Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-09-29

Can't find anything skin related in there (expect for the errors due to that commit :p)
Can't reproduce it either, cpu is normal in every view I tested.

- ronx - 2011-09-30

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Maybe a log without the annoying errors would be great. Makes it a bit more easy to read.

this one is a little tidier Wink

http://pastebin.com/FsnFytfb

- Brad P - 2011-09-30

Rygrath Wrote:Go into Programs, select the Launcher, bring up the context menu "C", Add to Favorites.

Go into Skin Settings -> Favourites Shortcuts -> Add favourite to main menu
Select the Launcher favorite you created, name it whatever you want... voila

You can add several items to the main menu this way. This goes for pretty much anything added as a favorite in XBMC.

Hello

I am trying this skin and I really like it...I may keep it over my Aeon65 skin I've been using for a year+.

My question is I am seem to be missing the Favorites Shortcut. I was using the Sept 27, 2011 nightly build and updated to the 29th but still no Favorites Shortcuts. Any ideas? My NOX download was a few days ago, I'm not sure how to get the current version I'm using.

Thanks

Edit: I just did an SVN update and it said I was on revision 1164.

Edit again: I deleted the guisettings.xml file and restored it from a backup of my current aeon65 skin and now I have the Favorites Shortcut and a bunch of others, as well as a slightly different look. Anywho...

- r0tt3n - 2011-09-30

Loving AEON NOX. I've told all my xbmc'ers running AEON65 about it - time to upgrade. Boy you guys have put a lot of work into this, and it just looks and works great.

Is this the right place to ask about why none of the shows like the daily show or the colber report or conan appear in the TV Guide page? I did a few searches but couldn't figure out where this belongs.

Thanks again!

- BigNoid - 2011-09-30

r0tt3n Wrote:Loving AEON NOX. I've told all my xbmc'ers running AEON65 about it - time to upgrade. Boy you guys have put a lot of work into this, and it just looks and works great.

Is this the right place to ask about why none of the shows like the daily show or the colber report or conan appear in the TV Guide page? I did a few searches but couldn't figure out where this belongs.

Thanks again!

I don't know, I think you have to ask this in the next aired release thread. The skin only calls the script and uses the info the script provides. I have no control over particular shows that are or are not beeing added.
That beeing said, there is a 25 show limit in this skin, so if you have more than 25 shows with next aired data (excluding the canceled/ended shows) they will not show up.

- ecopsorn - 2011-09-30

Big_Noid Wrote:If it gets more common, which I doubt btw, I'll add support for it.

Thanks for the reply and the info.

- Brad P - 2011-09-30

r0tt3n Wrote:Loving AEON NOX. I've told all my xbmc'ers running AEON65 about it - time to upgrade. Boy you guys have put a lot of work into this, and it just looks and works great.

Thanks again!

I agree...it was time for an upgrade. I really like the adding of favorites to the home menu. I had to do that manually in Aeon65. Great job on this skin! Nod

- coolio99 - 2011-09-30

hey nox can you make trailer buton to features movies on version 160 on dharma too?is on svt version..make trailer buton to click left and refresh to click right..trailer works on latest movies..then is will b perfect..thanks

- Kode - 2011-09-30

ecopsorn Wrote:Thanks for the reply and the info.

It's hard enough getting quality fanart at a series level, I really can't see episode fanart happening, especially if you consider a series getting cancelled after just 3 seasons could still have around 78 episodes...

I only have about 140 series but around 5000 episodes, and there are people with much bigger collections than mine.

So that averages at about 35 episodes per series, there are currently 4,949 series in the fanart.tv database and many more in thetvdb database, so take that 35 x 5000 and you are looking at needing around 175,000 images.

*edit* just actually looked at my library, 131 shows with 7599 episodes

- ibixat - 2011-09-30

Kode Wrote:It's hard enough getting quality fanart at a series level, I really can't see episode fanart happening, especially if you consider a series getting cancelled after just 3 seasons could still have around 78 episodes...

I only have about 140 series but around 5000 episodes, and there are people with much bigger collections than mine.

So that averages at about 35 episodes per series, there are currently 4,949 series in the fanart.tv database and many more in thetvdb database, so take that 35 x 5000 and you are looking at needing around 175,000 images.

Couldn't agree with you more on that first point. There are some really well done fanarts for series but the show's powers that be usually have to have actually released some good quality promo stills to get that to happen. Some shows have really excellent promo shots out there to make fanart with (Castle and Lost come to mind) and some of them apparently never took a promo shot at all so you have nothing but screencaps from episodes. Or they did take promo shots but the show is old and the promo shots "were" high resolution when they were released, 640x480 horrible quality jpeg images. Nice HD 1080p Cast photos and what not are just not always available, even for really popular shows. MacGyver was hugely popular back in the day, but the tv DB has only 2 1080 fanarts, they are ok but the selection is pretty slim.

- sergiocos - 2011-09-30

@Big_Noid: Can you reproduce this? (default flags in LowList / tvshows, no banner for that show so you can see all the flags that shouldn't be there). I'm using the latest nightly and the skin is also updated.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-30

sergiocos Wrote:@Big_Noid: Can you reproduce this? (default flags in LowList / tvshows, no banner for that show so you can see all the flags that shouldn't be there). I'm using the latest nightly and the skin is also updated.

Yeah I forgot about those. Fixed just now.

- newphreak - 2011-09-30

big_noid, can you make the .. folder in tv-shows use fanart from the show it's inside?
vs.

This kind of stands out, and not in agood way Sad

- Martijn - 2011-09-30

newphreak Wrote:big_noid, can you make the .. folder in tv-shows use fanart from the show it's inside?
This kind of stands out, and not in agood way Sad

Had the same thing. I just disabled the ...
I just use the BACKSPACE button instead.
It's under settings->appearence -> file list -> show parent folder items.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-30

@ newphreak:
I think that is a bug in xbmc. It's supposed to show fanart there and it does when you scroll down and up again. It also shows when you enter that item from the show, it only shows the skin fanart when entered directly from the main menu (backout with escape on season level and enter tv shows again). The skin fanart is never mentioned anywhere in the skin code, so it must come from code in xbmc.