Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Martijn - 2011-10-10

Raytestrak Wrote:@Big_Noid. Is there an easy way you can make the svn update only remove files and folders placed in the skin folder by the skin package? I have junctions in there to avoid them from being cached. When I delete them in windows, only the link is removed but the skin update also removes the content of the folders to which the junctions leads.

What happens when you create a symlink folder next to or inside the "Thumbnails" folder?
Does it cash the files then? I can't imagine that xbmc cashes the cash folder Rolleyes

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-10

Anything outside of the skin folder gets cached. It really needs to be in the skin folder, unless some dev knows another location. I have tried many, if not all, sensible locations. Symbolic Links and Junctions have the same effect. So placing either in the skin folders avoids the real files being cached, but when a skin update gets applied, everything gets deleted.

I know changing the way a skin update works isn't the right way to overcome a flaw (imo) in xbmc, but I don't see any other option to fix this at this point.

- frodo19 - 2011-10-10

lelloz Wrote:I want to manually add the italian xml file but i'm using Openelec and i can't find the path on my htpc. In the "userdata" folder i have "addon_data" but, inside this folder, i cannot find any skin folder.

Can you help me?

BTW, this Skin is awesome. I was using AEON MQ2 but this one is better because of the possibiliy to rescrape movie manually, add incon & fanart and because i like the media info icons showing the source (DVD/BD) in the case and the codec below (mkv,divx,xvid) Wink

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Download and install winscp.
In winscp, session tab, set to ur openelec host ip.
Set sftp protocol,
allow scp fallback, than save, and login.
User: root
Pass: openelec
U will see in the right side : .xbmc folder...
Click on that, the select addons folder, -> skin.aeon.nox -> language folder..
...copy ur lang folder inside with xml..
...restart, set language, enjoy... Smile

- DigiTech - 2011-10-10

Big_Noid Wrote:Make sure you have the tv next aired add-on installed (which should be installed since the skin depends on it). Try to run that addon and see if you get results.

Thanks a lot that did the trick i had disabled the next aired add on then enable it, btw in the main menu in movies then on it's submenu (in genre, actors, directors) it used to work when i selected genre then the genre page used to appear, now it does nothing the only way to see the movie genre page its entering directly to movies then selecting an option that says "aplanar" in spanish i dont remember the word in english then i go back one page and then i can see the genre page, what do i have to do to be able to enter the genre from the submenu in the movie main screen? Thanks a lot again, best skin ever! Period.

- BigNoid - 2011-10-10

DigiTech Wrote:Thanks a lot that did the trick i had disabled the next aired add on then enable it, btw in the main menu in movies then on it's submenu (in genre, actors, directors) it used to work when i selected like genre then the genre page used to appear, now it does nothing the only way to see the movie genre page its entering directly to movies then selecting an option that says "aplanar" in spanish i dont remember the word in english then i can see the genre page, what do i have to do to be able to enter the genre from the submenu in the movie main screen? Thanks a lot again, best skin ever! Period.

It could be that you enabled the option "Submenu of movies uses Cinema Experience Script as default" and then later removed or disabled cinema experience script. This option can be found in the Home window options.

- BigNoid - 2011-10-10

Raytestrak Wrote:@Big_Noid. Is there an easy way you can make the svn update only remove files and folders placed in the skin folder by the skin package? I have junctions in there to avoid them from being cached. When I delete them in windows, only the link is removed but the skin update also removes the content of the folders to which the junctions leads.

Don't think so. If you make something read-only I think the whole update fails.
Easiest way is to install msysgit on windows or git-core on linux and clone my github repo. Then you can add all the files you want and only update the changed files. Disadvantage is that it is manual work.

- DigiTech - 2011-10-10

Thanks again Big_Noid ill try to find that option so it can work again, congrats for this amazing skin!

- Bobby Blixberg - 2011-10-10

Is there a version that runs under the nightlies for the Apple TV 2?
The skin is marked as defective in the repository Undecided

- Martijn - 2011-10-10

Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Is there a version that runs under the nightlies for the Apple TV 2?
The skin is marked as defective in the repository Undecided

You can install it from the passion-xbmc repo (see first post) and you should be running one of the latest xbmc builds.
The pre-Eden (nightlies) version has not been released to the official xbmc-repo.
There might be a small error when trying to install the skin. This should be fixed as soon as possible

- Bobby Blixberg - 2011-10-10

Thanks, did it like that...like I said, the skin is marked as defective Wink

- schumi2004 - 2011-10-10

I removed previous installed NOX skin and added passion repo and tried to install from there but it said it was broken.

Big_Noid Wrote:@Rastan:

Will be fixed tomorrow (on passion repo, in a few moments on git). You can fix it temporarily by extracting this to the add-ons folder and rename the folder script.extrafanartdownloader.
Also did this advice but didn't help either so i downloaded svn zip and installed it that way and now i have a nice working NOX skin again Wink

- BigNoid - 2011-10-10

@Bobby Blixberg: Tomorrow the skin can be updated/installed again from passion repo.

EDIT: you can manually download from passion repo also with this link:

http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download.php/skin.aeon.nox.svn/skin.aeon.nox.svn-1318196297.zip

- BigNoid - 2011-10-10

schumi2004 Wrote:I removed previous installed NOX skin and added passion repo and tried to install from there but it said it was broken.

Also did this advice but didn't help either so i downloaded svn zip and installed it that way and now i have a nice working NOX skin again Wink

Just beware if you installed a zip from my github repo and you installed that as a zip file the folder doesn't get the right name (ie BigNoid-Aeon-Nox-1dd6a11 instead of skin.aeon.nox).
If you installed manually from passion xbmc repo there is no problem.

- Shinu - 2011-10-11

Have u ever thought of adding the tv show's season poster to the episode view? I was think about it and decided to make a quick mockup....

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-11

Does the weather plus adding still slow down the Home menu