Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- parrydave - 2011-12-09

Sorry I meant smartplaylist. I set up a smartplaylist that excludes some genres (e.g. music, kids etc) to leave me with just my movies. I then added the smartplaylist as a favorite, then linked the favorite to the movies menu item. When i click the menu item the movies begin playing.

I've added new smartplaylist items on the menu to take me to smartplaylists for "music" genre etc, and these work fine, opening for browsing when clicked. These are direct links to the smartplaylist, not via a favorite.

I'll double-check everything tonight.

Thanks
Dave

- BigNoid - 2011-12-09

parrydave Wrote:Sorry I meant smartplaylist. I set up a smartplaylist that excludes some genres (e.g. music, kids etc) to leave me with just my movies. I then added the smartplaylist as a favorite, then linked the favorite to the movies menu item. When i click the menu item the movies begin playing.

I've added new smartplaylist items on the menu to take me to smartplaylists for "music" genre etc, and these work fine, opening for browsing when clicked. These are direct links to the smartplaylist, not via a favorite.

I'll double-check everything tonight.

Thanks
Dave
I dont think you have the latest favorites script, otherwise it would ask if you want your playlist to play or not.

always on music's fanart. - peppe_sr - 2011-12-09

i have scanned my music collection with all music's scaper so when an artist is recognized it is showed, during the music playback, through xbmc in the main menu. i have also the fanart.jpg file in all my artist folders. is there a way to show theese local fanart during music playback if the artist is not on the music scaper data base?
peppe

EDIT

problem......after last update of skin and xbmc the artists aren't showed in the main menu (video, music, pictures ecc...) during playback.
peppe

RE-EDIT

another thing i noticed.
i have a folder called soundtrack in the root i have a general fanart. the sub folders are called as the title of the films (for example pulp fiction). each folder has its own fanart.jpg. the strange thing is that i see always the fanart.jpg of the root also in the subfolders.
it's a bug or it is so?
peppe

- theGuillaume - 2011-12-09

Hello again.
I use a smartplaylist for my movies to excluse documentaries and some other stuff. If I have used the "Movies' from the main menu, I would have everything mixed together wich I don't want.
Everything's working the way I want, but, I lose the movie widgets by using a smartplaylist instead of the default home menu "Movies".
Is there a way to get the movie widgets show for my movie smartplaylist in the home menu?

Missing TvTunes button? - evilmurray - 2011-12-09

Hi have previously posted this in TvTunes forum, but was redirected to this post.

I am running XBMC (Aeon Nox theme) on iMac with OS X Lion. I have added theme.mp3 for all my TV shows via Tv Tunes Add-On, but it doesn't play when I browse through my list. When I enter TV show information, I can tell that a button is missing, not showing. There were no space here before I installed TV Tunes. I have not cluttered around manually with any settings files. Any tips? See screenshot…

- PatOso - 2011-12-09

Plis Big_Noid, You Can Change the name of "Pantalla Principal"
For "Inicio" ?.

- BadBradc - 2011-12-09

Hey Big Noid,

Amazing skin, thanks for all your work on this. I do have a question/suggestion:

Would it be possible to disable/enable the thumbnail in the "Low list" view mode when looking at Artists. I think it'd look cool to have only the fanart and logo with out a thumbnail on the left. If you need a screen shot just let me know, thanks!

- parrydave - 2011-12-10

Big_Noid Wrote:I dont think you have the latest favorites script, otherwise it would ask if you want your playlist to play or not.

Thanks Big Noid. That fixed it.

- BigNoid - 2011-12-10

PatOso Wrote:Plis Big_Noid, You Can Change the name of "Pantalla Principal"
For "Inicio" ?.
I will use a skin language id for that so you can translate to whatever fits best.
BadBradc Wrote:Would it be possible to disable/enable the thumbnail in the "Low list" view mode when looking at Artists. I think it'd look cool to have only the fanart and logo with out a thumbnail on the left. If you need a screen shot just let me know, thanks!
Of course it's possible, but i don't want to make an option for this. This would be something for a personal mod imo.

- PatOso - 2011-12-10

Big_Noid Wrote:I will use a skin language id for that so you can translate to whatever fits best.

Thanks, Big_Noid,
The skin gets better every day.

- BigNoid - 2011-12-11

peppe_sr Wrote:i have scanned my music collection with all music's scaper so when an artist is recognized it is showed, during the music playback, through xbmc in the main menu. i have also the fanart.jpg file in all my artist folders. is there a way to show theese local fanart during music playback if the artist is not on the music scaper data base?
peppe

EDIT

problem......after last update of skin and xbmc the artists aren't showed in the main menu (video, music, pictures ecc...) during playback.
peppe

RE-EDIT

another thing i noticed.
i have a folder called soundtrack in the root i have a general fanart. the sub folders are called as the title of the films (for example pulp fiction). each folder has its own fanart.jpg. the strange thing is that i see always the fanart.jpg of the root also in the subfolders.
it's a bug or it is so?
peppe
Fanart.jpg for artists is now alos supported in music viz. There was never fanart.jpg support for music in home screen, only the fanart image assigned by xbmc and extrafanart.
for the soundtracks I have to find out what's wrong.
theGuillaume Wrote:Hello again.
I use a smartplaylist for my movies to excluse documentaries and some other stuff. If I have used the "Movies' from the main menu, I would have everything mixed together wich I don't want.
Everything's working the way I want, but, I lose the movie widgets by using a smartplaylist instead of the default home menu "Movies".
Is there a way to get the movie widgets show for my movie smartplaylist in the home menu?
You can assign your smart playlist to your favorites and then assign the favorite as default action when opening movies.
evilmurray Wrote:Hi have previously posted this in TvTunes forum, but was redirected to this post.

I am running XBMC (Aeon Nox theme) on iMac with OS X Lion. I have added theme.mp3 for all my TV shows via Tv Tunes Add-On, but it doesn't play when I browse through my list. When I enter TV show information, I can tell that a button is missing, not showing. There were no space here before I installed TV Tunes. I have not cluttered around manually with any settings files. Any tips? See screenshot…
I'll have to dig up a dharma install to find out whats wrong. I'll let you know, but if it's wrong in the skin it won't get fixed for dharma anyway Sad

- oFredo - 2011-12-11

Guys,

I need some help in understanding how to customize the home menu.

I'm able to show/hide some entries and change their names through the nicely new layout but how do I select what favorite or smart playlist to use?

I was able to do some when this was done through the parameters menu (old fashioned way) but can't seem to find out now.

Thanks

- PatOso - 2011-12-11

Localized "Home window" so this can be translated apart from xbmc language

- <label>513</label>
284 + <label>31414</label>

Now perfect, thanks Big_NoidNod

- BigNoid - 2011-12-11

oFredo Wrote:Guys,

I need some help in understanding how to customize the home menu.

I'm able to show/hide some entries and change their names through the nicely new layout but how do I select what favorite or smart playlist to use?

I was able to do some when this was done through the parameters menu (old fashioned way) but can't seem to find out now.

Thanks
Make sure you have the correct versions of playlist and favorites script installed. Just scroll to vpl and fav items and click on them. A popup will show with playlist and favorites to select as your item.
PatOso Wrote:Now perfect, thanks Big_NoidNod
you're welcome

Featured items window - BigNoid - 2011-12-11

I was building this for my personal needs, but I'm quite pleased with the results so I'm thinking of adding this also to the skin if there is an interest for it (according to my wife it's useless :p)
This is a panel with the output of (almost) all widgets combined into one. you can scroll 5 items in each poster/thumb:

So why do I not just add it to the skin? Because it would mean another main menu item to disable/enable and another background etc. and the way I have it now setup is just modded my favourites.xml to open the custom window.