Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Rygrath - 2011-08-22

ibixat Wrote:I knew it would be something so simple to fix yet so totally non-obvious to me =) Thanks again for the help.

Rygrath, I think I understood roughly 75% of what you were saying, I was looking everywhere I could to see if I could just delete the thumbnail directory and if it would recreate them, so I zipped it up and deleted it.. that was a disaster, so I restored that and will never try that again.. At least I'm learning something.

If I were to rename (or delete) the textures.db and then wipe out the thumbnails directory would it essentially recreate the entire database and thumbnail folders or do I need to leave those folders in place to prevent other issues?

If you aren't familiar with using a SQL browser, then yeah, you can just rename the textures.db file. It's not that huge a deal with the thumbnails, XBMC will just create new copies of the images that don't match up. It's the quickest way to fix your particular problem.

If you delete both, then XBMC will just recreate every image when you scroll to it. Short term, there's a delay when scrolling through your library as it generates new thumbs. Long term, it keeps the Thumbnails dir clean. Either method, just make sure to backup and you should be fine.

If you want to try the SQLitespy way here's a quick run down.. it's pretty easy.
Download SQLiteSpy from here:
http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/sqlitespy/index

1. Extract it to your Database directory that contains the textures.db
  2. Run the SQLitespy.exe. Then go to File->Open Database -> textures.db
  3. In the left-hand pane, double click on "Textures" and you'll see the contents of it in the right-hand pane.
  4. Click on the sort label of the column that says "url" to sort by path name (you might want to expand the column a little to see the full path)
  5. Find the TV show you need to fix (Dr. Who) and look for a record that has banner.jpg in it. "\TV Shows\Doctor Who (2005)\/banner.jpg"
  6. Make a note of the "id" that's in the first column ie: "9289"
(Sidenote: The column "cachedurl" is the location of the thumnail in the Thumbnails directory. For me it shows "0/0b1beff8.jpg". If I go to the Thumbnails\0 directory I'll find the file 0b1beff8.jpg. You can delete this to keep your directory clean from old files. Alternatively you can copy down that file name and copy your new banner.jpg file there with that file name replacing the old.)

Here's a screen shot showing mine (note you'll see two records of banner.jpg id 9289 and 256. I don't know why this happens, but I see it often)
Then in the top most blank box of SQLitespy you'd type the following to delete the line.
Code:
delete from texture
where id = '9289'
Then you can click F9 to run the sql command, or click on Excecute -> Excecute SQL. Repeat for the next id if you need, just replace the number.

The line pointing to the old banner.jpg will be gone forcing XBMC to create a new one with the new image.

It's what I've been doing when I need to change a image like landscape.jpg and has worked great so far.

P.S. Apologies Big_Noid for posting this in your thread. Thought others might find the info useful as well.

- Shinu - 2011-08-22

Big_Noid Wrote:@ Shinu: The text should be grey again in latest git. I cannot fix the disappearing text (thought I did, but was not the case) because it displays the current control. When you close the window, there is no current control, so no text available.

aite cool man. thanx for the prompt fix. i like the new homescreen animations too.

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

Shinu Wrote:aite cool man. thanx for the prompt fix. i like the new homescreen animations too.

And fast loading Smile

- BigNoid - 2011-08-22

@ Rygrath : np, it was something i did not yet know, so it was interesting to read.

@Shinu : I had actually already reverted it yesterday.

- tocinillo - 2011-08-23

full log when I use pelisalacarta add-on and xbmc freezes: http://pastebin.com/qZTmpQck

With other skins or with previous version of nox (svn) not occours...

And another question, when I change topbar colour to OFF, when I restart HTPC Aeon Nox starts with white topbar colour....I seem that its not saving the changes...

Thanks for alll Noid!

- BigNoid - 2011-08-23

@tocinillo: You have to update your nightly build for the topbar color to stick. It is built with functionality only available since 19th august.
I see what the problem is with pelisalacarta. It is because it runs together with tvtunes. If you disable tvtunes it won't crash. If you enable tvtunes in Confluence pelisalacarta will also crash.
Also to disable tvtunes in Nox you will have to have a nightly build later then 19th august otherwise it will always load tvtunes.

- Martijn - 2011-08-23

From version 1.4.3 of the tmdb.org xbmc internal scraper will only scrape one movie studio so the movie studio logo's will be fixed.
Only when scraping new ones or do refresh

- Rififi77 - 2011-08-23

Hi,
I just tested the latest version in svn dharma and I detected some bug.

1) While listening to music with breadcumbs of activated there is no visible cover in the window movies while in others it is present.

2) in the menu "system/skin/favorites/" it is impossible to go below the line "enable button 6 favorite"

request:
Is it possible to add in the submenu Movies, TV shows and Music direct one or more addon in addition to the favorite.

I am also preparing a update of the French translation, but with the sun I have a little flem Cool

@+

- tocinillo - 2011-08-23

Big_Noid Wrote:@tocinillo: You have to update your nightly build for the topbar color to stick. It is built with functionality only available since 19th august.
I see what the problem is with pelisalacarta. It is because it runs together with tvtunes. If you disable tvtunes it won't crash. If you enable tvtunes in Confluence pelisalacarta will also crash.
Also to disable tvtunes in Nox you will have to have a nightly build later then 19th august otherwise it will always load tvtunes.

Simply....I love you!!! xDD perfect, very thanks for the info Big Grin

- BigNoid - 2011-08-23

@Rififi77: I will change the slide animation to only when a trailer is available.
I thought I fixed the favorites navigation problem already, but i think I forgot to commit. Will check my home work directory.
I can't add video-addons in Dharma to submenu, it is possible in eden-pre. Dharma will only allow for program add-ons, weather, subtitle and lyrics add-on to be selectable.

- Rififi77 - 2011-08-23

Ok thank you

- Timreh - 2011-08-23

I got a question Smile
Is it possible to cache the tv- logo.pngĀ“s? So i dont just get a bunch of "Missing Image"-Icons, when my TV-Show-HDD is not connected?

- ReducedToZero - 2011-08-23

Big_Noid Wrote:Are there any users that are still on Dharma and are using Nox from googlecode's svn?... If you find any issues on this release please let me know.

I installed the SVN over 1.5 to see if I could spot anything.

Thus far,
  • If 'Enable CDArt in Home now playing' is unchecked, I get no Album art on the home screen. It displays the default image.
  • When playing a Video I can't navigate to the buttons on the bottom of the OSD. Instead, as I hit left or right on my remote it skips the video around as though the OSD wasn't visible.

And two personal notes,
  • I miss the old 'paused' label Wink It kind of tied it back to approx Aeon Stark for me.
  • The stuff in SVN fixes the bizarre missing frame / flicker issue I was having with the background effect on panels Big Grin So whatever changed there werks for me.

HTH some, and thanks Big Noid for back porting this stuff.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.6 ish
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- BigNoid - 2011-08-23

@ Timreh: I think the xbmc devs are working on that. Probably wil be before Eden is officially released.

@ ReducedToZero: I see the problem wuth album art.
About the paused osd. I wasn't too sure about the changes tbh. Lately I'm using the info on paused option so I don't see it too often, but looking at it just now got me thinking that the old one wsa indeed better. I changed it because the current time and end time labels were giving me headaches. They were always overlapping or leaving huge spaces. I see that the buttons give the wrong impressions; they are in fact not buttons but a visual conformation of the action that is currently active. It wouldn't be right to have buttons in the seekbar, because that would interfere with xbmc functionality ( skipping forward , small step etc).
I'm gonna think about this some more and see what looks best.

- Timreh - 2011-08-23

Ok,thanks Smile Btw...are there any changelogs for the nightly builds?