Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- locomot1f - 2011-10-16

Big_Noid Wrote:It should already do that if you disable fanart in the media menu. If not, could you give an example of where it does not do that?

After further investigation, it seems to be only the Video Section.
All other section work the way stated (Music, System, Weather).

I'm running:
ATV 2
latest nightly build
latest git version of Aeon-Nox

Thanks for replying back. Sounds like it should be an easy fix.

- ibixat - 2011-10-16

Big_Noid Wrote:Try deleting canceled.db and next_aired.db in userdata/addon_data/script.tv.show.next.aired.

So far so good, when I hit the tv guide this time the next aired script popped up and it's getting information on the tv shows, I have 150ish tv shows though so it's taking a long time, I'll edit and update this post if it worked (but it's doing something which is a step in the right direction I think)

Well that didn't acutally work, it scanned everything recreated the files in that directory and still nothing shows up when I open the tv guide screen now, I'm going to copy those db's out and look at them.

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-16

ibixat Wrote:So far so good, when I hit the tv guide this time the next aired script popped up and it's getting information on the tv shows, I have 150ish tv shows though so it's taking a long time, I'll edit and update this post if it worked (but it's doing something which is a step in the right direction I think)

Well that didn't acutally work, it scanned everything recreated the files in that directory and still nothing shows up when I open the tv guide screen now, I'm going to copy those db's out and look at them.

What version of next aired are you running? I had the same thing with 4.0.1 from the repository. 4.0.2 from the thread in the forum works fine for me.

- ibixat - 2011-10-16

Raytestrak Wrote:What version of next aired are you running? I had the same thing with 4.0.1 from the repository. 4.0.2 from the thread in the forum works fine for me.

I downloaded the 4.0.2 of the script, installed that, no change, I then updated to the latest passion repo version of the skin again, no change, I then updated my 10-01-11 openelec eden build to the 10-14-11 build and still no change, I get the grid but it's empty, I deleted the db files again and it rescanned everything and it was still an empty grid. Not sure what to try next at this point.

**edited the above to list all the steps I've done since starting this post**

- briped - 2011-10-16

I just switched from Confluence (pre-eden) to Aeon Nox, and it is impressive.

There's a couple of issues I've stumbled upon, which I am hoping someone could tell me is just me configuring something wrong, and hopefully also how to configure it right Wink

I usually set screensaver to fanart, and dim during playback. However I've noticed that when it's set to dim, when starting the movie again, it doesn't undim? I have to quit XBMC to reset the light (undim it).

Also enabling animated backgrounds seem like it takes a lot of juice. When I exit screensaver and go to the homescreen (or any other screen with animated background) everything stutters for a couple of seconds and the UI is very slow responding. It's running of a SSD disk so disk spinup isn't the issue.

Keep up the good work, definitely my favorite skin.

- Shinu - 2011-10-16

a few things i've noticed...

- when viewing the list recently added movies in the home-screen (widget), pressing left causes the trailer to play, as well as pressing right.

- for tv shows, only the landscape view has the option to change the layout. and the "TV show logo" layout shows no series info.

- noticed that the "back" icon was removed from a number of playlist views. not sure if this was a design choice.

also, are u still going to make a "Now Playing" widget like I requested? *crosses fingers*

and is it possible for the showcase and dvd case views to have a movie fallback to the "full plot" if "plot outline" isn't available?

- francovilar - 2011-10-16

Big_Noid Wrote:Which version of xbmc are you using? N dharma that option requires the recently added script, so it can only be enabled if the option show recently added videos is checkd in the skin settings.

On eden it should always be enabled, at least it does now after I fixed that today as eden no longer needs the recently added script.

I'm using eden. It works now. Thank you

- peppe_sr - 2011-10-16

Hi Big Noid,
I have a question about your skin.
i'm trying to set up the programs submenu from shortcuts but it doesn't seem to work. i set a favourite but when, after i have selected the voice programs, i use the down arrow in the media bar the sub menĂ¹ doesn't appears. i have to set something else.
thanks a lot for you amazing work.
peppe

i'm using a nightly of a couples of day ago and last svn of aeon nox

- BigNoid - 2011-10-16

briped Wrote:I just switched from Confluence (pre-eden) to Aeon Nox, and it is impressive.

There's a couple of issues I've stumbled upon, which I am hoping someone could tell me is just me configuring something wrong, and hopefully also how to configure it right Wink

I usually set screensaver to fanart, and dim during playback. However I've noticed that when it's set to dim, when starting the movie again, it doesn't undim? I have to quit XBMC to reset the light (undim it).

Also enabling animated backgrounds seem like it takes a lot of juice. When I exit screensaver and go to the homescreen (or any other screen with animated background) everything stutters for a couple of seconds and the UI is very slow responding. It's running of a SSD disk so disk spinup isn't the issue.

Keep up the good work, definitely my favorite skin.
I don't have control over the dim screensaver afaik. But I use that setting also and don't have any problems with it.
You are using windows, right? I have these problems myself also on windows with the stutter sometimes coming back on homescreen. Never related to animated backgrounds...will investigate this.
Shinu Wrote:a few things i've noticed...

- when viewing the list recently added movies in the home-screen (widget), pressing left causes the trailer to play, as well as pressing right.

- for tv shows, only the landscape view has the option to change the layout. and the "TV show logo" layout shows no series info.

- noticed that the "back" icon was removed from a number of playlist views. not sure if this was a design choice.

also, are u still going to make a "Now Playing" widget like I requested? *crosses fingers*

and is it possible for the showcase and dvd case views to have a movie fallback to the "full plot" if "plot outline" isn't available?
The conditional onleft/onright are a nightmare to code, this should be fixed now. if you find some more please let me know. It is nice to have a lot of options, but it's impossible for me to test them all...
I cannot reproduce the layout and missing series info. they show fine on all infopanel views, except bannerplex now that I think of it.

I didn't remove any back icons afaik. Could you give a specific example so I can look into it?

The now playing info is still on my to do list, I've been quite busy lately with cleaning up the settings menu while still keeping all the options and making most of them on the home window accessible. When I'm done with cleaning all that up, I'll have a look Smile

- Martijn - 2011-10-16

Big_Noid Wrote:You are using windows, right? I have these problems myself also on windows with the stutter sometimes coming back on homescreen. Never related to animated backgrounds...will investigate this.

If you have any more info on this please post them in them here. Maybe CrystelP (or other dev) can find a solution.
I'v been trying to figure this out and and now i'm running a completely clean portable install to see what's causing this. Could it have something to do with populating the multiimage control?

- Shinu - 2011-10-16

Big_Noid Wrote:The conditional onleft/onright are a nightmare to code, this should be fixed now. if you find some more please let me know. It is nice to have a lot of options, but it's impossible for me to test them all...
I cannot reproduce the layout and missing series info. they show fine on all infopanel views, except bannerplex now that I think of it.

I didn't remove any back icons afaik. Could you give a specific example so I can look into it?

The now playing info is still on my to do list, I've been quite busy lately with cleaning up the settings menu while still keeping all the options and making most of them on the home window accessible. When I'm done with cleaning all that up, I'll have a look Smile

It never ceases to amaze me how fast you fix bugs Noid. Nod No rush for the requested widget. I'm just glad you're doing it at all. Here's the issues I referred to...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"24" is the first series in the list, but there's no back button above it. It would re-appear after changing and option, such as the layout style, but if I were to back out to the main screen, it would disappear again. It's also missing for the Showcase and DVD Case views. And the info is also missing in this layout. At first I thought these issues only occurred in TV Show playlists, but they also happen in the library view.

Something else I've noticed. Not a big deal, but the fanart layout now shows the image in its native aspect ratio instead of zooming to fit the 16:9 window. Some of the images I've used for older series have fanart with 4:3 ratios, so this looks weird when not zoomed in. Also, The "New" flag doesn't seem to show when enabled.

- Xaranx - 2011-10-17

I've noticed the missing back icon as well, i don't think it's aeon specific, all skins I've tried today have this so I'm inclined to think its a general xbox bug or design decision. I would like to have it back as well, hitting back on the remote takes me back to the home screen. I looked everywhere in options but I don't see it, even in confluence, which is the default skin I believe?

Anyway, for my Aeon Nox bug, I just installed this skin for the first time (using the repo in the OP), and when I go to play a movie or tv show, the screen just freezes (at the library view), I can hear the video in the background, but am unable to do anything in XBMC with remote or keyboard. Only thing I can do is alt tab and close xbmc. Haven't had the issue with other skins I tried afterwards, but I really liked the look of ths one.

I'm running on a revo 3610 w/ xbmc nightly from two days ago, from an unraid server.

- PatOso - 2011-10-17

You can add an icon view in every screen?Nerd

- Carl_bennetts - 2011-10-17

Hi,

I'm very new to XBMC. I have setup a kids playlist and would like this to autostart when XBMC loads. I can see where i turn on Enable Autostart Playlist when XBMC starts but when i try and browse for the family.xml (playlist i've created) it can't see that file. It is only showing folders not files?

Basically i want XBMC to start up and go straight to my Family movie playlist. Deisgned to work for my kids/wife Smile

Any help would be good

Thanks,

Carl

Maybe i'm looking at the playlist wrong. I've found where i can get the play list to autostart now in the gui file but i'm after a video list at startup. So it goes to my Family playlist but shows the movies inside and doesn't start playing as soon as xbmc opens?

- Maxoo - 2011-10-17

Hi !

That edited episode view is awesome if you have poster season thumb, not so much if you have landscape ones.

Could it be possible to fallback to the show's poster if available and w/ a correct ratio ?
(I don't think a landscape season thumb would really fit in there).
Should I create an issue on github for this ? I know it's much easier for you to keep track then.