Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-10-11

Just for reference sake, this can also be found on the wiki.

- DigiTech - 2011-10-11

Rygrath Wrote:The folders that Nox looks in is located under
\addons\skin.aeon.nox\extras\genre

There is a folder for Video and Music

Each of those folders contain a folder for Fanart and Icons
-Video
--Fanart
--Icons

-Music
--Fanart
--Icons
Place your images into the corresponding folder and Nox will pick them up. You can find several icon and fanart packs in the Fanart sub-section of the forums.

Thanks, Rygrath
I guess i have to rename the icons with the aeon movie genre names? like action.jpg, horror.jpg etc, same as fanart?

- Rygrath - 2011-10-11

DigiTech Wrote:Thanks, Rygrath
I guess i have to rename the icons with the aeon movie genre names? like action.jpg, horror.jpg etc, same as fanart?

That is correct. For Nox to display them they need to match the genre names of your movies in your library.

- Martijn - 2011-10-11

@Big Noid

Is it possible to add some failback text to the tvshow landscape with tvshow logo's?
I have some shows without a logo and there's no real way of knowing which one it is. (except from the fanart or entering to season level).

- Shinu - 2011-10-12

Big_Noid Wrote:Maybe with the new home window options dialog it can't hurt to add an extra option.

True. Laugh Thanks for even considering it.

One more thing (don't mean to over do it :S). I've noticed that you added the genre fallback to the Infowall like was discussed earlier and I kinda understand what you meant when you said u weren't sure about the look. While I like seeing the genre there, having it switch with the tagline is a bit confusing at times. How bout an option to show either the genre or tagline? Much the same way the Showcase view can switch between full plot or outline?

Icons Size - DigiTech - 2011-10-12

Hi Big Noid do you know what is the best size in pixels for the movie genre icons? (some xbmc icons are found in 340 x 500 pixels, others in 453 x 666) çause im about to make my own icons and i need the exact size so then can fit perfectly in aeon.Thanks again!

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-12

Big_Noid Wrote:That looks pretty good Smile EDIT: Added in master.

I must say I experience the slowdowns also without weather + on my windows testmachine. I really doubt it's skin related though.

sorry should have been more clear. i mean in LINUX is it causing slow downs? i know in windows it is (weather.plus)

- ethanslade - 2011-10-12

is it possible to somehow get the 'paused' screen from Aeon MQ2 into this skin? I love absolutely everything about Aeon Nox, but the pause screen i would love is the one from Aeon MQ2? please tell me it's possible Smile

- BigNoid - 2011-10-12

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:@Big Noid

Is it possible to add some failback text to the tvshow landscape with tvshow logo's?
I have some shows without a logo and there's no real way of knowing which one it is. (except from the fanart or entering to season level).
Probably not, but I'll see if I can think of something.
Shinu Wrote:True. Laugh Thanks for even considering it.

One more thing (don't mean to over do it :S). I've noticed that you added the genre fallback to the Infowall like was discussed earlier and I kinda understand what you meant when you said u weren't sure about the look. While I like seeing the genre there, having it switch with the tagline is a bit confusing at times. How bout an option to show either the genre or tagline? Much the same way the Showcase view can switch between full plot or outline?
Yeah, maybe that is better.
DigiTech Wrote:Hi Big Noid do you know what is the best size in pixels for the movie genre icons? (some xbmc icons are found in 340 x 500 pixels, others in 453 x 666) çause im about to make my own icons and i need the exact size so then can fit perfectly in aeon.Thanks again!
That is up to your own preference of quality. Important thing is to have a 2:3 aspectratio for poster icons (ie width 360 height 540).
Hack_kid Wrote:sorry should have been more clear. i mean in LINUX is it causing slow downs? i know in windows it is (weather.plus)
Don't know really and it is probably not fair of me to blame only that plugin, because lots of things can cause slowdowns.
ethanslade Wrote:is it possible to somehow get the 'paused' screen from Aeon MQ2 into this skin? I love absolutely everything about Aeon Nox, but the pause screen i would love is the one from Aeon MQ2? please tell me it's possible Smile
I actually never played a video with MQ2, but seeing it is a fork of Aeon65 I'm guessing you mean the Alaska big paused option, with letters PAUSED covering most of the screen. I can make this an option now that I moved all video options to the video osd.

- ethanslade - 2011-10-12

Big_Noid Wrote:I'm guessing you mean the Alaska big paused option, with letters PAUSED covering most of the screen. I can make this an option now that I moved all video options to the video osd.

yeah, pretty well, the big PAUSED overlay in white text. it also showed the movie poster in the bottom left.
i really like the way it is laid out, with the 'finish time' and such.

- Martijn - 2011-10-12

ethanslade Wrote:yeah, pretty well, the big PAUSED overlay in white text. it also showed the movie poster in the bottom left.

MQ3 has the same option: small (same as Nox now has) and large (remove the small one and shows "pauze" in large white letters)

- BigNoid - 2011-10-12

ethanslade Wrote:yeah, pretty well, the big PAUSED overlay in white text. it also showed the movie poster in the bottom left.

Except for the paused label you can already enable "Show video info when paused" to show cover and finish time etc. It is an option in General skin settings or if you have latest git release it is an option under the video osd under Misc. Options.

- PatOso - 2011-10-12

Is possible to put the "addons-video" in the home menu the same way it does confluence?
on poster widget site? for example, as an option.

- BigNoid - 2011-10-12

PatOso Wrote:Is possible to put the "addons-video" in the home menu the same way it does confluence?
on poster widget site? for example, as an option.

Yeah, that is on my to do list. I intend to make a widget that is visible on programs, videos and music with the layout of the poster widget (but with square icons)

- PatOso - 2011-10-12

That would be great, thanks Big noid. Nod