Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- hunkyn - 2011-11-26

BN, something changed today in the skin. the background is gone in the skin. I will try to get some screenshots if possible tonight.

Thanks

- jasonwc - 2011-11-26

The skin is really amazing but I'm having a weird issue with the Showcase view in TV mode (same view works perfectly for Movies). Most of the posters are stretched. I've used the same view in Aeon MQ3 and I don't have the issue. I've uploaded a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm running yesterday's nightly Eden build on Windows 7 and am using the Aeon Nox SVN from the Passion XBMC repository.

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-26

PatOso Wrote:Big_Noid, Is possible have all time the weather icon Imageon the main menu bar even when the widget is disabled?

I was about to ask the same thing. Maybe split up the weather widget options into on the weather screen and menu bar, or menu bar only. I have all these beautiful 1080p weather wallpapers and they get obscured by the weather widget now.

Another question:

I had Nox configured before the new menu editor and had a favorite to a vpl of a subsection of all my tv shows (to split anime and tvshows), because back then, there was no option to add a vpl directly to the main menu. It still works, but I can't reconfigure it, or I don't know how. When the configure option comes (default or custom favorite), nothing happens when I press custom favorite. This is for all my options btw (music, movies, pictures), so I guess I'm just doing something wrong. The favorite menu item works, so my favourites.xml file should be okay right?. I did do a little editing in it, replaced hard coded paths with special://home since I have a portable installation.

- BigNoid - 2011-11-26

PatOso Wrote:Big_Noid, Is possible have all time the weather icon on the main menu bar even when the widget is disabled?
Okay, will add a separate option for the widget.
luckyy Wrote:Just wanted to thank Big_Noid for the best skin XBMC has ever had! That is all Big Grin
I know I don't respond to every post like this but I always enjoy reading these Smile
hunkyn Wrote:BN, something changed today in the skin. the background is gone in the skin. I will try to get some screenshots if possible tonight.

Thanks
I don't have any problems?
jasonwc Wrote:The skin is really amazing but I'm having a weird issue with the Showcase view in TV mode (same view works perfectly for Movies). Most of the posters are stretched. I've used the same view in Aeon MQ3 and I don't have the issue. I've uploaded a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm running yesterday's nightly Eden build on Windows 7 and am using the Aeon Nox SVN from the Passion XBMC repository.
That is because you have native banners as tvshow thumb. Maybe I will add poster.jpg for showcase later in time.
Raytestrak Wrote:Another question:

I had Nox configured before the new menu editor and had a favorite to a vpl of a subsection of all my tv shows (to split anime and tvshows), because back then, there was no option to add a vpl directly to the main menu. It still works, but I can't reconfigure it, or I don't know how. When the configure option comes (default or custom favorite), nothing happens when I press custom favorite. This is for all my options btw (music, movies, pictures), so I guess I'm just doing something wrong. The favorite menu item works, so my favourites.xml file should be okay right?. I did do a little editing in it, replaced hard coded paths with special://home since I have a portable installation.
VPL could always be added to main menu even before favorites Wink
Make sure you have the latest version of script.favourites. Mine didn't update automatically also.

Showcase for latest episodes - BigNoid - 2011-11-26

Since I basically wish that all views could be showcase, I made showcase available for recently added episodes. Known limitation is that if you don't have a poster.jpg for a tv show you will see some weird flickering on the fallback thumb while browsing, so make sure you run logo downloader.

Screenshot:

Big_Noid Wrote:VPL could always be added to main menu even before favorites Wink
Make sure you have the latest version of script.favourites. Mine didn't update automatically also.

You're right, I meant VPL as a default for tvshows. You could only use a favorite for that. So that's why I had a favorite to a vpl. I was trying to see if there was a performance improvement by directly calling the vpl. Doesn't make a difference, but that's when I noticed my custom favorite not working. It's no problem since it's working, but it's still broken, even with the latest script.favourites.

I asked this already, but I haven't seen a response so I'll ask again. Can I make a favorite somehow to a default menu item like programs, so I can use it as a submenu?

- BigNoid - 2011-11-26

Raytestrak Wrote:You're right, I meant VPL as a default for tvshows. You could only use a favorite for that. So that's why I had a favorite to a vpl. I was trying to see if there was a performance improvement by directly calling the vpl. Doesn't make a difference, but that's when I noticed my custom favorite not working. It's no problem since it's working, but it's still broken, even with the latest script.favourites.

I asked this already, but I haven't seen a response so I'll ask again. Can I make a favorite somehow to a default menu item like programs, so I can use it as a submenu?

You're right. Will fix that.

Oh and for the programs section to be added to favorites you would have to manually add an activaewindow in your favourites.xml. There is currently no way of adding that through gui

- john.doe - 2011-11-26

Any chance of adding the lastest episodes and movies widget from Confluence? Or kinda like the movie poster widget you already have but for episodes.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's normal behaviour, but if a SVN update is pushed through while I watch a video, the picture freezes and sound continues and I have to restart the video.

And when that happens, it goes to "list" mode instead of the "low list" that I had enabled. And I can't select any other list modes without restarting XBMC.

Big_Noid Wrote:You're right. Will fix that.

Oh and for the programs section to be added to favorites you would have to manually add an activaewindow in your favourites.xml. There is currently no way of adding that through gui

I need a little more help than that Rolleyes

Already looked if there was a skinner's guide on the wiki to find out what the default activewindow options are, but couldn't find them.

Is there an overview somewhere?

- BigNoid - 2011-11-26

john.doe Wrote:Any chance of adding the lastest episodes and movies widget from Confluence? Or kinda like the movie poster widget you already have but for episodes.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's normal behaviour, but if a SVN update is pushed through while I watch a video, the picture freezes and sound continues and I have to restart the video.

And when that happens, it goes to "list" mode instead of the "low list" that I had enabled. And I can't select any other list modes without restarting XBMC.
I have a watchlist script poster widget for episodes. I could add it also for recent episodes.
Don't know about the update issue.
Raytestrak Wrote:I need a little more help than that Rolleyes

Already looked if there was a skinner's guide on the wiki to find out what the default activewindow options are, but couldn't find them.

Is there an overview somewhere?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

Code:
<favourite name="Programs">ActivateWindow(10001)</favourite>
should work.

Do I feel like a cross eyed dumbass ... Thank BN.

Now for the next part, just noticed this now, there is no option to add favorites to SYSTEM Laugh

Could you add this to the skin? It looks like adding a favorite to programs results in some strange behavior. Favorites works fine though. I think it's a xbmc issue, not skin related.

- john.doe - 2011-11-26

Big_Noid Wrote:I have a watchlist script poster widget for episodes. I could add it also for recent episodes.

Please do. Smile

- hunkyn - 2011-11-26

BN, I rolled back to the previous version and re updated the addon and i do not have any problems. I am guessing the latest update failed and that might have been the issue.

- jasonwc - 2011-11-26

Quote:That is because you have native banners as tvshow thumb. Maybe I will add poster.jpg for showcase later in time.

Yeah, the setting that fixes the issue on MQ3 is "Use Poster.jpg for TV Series". I thought that was equivalent to the "Use 'posters' instead of 'banners' for TV Shows" in Nox.

- BigNoid - 2011-11-26

jasonwc Wrote:Yeah, the setting that fixes the issue on MQ3 is "Use Poster.jpg for TV Series". I thought that was equivalent to the "Use 'posters' instead of 'banners' for TV Shows" in Nox.

It's not a fix because it's not a bug. I prefer to not load external images if it can be avoided, other skins have different ideas.