Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Smobbo - 2011-10-20

I've been using this skin for quite a long time now.
Every once in a while i try another skin, but i allways end up back here Smile

However during my testing of other skins i noticed something i would think benefits Aeon Nox!
The ability to edit the submenu content. I've been looking and searching if this has come up earlier in the thread but i didn't find anything.

For example, in the Films submenu i only want 'files' to be present, so i can find the occasional film that isn't scraped (often a dutch film or comedian in my case). However, files isn't present in the submenu, so i have to re-add Videos via the skin menu to find files in the submenu of Videos.

Is it a good idea to add this option?

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-20

There's an addon for missing movies. I don't understand how it works though. Had it installed, but I couldn't find my missing movies. If Nox can't help, this may be a workaround: press flatten in the context menu of your movie database, this brings you back to file view. Then you can manually search for the missing movies.

- Reginald - 2011-10-20

@Big_Noid - Here are a couple logs from my testing.

This log has some of the stuff prior to the error just in case you see something in it that is causing this.

This Log is just the error.

Now I can not get Nox to play a single episode. Let me know if showing the debug log from Confluence will help at all and I will upload it.

Thanks!

- sergiocos - 2011-10-20

Music Fanart 'Now Playing' works only for 'extrafanart' files (fanart.jpg is ignored and default backdrops displayed in main menu)

- BigNoid - 2011-10-20

Reginald Wrote:@Big_Noid - Here are a couple logs from my testing.

This log has some of the stuff prior to the error just in case you see something in it that is causing this.

This Log is just the error.

Now I can not get Nox to play a single episode. Let me know if showing the debug log from Confluence will help at all and I will upload it.

Thanks!

Do you mind testing something? Could you delete this line in MyVideoNav.xml (720p folder) and see if that improves anything:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DontRunTVShowScripts))">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>

- BigNoid - 2011-10-20

ugotd8 Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, still loving this skin, great work & thank you. Now on the latest nightly with SVN version of this skin and working flawless.

I have a question for you though, after reading nearly this entire thread, is it safe to assume that there will never be a RightList view for the movies ? The last mention of it in this thread someone asked if danofun's mod would still work in the new SVN version and your response was probably not.

My SO likes the movie titles in a vertical text list, and I like the fanart, RightList view is the perfect compromise for us. :-)

I'm not completely helpless with modding xml files, but I'm rather lost on views and windowIDs. Could you point me in the right direction here ? Maybe replacing one of the views we don't use with danofun's view ?
Atm I have so much on my to do list that I can't help you out with this, sry
dsim Wrote:In List view for music is the cover not reflected and not with rounded corners as in the low list. could it be fixed, that in the list view there are rounded corners on covers and reflected also? as in the low list?

thank you...
It is reflected, although not so much. I had rounded covers at some point, but removed them. I'll dig through some old code.
Thiele Wrote:Hi Noid,

I just updated Nox to 1318977650 using passion repro. I still have the same issues. Even when disabling fan art and a few view types Nox keeps crashing when browsing my movie collection and switching view types. Back to my previous post, even opening simple things like the settings menu take longer compared to Confluence. It's strange, isn't it, because I know you're basically using the same code.

Makes me wondering, is the Nox version I'm using the right one? Because the first post in this thread says there is a SVN and a Eden-pre version, but the passion repro only shows the SVN version. Sorry, it's not completely clear to me. Maybe there is a difference between the two. Also, I always see the Avatar background for Movies in your screenshots, but I still have a Watchmen background, or is that just something you manually changed?
Avatar background is the old one. If even the settings menu takes a long time to open I don't know what's wrong. Today I tested on my old laptop with affinity set to 1 core at 1,86 GHz and I still didn't experience these issues. I don't know what I can do.
Hack_kid Wrote:found a bug, with the now playing music widget on home screen. where it shows the next 5 tracks if you have tv shows or movies selected so the recently added widget is visable, well the next 5 tracks dont slide away like they use to or whatever they are still visable

edit: also forgot to mention so there is no way i can have media on a share but the cdart local? that kinda sucks. why can the clearlogos have a path definded but not the cdart. seems like it would be an easy fix. i.e. the cearlogos go in a folder named after the artist. well why cant we make nox look in those same folder for a folder called %Album_Name% then a image called cdart.png inside of it. doesnt seem hard to code and would save me from putting 10+ gb of music on my htpc. i like to keep media on another pc so i always have the option of clean wipe or even the pc blowing up without me losing anything. if you could incorperate this it would be great. just make it look in whatever folder you set in path to music library in the skins settings
Codewise it's no problem. The problem is that I want to have compatibility with the cdart manager script and that script fetches these in the album directory.
dascmo Wrote:@Big_Noid

+1 for the right list view addition. Wink
Feel free to make a mod :p (Really, I don't want any more views standard in the skin)
Smobbo Wrote:I've been using this skin for quite a long time now.
Every once in a while i try another skin, but i allways end up back here Smile

However during my testing of other skins i noticed something i would think benefits Aeon Nox!
The ability to edit the submenu content. I've been looking and searching if this has come up earlier in the thread but i didn't find anything.

For example, in the Films submenu i only want 'files' to be present, so i can find the occasional film that isn't scraped (often a dutch film or comedian in my case). However, files isn't present in the submenu, so i have to re-add Videos via the skin menu to find files in the submenu of Videos.

Is it a good idea to add this option?
It is a good idea, but the thing that always stopped me from doing so is that it will require a big extra screen in the skin settings and that screen is already a big mess, or it was a big mess, I cleaned most up last two weeks. You can always set video files to a favorite and add that to submenu of movies or tvshows.
sergiocos Wrote:Music Fanart 'Now Playing' works only for 'extrafanart' files (fanart.jpg is ignored and default backdrops displayed in main menu)
That was never a feature, but I think I can add that.

- Martijn - 2011-10-21

Big_Noid Wrote:Codewise it's no problem. The problem is that I want to have compatibility with the cdart manager script and that script fetches these in the album directory.
Well I think if we ask Giftie he may add it as an option to save the cdart to the specified folder instead of along with the music.
Quote:It is a good idea, but the thing that always stopped me from doing so is that it will require a big extra screen in the skin settings and that screen is already a big mess, or it was a big mess, I cleaned most up last two weeks.
Maybe look at how Marcos solved this. It is clean and relatively simple to use and no clutter. You will actually clean up the "home window option" and maybe more as a bonus. It may be only a hell to get it coded. It may give you some ideas

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-21

Big_noid I see Nembutal I almost think that the fact that cdat manager only looks there might be a bug because the settings make it seem as though it will save them in the folder you specify I'm using nfs and there is for sure a performance hit on them loading kinda makes it look tacky oh well on to bug the cdaetmanager author lol Smile

- Thiele - 2011-10-21

Big_Noid Wrote:Avatar background is the old one. If even the settings menu takes a long time to open I don't know what's wrong. Today I tested on my old laptop with affinity set to 1 core at 1,86 GHz and I still didn't experience these issues. I don't know what I can do.

Has anybody running Aeon Nox on Apple TV 2? Are you experiencing the same issues? Please let me know.

Noid, except from the loading time, do you have any clue why it's keep crashing? If you need a log or something, please let me know. Because it's keep crashing I can't play any movies, that's something that bother's me. I actually don't care that much about the loading time, but I would like to use this skin so much, and I can't if it's keep crashing. Thanks.

- Shinu - 2011-10-21

can see an option to choose bannerplex in the new view mode selection menu.

- Banditt - 2011-10-21

@hack Kid

I had the same issue as you with the CDart. Here's my workaround:

I will assue you have "vinyl" record set as the default image. If you are using bluray or default just look for the different lines - they are like one apart.

1) Within CDArt Manager, set your backup format to /artist - album.jpg
2) Within CDArt Manager, Go to Advanced > cdArt Backup > Backup cdART Files. You will now have all your CDart in one folder.
3) Open Includes.xml in your skin.aeon.nox/720p directory. Around line 712 you will see
Code:
<texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png</texture>
Change it to:
Code:
<texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">C:\PathToCDArt\$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] - $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
This will change the spinning art on the home page to the one currently playing.

4) Scroll down a few lines to:
Code:
<include name="vinylartlibrary">
    <texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path]cdart.png</texture>
  </include>
and change it to:
Code:
    <texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">C:\PathToCDArt\$INFO[ListItem.Artist] - $INFO[ListItem.Album].png</texture>
  </include>

This will change it to the current one in the list. Do the same with the one: "vinylartlibraryalbums" a few lines down.

This is just my complete hack-job at it but it works.

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-21

I'm a little confused where do I put the,cdart and how does that code change where it looks for cdart break it down for me would ya

edit sorry was on smart phone now i see it is there any way i can instead of making it a hard path would make it specail://profile or whatever is that how i do it?

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-21

Banditt Wrote:@hack Kid

I had the same issue as you with the CDart. Here's my workaround:

I will assue you have "vinyl" record set as the default image. If you are using bluray or default just look for the different lines - they are like one apart.

1) Within CDArt Manager, set your backup format to /artist - album.jpg
2) Within CDArt Manager, Go to Advanced > cdArt Backup > Backup cdART Files. You will now have all your CDart in one folder.
3) Open Includes.xml in your skin.aeon.nox/720p directory. Around line 712 you will see
Code:
<texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png</texture>
Change it to:
Code:
<texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">C:\PathToCDArt\$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] - $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>
This will change the spinning art on the home page to the one currently playing.

4) Scroll down a few lines to:
Code:
    <texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path]cdart.png</texture>
  </include>
and change it to:
Code:
    <texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/vinyl.png">C:\PathToCDArt\$INFO[ListItem.Artist] - $INFO[ListItem.Album].png</texture>
  </include>

This will change it to the current one in the list. Do the same with the one: "vinylartlibraryalbums" a few lines down.

This is just my complete hack-job at it but it works.

i tryed this but i cant get it to work heres what i got as an example

Code:
        <texture background="true" fallback="common/cdart/default.png">/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/cdart/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] - $INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png</texture>

but its not working for some reason. are file names case sensitive, big noid could you chime in here

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-21

ha got it! it is case sensitive

- Hack_kid - 2011-10-21

where did bannerplex view go i cant select it anymore!!!!