Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox (/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- lowfi - 2011-11-04 16:35

I have an issue with posters/banners artwork in tv bannerwall view. Im using xbmc eden (04-11-2011 build) with latest nox SVN.

Please have a look at this:

[Image: banner1.jpg]
general skin settings: use posters instead of banners for tv shows off

[Image: banner2.jpg]
general skin settings: use posters instead of banners for tv shows on

These are osx screenshots but i have the same issue in xbmclive.

Is there something i am doing wrong here?

- BigNoid - 2011-11-04 20:53

Bengualas Wrote:Strange behaviour... maybe a bug?

I don't know if this is related with the skin or XBMC itself but like in Confluence I can't configure the view this way can't verify.

If the option "show parent folder items" is enabled I lose the "season thumb" in chapter view. With the option off the thumb is correctly show. As my english is not very good I attach some caps:

Great job! The skin is getting better everyday.
Haven't noticed this myself but I'll look into it.
peppe_sr Wrote:looking around i found the rounds corners but not in the place where do i want.
i would like to use them in music-view list.
peppe
Okay, I'll add that to my to do list.
frodo19 Wrote:Hungarian lang update.. thanx szape..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxdxvf
Added - thx!
PatOso Wrote:A picture is worth a thousand words:

[Image: viewdvd.jpg]
Remove a line of text can be a solution.

Aeon Nox is very fast, this skin is AWESOME.
THANK BIG_NOIDLaugh
I'll try to fix this. It's even worse on BD/DVD Cases without flow Sad
lowfi Wrote:I have an issue with posters/banners artwork in tv bannerwall view. Im using xbmc eden (04-11-2011 build) with latest nox SVN.

Please have a look at this:

general skin settings: use posters instead of banners for tv shows off

general skin settings: use posters instead of banners for tv shows on

These are osx screenshots but i have the same issue in xbmclive.

Is there something i am doing wrong here?
With both screenshots the skin doesn't look at the downloaded artwork. See it like this:
If you have enabled Prefer Posters in the TVDB scraper enable Use Posters instead of Banners. If not, don't enable the setting.
Seems to me though that Sons of Anarchy doesn't have a native thumb assigned to it. Try to do that with Get thumb in the tv info.

- fional - 2011-11-04 21:41

DigiTech Wrote:Just pause a movie or tv serie when is playing and that menu will appear then search for video settings, subtitles, enable or disable and then select apply for all movies and that will be the default everytime you play a movie or tv.

Will this impact the selected audio stream?

I ask because like my tv shows are usually 2/0 ac3 stereo, but I obviously don't want that to impact my movies?

Really, I just want the enable subtitles to be disabled by default.

Will that "set as default for all movies" impact that option?

Thanks for the help Smile I feel a bit lost, since I've been away for a few weeks Smile

- Martijn - 2011-11-04 21:50

fional Wrote:Will this impact the selected audio stream?

I ask because like my tv shows are usually 2/0 ac3 stereo, but I obviously don't want that to impact my movies?

Really, I just want the enable subtitles to be disabled by default.

Will that "set as default for all movies" impact that option?

Thanks for the help Smile I feel a bit lost, since I've been away for a few weeks Smile

I am afraid it does effect all settings available in that option list.
In what way it effects the audio stream i'm not sure. Maybe it uses the stream number instead of the description.
For example it will always use stream 1 neglecting if it is 2.0 or 5.1 and so on.

Maybe some one else has a definitive answer

@everyone

The extrafanartdownloader can now fill in those empty image spots in the infopanel

Example of extrathumbs (the 4 small images next to the info)
[Image: screenshot013le.png]

- dsim - 2011-11-04 22:26

@Big_Noid, as all over in xbmc no skin is optimized for music as well. only in aoen nox it is good but not perfect... for songs there are showcase view, cd cover view, info wall view, where is no song marked as playing song with information about to what i'm listening.

Now I can see all over in xbmc, doesn't matter which skin, only infos about they birthday, biography...

it would be very nice, if you can add on song level for showcase and cd cover view in the INFOPANEL on the left side (because is now empty) the:

NR. [now playing (the selected song is at the bottom)] Song Time
________
Interpret
________
Album
________
Year
________
Codec

in this case showcase and cd cover view would be usefull also for music listening.

also in showcase for songs the infopanel doesn't show if it is enabled. where i can change this that the infopanel shows on songs level?? maybe can someone tell me in which xml file, and on which line. so please!

I also would like to add the infos. maybe can someone tell me in which files i can add this...

i made a lot of changes in AEON65, but in aeon nox, something is different, so i have not orientation...

it would also be better on artis level and album level, to show genre from my collection and not from last.fm... because there are idiots they, add false and racism genre words for some artists...

p.s.the great option would be the playing song would have a rotated cdart, so if I scroll to other songs, i can see which is "marked" with the cdart...

thank you!

- BigNoid - 2011-11-04 22:38

dsim Wrote:@Big_Noid, as all over in xbmc no skin is optimized for music as well. only in aoen nox it is good but not perfect... for songs there are showcase view, cd cover view, info wall view, where is no song marked as playing song with information about to what i'm listening.

Now I can see all over in xbmc, doesn't matter which skin, only infos about they birthday, biography...

it would be very nice, if you can add on song level for showcase and cd cover view in the INFOPANEL on the left side (because is now empty) the:

NR. [now playing (the selected song is at the bottom)] Song Time
________
Interpret
________
Album
________
Year
________
Codec

in this case showcase and cd cover view would be usefull also for music listening.

also in showcase for songs the infopanel doesn't show if it is enabled. where i can change this that the infopanel shows on songs level?? maybe can someone tell me in which xml file, and on which line. so please!

I also would like to add the infos. maybe can someone tell me in which files i can add this...

i made a lot of changes in AEON65, but in aeon nox, something is different, so i have not orientation...

p.s.the great option would be the playing song would have a rotated cdart, so if I scroll to other songs, i can see which is "marked" with the cdart...

thank you!
I agree showcase is not optimized on songs level. The infopanel is not available there. This is probably because the personal use of Aeon Nox. i use mostly List and Low List view for songs. I especially like List view for songs. These two view modes also have the rotating cdart you mentioned.
I'll see if I can make showcase songs a bit better. If you have a github account, could you make a issue there so i do not forget?
This skin has been built from an entirely different base as Aeon65. I use a lot of ideas from that skin, but most code has been rewritten from scratch Smile

- dsim - 2011-11-05 00:20

Big_Noid Wrote:I agree showcase is not optimized on songs level. The infopanel is not available there. This is probably because the personal use of Aeon Nox. i use mostly List and Low List view for songs. I especially like List view for songs. These two view modes also have the rotating cdart you mentioned.
I'll see if I can make showcase songs a bit better. If you have a github account, could you make a issue there so i do not forget?
This skin has been built from an entirely different base as Aeon65. I use a lot of ideas from that skin, but most code has been rewritten from scratch Smile

How is now, infopanel in showcase i not needed, but if I use showcase for songs, no song is marked. therefor was my idea to show infopanel and the information about now playing song. just instead of, director, writer, country, imdb rating for movies. on this place. that would be nice...

i tell you why is this showcase option great... i made only some new graphics for aeon nox. i made showcase_floor new more in white and 3D. so the covers and all looks like 3D. and now showcase is great for songs.

as i can see i can not directly upload images, i will upload then on a image hoster...

- yukky - 2011-11-05 05:01

Big_Noid Wrote:
yukky Wrote:Hi Big_Noid,

Thanks for all your great work on the skin. I'm running the SVN version of the skin, and noticed a freeze bug introduced about a week ago.

When using an addon such as YouTube or Vimeo, and using the search function, a freeze occurs.

This only occurs when creating a new search. Using an already-made search does not reproduce the freeze.

Steps:
1. Start YouTube or Vimeo
2. Enter Search menu
3. Create a new search
--- Keyboard screen appears
4. Enter some text
5. Submit
--- Keyboard screen disappears
--- Loading notification appears
--- Freeze (throbber stops spinning)

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Yeah I had this also, but I figured it was the youtube add-on. Will investigate some more.

Hi,

I've discovered that by disabling script.tv.show.next.aired, the freeze does not occur, and the search function works in YouTube and Vimeo.

I disabled script.tv.show.next.aired by deleting it from my personal and shared addons directory in my filesystem.

XBMC: Pre-11.0 GIT:20111030-28B4457
Aeon Nox SVN: 1320445253
script.tv.show.next.aired: 4.1.1

Edit: I disabled it the proper way via the XBMC interface, and search continues to work fine. As an added side-effect, it seems the logo downloader function (Info -> Get Logo) seems more stable for me as well, as I was encountering random freezes there as well.

- PatOso - 2011-11-05 08:32

Same thing happens to me.

- BigNoid - 2011-11-05 09:13

dsim Wrote:How is now, infopanel in showcase i not needed, but if I use showcase for songs, no song is marked. therefor was my idea to show infopanel and the information about now playing song. just instead of, director, writer, country, imdb rating for movies. on this place. that would be nice...

i tell you why is this showcase option great... i made only some new graphics for aeon nox. i made showcase_floor new more in white and 3D. so the covers and all looks like 3D. and now showcase is great for songs.

as i can see i can not directly upload images, i will upload then on a image hoster...
Yeah, pictures please!
yukky Wrote:Hi,

I've discovered that by disabling script.tv.show.next.aired, the freeze does not occur, and the search function works in YouTube and Vimeo.

I disabled script.tv.show.next.aired by deleting it from my personal and shared addons directory in my filesystem.

XBMC: Pre-11.0 GIT:20111030-28B4457
Aeon Nox SVN: 1320445253
script.tv.show.next.aired: 4.1.1

Edit: I disabled it the proper way via the XBMC interface, and search continues to work fine. As an added side-effect, it seems the logo downloader function (Info -> Get Logo) seems more stable for me as well, as I was encountering random freezes there as well.
You're right. Kudos for finding this. I made a workaround just now. If you enter the video add-ons through the videos submenu it will not crash anymore and you don't have to disable next aired. I can't do this for the tv shows library though or it will loose the next aired data.

- peppe_sr - 2011-11-05 12:18

Big_Noid Wrote:
Quote:Originally Posted by peppe_sr
looking around i found the rounds corners but not in the place where do i want.
i would like to use them in music-view list.
peppe
Okay, I'll add that to my to do list.

great.
in this moment i'm focused on set my music library (movies and pictures work as how i want).
watching other skins, particularly confluence i saw a icon view in music level. if i try to set in aeon nox it doesn't start.
could you set that view.
i would also for this view the round corner icons and it would be always square and not related to the image i use as cover for the cds (as icon view in video mode).
another idea could be using the "cd case" instead of the "round corner icons". but i don't know how it appears.
i now that i'm boring.......Rolleyes
thank a lot.
peppe

- yukky - 2011-11-05 12:29

Big_Noid Wrote:You're right. Kudos for finding this. I made a workaround just now. If you enter the video add-ons through the videos submenu it will not crash anymore and you don't have to disable next aired. I can't do this for the tv shows library though or it will loose the next aired data.

I have Vimeo and Youtube added as "Favourite Shortcuts." Will this commit solve the problem when launched from there as well?

Add favourite to main menu:
Favourite button 1: ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.vimeo",return)
Favourite button 2: ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube",return)

- szape - 2011-11-05 12:47

frodo19 Wrote:Hungarian lang update.. thanx szape..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qxdxvf

Please insert this string to correct the "timer" translation under the shutdown menu:
<string id="31856">Időzítő</string>

The 2 "újraindítás" is an error in the XBMC translation.

And there is also a translation error in XBMC:
<string id="33054">Évszak</string> is wrong.
The correct is: <string id="33054">Évad</string>

- frodo19 - 2011-11-05 13:04

szape Wrote:Please insert this string to correct the "timer" translation under the shutdown menu:
<string id="31856">Időzítő</string>
The 2 "újraindítás" is an error in the XBMC translation.
And there is also a translation error in XBMC:
<string id="33054">Évszak</string> is wrong.
The correct is: <string id="33054">Évad</string>

Thats not possible to make in the Aeon nox lang file...

Xbmc lang.xml owerwrite the skin translation file.

Contact to xbmc translators...

- ReducedToZero - 2011-11-05 13:07

Yesterday it looks like weather.com locked their API down. Lovely people clearly.

See here for details.

Using Weather Plus with Accuweather as a workaround gives the main weather overview back. Although on clicking 'weather' for more details, I'm already missing the simplicity and cleanness of the standard screen.

'Noid, don't know if you can do anything about it but, oddly, this addon also doesn't seem to feed the omnipresent weather and temp which usually appears in the info bar.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.7
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.