Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-12-20

Media Wrote:Found a bug,

I created a smart playlist that includes both Movies and TV shows, as a videos playlist.

When I add it as an item on the home screen it launches in a garbled (for lack of a better word) window.
Need some time to verify this.
dsync89 Wrote:Just discovered something in TVShow view.

When in the Episode view for TV Show with only one season, the poster displayed at the left is the tvshow poster instead of the season poster. Whereas for TVShow that have more than 1 season, the poster is displayed according to the season, just as it should be.
This is because there is only a thumb available for the whole container and not the listitem. Trac ticket already made.
dsync89 Wrote:Also is it possible to display different fanart according to the season. Only fallback to the tvshow fanart if season fanart is not available.
Yep this is available and should work out of the box if season extrafanart is disabled. Only works in season folders and the seaon folders should be named exactly how they appear in xbmc.
CutSickAss Wrote:I found a bug a few days ago, I don't know if it is just my PC, or if it has been mentioned earlier. When in the Posters or Shift viewtype, and if you have Darken the background enabled, pressing DOWN twice brings up the fanart, but not the entire dark panel is removed. It looks like this:
Fixed yesterday Smile
Thiele Wrote:Noid, did you find some time to look at my debug log? Thanks.
Nope, but will do.
dscraw4d Wrote:Hi!

Is there anyway to increase the custom favorites and playlist to 25? on the main menu, and the sub menu to have the same?

Also is to possible to have recently added movies and TV display a user set amount like 50-100 last added.. 25 is not enough because I tend to add content in great quantities

Thankyou!
In git version there's unlimited favourites (with version 3.xx of favourites script) and 50 playlists as of yesterday.
shaktoo Wrote:@Big Noid , since last git update my carousel view has screwed up, in TV Shows quite a lot of the posters are showing up as banners. And I have tried everything to resolve this , even reinstalling from scratch, deleting textures.db,redoing all the ( relevant ) skin settings refreshing info but this is persisting. I tired to reproduce this in any other skin but everything is perfect in any other skin except for Nox ? Any Ideas what's happening here ?
You should enable/disable use poster.jpg depending on what you scraped.
peppe_sr Wrote:here is my log.

i'd try to understand but i can't read it very well.
with the debug log activated i entered before in cartoon's folder through video-file-cartoon (immediately) and then through the shortcut from the mediabar (5 seconds). that's all.

in the mean time i'have to ask you another things, but i'm sure that it is not nox-related.
at the first start-up of my xbmc and only for the first media played (video or music) it starts without sound if i try to change the audio xbmc freeze for at least 10 seconds. after this period the media starts from the freezing point.
during the debug i have played a "a bug's life"
i'll serch something in the log but how i said i'm not a good debug log interpreter.
thanks al lot for yor help
Peppe
Need some time to look at this.
leepenny Wrote:Hi there I have created my own fanarts for my music and movie genres... The movie genre screens show up but the music ones dont..If I turn off 'allow extrafanart' on the options screen the genre fanarts work but then the extrafanarts on the home page don't appear. Has anyone else had a problem like this. (I'm using aeon nox NOT svn version)?? Yours very stuck and stumped.
Switch this code in mymusicnav.xml:
Code:
<control type="image">
        <include>CommonFanartVarsSingleScroll</include>
        <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/music/fanart/,.jpg]</texture>
        <visible>Container.Content(genres)</visible>
      </control>
      <control type="multiimage">
        <description>extrafanart</description>
        <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
        <randomize>false</randomize>
        <include>CommonFanartVars</include>
        <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,/extrafanart]</imagepath>
        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(musicextrafanart)</visible>
      </control>

so it looks like this:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
        <description>extrafanart</description>
        <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
        <randomize>false</randomize>
        <include>CommonFanartVars</include>
        <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtistsLogosPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,/extrafanart]</imagepath>
        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(musicextrafanart)</visible>
      </control>
      <control type="image">
        <include>CommonFanartVarsSingleScroll</include>
        <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/music/fanart/,.jpg]</texture>
        <visible>Container.Content(genres)</visible>
      </control>

- sergiocos - 2011-12-20

@leepenny: if you want to, maybe you can share your backdrops, i saw several for various artists that are amazing Smile

- leepenny - 2011-12-20

Thanks for the update of the .xml file just amended the file and works like a dream many thanks for the quick reply. Yours , very happy

- shaktoo - 2011-12-21

Aha.. found out the simple thorn in my side... recent change in settings use poster.jpg for poster type files was the cause as these files didnt have a poster.jpg at the root & hence the issue, all corrected & back to good ol' usual self ...

Improvement to the large fanart view? - PantsOnFire - 2011-12-21

Love the skin, love all the little changes you make as well. Just lately I noticed.. the lovely little easing animation you added to the main screen when you scroll movies to pictures, to music etc.. really nice.

IMO, I reckon the large fanart view layout could benefit from such a treatment. (the view layout in movies/tv show library where the art scrolls across the entire screen left-to-right/right-to-left). It's a really nice view I just think it looks a little lifeless on the scroll at the moment.

Could be nice?

top work as always.

- PatOso - 2011-12-21

Big_Noid, you have eliminated the scroll bar?

- BigNoid - 2011-12-21

@PantsOnFire: That was one of few lists I hadn't applied it on yet. Added just now and it's much better, thx for the idea Smile

@PatOso:
I was not happy that you could not see the titles when scrolling, so I attempted to make that better by making a slimmer scrollbar underneath the title:

Only thing that bugs me is that you can't see that you have focus on the scrollbar easily.

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

@BigNoid

Maybe i'm missing something but i don't see any scrollbar any more in several views and the scrollbar is still working

Note:
did you to try the fix i send you for AD so i can send it to repo?

- BigNoid - 2011-12-21

doh! forgot to add the textures again.
Yeah I'll test it as soon as I can get my daughter to go to sleep while mom's away.

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

Yeah that commit fixed Wink

- Rastan - 2011-12-21

Hi Big_Noid,

I love your skin!! and would also like to add that I have been using it for months without any problems what so ever. However I have been having some difficulties with it as of late. The memory consumption started going through the roof and I found myself having to force close XBMC to get it working again. (I normally have XBMC running for days on end without restarting).

I normally set XBMC to scan for new video and music content when it opens. But have noticed recently that the skin lags and the main menu text jumps around whilst it scans for new media. So I disabled the scans on start. But the lag is still there. The main menu text jumps around even when doing a manual scan (Maybe a bug?)

I then went on to disable the addons I thought might be interfering. I disabled TV Show - Next Aired, Trakt and TVTunes. I can now see a noticable difference. But it still lags a bit. I then followed your advice on your newly written FAQ and disabled unused viewtypes. Unfortunately that made little difference. The skin is nearly as fast as I am accustomed to it being but if you leave it idle for a few minutes the lag returns.

Also When I go into the main movie view and scroll the movies by keeping my finger on the right curser arrow there is some serious lag. The letters that are supposed to pop up lag e.g a,b,d,f,i instead of a,b,c,d etc.

I changed to another graphic intense skin Transparency! and I am able to scroll the movies as expected. No lag in menu's etc.

Either theres a addon thats messing up XBMC, theres a bug(s) in Aeon Nox or Aeon Nox has outgrown my PC's in the last couple weeks.

I am running XBMCSetup-20111210-f1ae0b6-master.exe 10-Dec-2011

My system spec is not great but I what of thought it would be more than enough to run your skin with no restrictions.

Graphics Card Radeon HD 5700 Series
AMD Athlon™ II X4 645 Processor 3.10 GHZ
RAM: 6GB

I'm just curious to what kind of spec yourself and other users have, who have no problems and have the skin running with all the bells and whistles.

Sorry about the long post. I'm just missing Aeon running as it used to Sad

I hope you can help.

I played a couple movies and moved about the menu's to deliberately create lag. Then started a scan to make the main menu jump. Watched the memory ride up then quit. LOG

- BigNoid - 2011-12-21

@ Rastan:
That's the watchlist script that's causing it. Could you try to remove the addon and see if that helps? (script.watchlist)
I'm running Nox on Athlon X2 3GHz on Ubuntu 10.04 btw with everything turned on and no slowdown whatsoever anywhere. And I'm not just saying that, cause the main reason for me to create this skin was to have a smooth experience while browsing the library in showcase view. And whenever i can't do that anymore I'm dropping everything to get that back Big Grin
Those specs should run Nox easily without issues.

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

I'm using an intel Core2,NVidia9400, Win7 64bit and SSD
The only thing i have is the stuttering when returning to home. Still no idea what the cause of that is. Probably something with loading files/network when returning to home.
I can leave it running for days without any problem.

- Martijn - 2011-12-21

@BigNoid
movie logo doesn't seem to work in:
stripshow / carousel / lowlist

Bug or intentional?

Scratch last one about smartplaylists.

- Rastan - 2011-12-21

Big_Noid Wrote:@ Rastan:
That's the watchlist script that's causing it. Could you try to remove the addon and see if that helps? (script.watchlist)
I'm running Nox on Athlon X2 3GHz on Ubuntu 10.04 btw with everything turned on and no slowdown whatsoever anywhere. And I'm not just saying that, cause the main reason for me to create this skin was to have a smooth experience while browsing the library in showcase view. And whenever i can't do that anymore I'm dropping everything to get that back Big Grin
Those specs should run Nox easily without issues.

Thanks for the reply and tip. Its rerassuring seeing that my specs are still up to date...LOL
I will remove the addon and see if that solves it. I have never seen XBMC eat so much memory!!

@Martijn A SSD is next on my list. I'll have to buy 2 and one of them needs to be at least 100GB to fit my C partition. I saw some speed comparisants on youtube and they made me a beliver Wink I'm going to wait a while though as the prices are ridiculous for the space and the flooding Thailand has made the prices even higher!