? (Showcase handles this better)
In Aeon MQ3 there's a small transition effect between the flags. Does look really nice. Maybe for your to-do list Wink Maybe also for the floor text.
Skin settings viewtypes has only the label "video library".

- BigNoid - 2011-08-20

@Machine-Sanctum: I'll see if I can reproduce the carousel issue. Don't know if I can make it smoother, it's a pretty heavy viewtype.
The label says videolibrary, because it is only needed in videolibrary to disable views and those optoons only affect the videolibrary.
The trailer button option in the media menu is for the triangle image on the poster in list view and low list view, so it's not related to breadcrumbs.
I looked at the flags transition in mq3 and if you ask me that is a case of the fadetime set too high. The images overlap when scrolling.
I think xbmc remembers 3 viewtype settings for episodes, so it's not a bug, but a feature.

@ Dascmo: I'll add a restart button to the shutdown menu.

- Martijn - 2011-08-20

Big_Noid Wrote:The trailer button option in the media menu is for the triangle image on the poster in list view and low list view, so it's not related to breadcrumbs.
My bad. Thought you mentioned something about that a while back.

Quote:I looked at the flags transition in mq3 and if you ask me that is a case of the fadetime set too high. The images overlap when scrolling.
Did notice the overlapping. Thought that was on purpose. Maybe the timing could be a lit faster.

Quote:I think xbmc remembers 3 viewtype settings for episodes, so it's not a bug, but a feature.
Never noticed that before and i do change views quite often.

- SpeKtro - 2011-08-20

Big_Noid Wrote:In this version its a submenu item on tv shows section.
I am planning on adding one final update for xbmc 10.1 with a lot of features backported, but that won't be for a few weeks. But yeah the git version of the skin is a lot more polished. It's version 2.0 for a reason Wink

Thanks I didn't know the menu that well I guess.

Thanks again for the help.

- Tritonal - 2011-08-20

Is there a way to make the movies back ground in the main menu rotate through all the fan art on start up or when returning back to the main menu?

Example: When I first start xbmc and hover over movies the background would be randomly selected from the fan art of the movies in the library. Then if I watch a movie or browse away from the main menu and then return it has a new fan art background under movies (same can be done for TV as well).

I have found how to get it to cycle through fan art under videos randomly but I keep videos hidden and have movies shown but it doesn't allow the same option.

Oh and this is windows 7 x64 dharma 10.1

- meridius - 2011-08-20

Big_Noid Wrote:In this version its a submenu item on tv shows section.

hi mate happy to here that there is going to be one more update for 10.1

did you fix the info page when pressing i that it does not show the itunes logo instead it shows the h264 logo ? all other screens show the itunes logo in there right place when using web-dl but like i say the i info screen does not

just wanted to get that one in before you release the update for 10.1

cheers

- BigNoid - 2011-08-20

Tritonal Wrote:Is there a way to make the movies back ground in the main menu rotate through all the fan art on start up or when returning back to the main menu?

Example: When I first start xbmc and hover over movies the background would be randomly selected from the fan art of the movies in the library. Then if I watch a movie or browse away from the main menu and then return it has a new fan art background under movies (same can be done for TV as well).

I have found how to get it to cycle through fan art under videos randomly but I keep videos hidden and have movies shown but it doesn't allow the same option.

Oh and this is windows 7 x64 dharma 10.1
Yeah, check out the script videofanart splitter. It automatically sorts your video fanart in tv shows and movies. And then just point to the directories made by the script for movies and tv shows backgrounds.
meridius Wrote:hi mate happy to here that there is going to be one more update for 10.1

did you fix the info page when pressing i that it does not show the itunes logo instead it shows the h264 logo ? all other screens show the itunes logo in there right place when using web-dl but like i say the i info screen does not

just wanted to get that one in before you release the update for 10.1

cheers
Yep, it's added. Still need to test a lot before releasing the update. It should be final for 10.1, so there can't be any bugs.