Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Martijn - 2012-03-03

PantsOnFire Wrote:Just noticed a small issue. Updated the skin via SVN today, noticed that the LP image on the now playing area seems to be orbiting! Big Grin It looks cool and definitely fits with what I was playing (music-wise!) - planet/space-related music Big Grin But overall I don't think it's supposed to happen Smile

The LP image doesn't rotate around it's central pivot (the hole in the middle of the record. Instead, it moves around a lot! Just thought I'd point it out.

You are not using a 16:9 display and Nox is only made for such a aspect ratio

- ninian - 2012-03-03

Big_Noid Wrote:That option is for trailer addon only, not for the trailer used with scraping your movies.

Was indeed removed in Eden. Edit favourites.xml manually. Code is somewhere in this thread.

Fixed that just now (the unmatched parentheses that is, don't know if it will fix your crashing as that doesn't happen on my end).

I downloaded latest from github and I still get the same issue with Featured causing XBMC to crash to Apple TV Menu. Here is the log, though I couldnt find anything error looking. http://pastebin.com/FEev3jkq

I am running ATV2 if it matters.

Also, I had the Aeon Nox SVN enabled but it had not seemed to update? Should it do this automatically, when does it do this? I ended up as I said above downloading from github and renaming the folder inside the .zip, but now the SVN version isnt the one installed.

Sorry if these questions are stupid, I try reading as much as possible before posting.

- drivesoslow - 2012-03-03

BN a couple of requests:

#1 The ability to disable the "Press RIGHT to see trailer" drop down.

#2 I use to be able to disable fan art in Movies, TV, Music, etc and get a red curtain, now when I disable fan art I get a match of what I have the Home screen item set to. Can we get the red curtain back (or am I being dumb and not seeing the option).

Thanks

- Macgyv - 2012-03-03

fional Wrote:I just noticed I get a weird message on the top about audio thru passthru cable, whenever I start a movie or tv show Sad I don't know why, it just is irritating me Big Grin I'm not so sure it's TVTunes related, but maybe.

Anyone else getting this at all?

I've got the same messages since Eden RC2 (I jumped from Beta 3 to RC2). I read somewhere they are "xbmc notifications" that the soun is "passthrough" but it's trully annoying and I didn't find a way to remove them.

Anyone has an idea of how we can get rid of them ?

PS: first message on the xbmc forums so I have to thanks the xbmc team and Big Noid for the amazing works they are doing. Thanks a lot !

i Cant Play movie Keep freezing help - Bosa - 2012-03-03

Hi I cant play movie,I have high speed Internet,But Soon as i start movie it Is freezing there is 2 Download Share file,One Of them Is Ok,Mega upload is freezing Can anyone Help? thank you

- Martijn - 2012-03-03

Macgyv Wrote:I've got the same messages since Eden RC2 (I jumped from Beta 3 to RC2). I read somewhere they are "xbmc notifications" that the soun is "passthrough" but it's trully annoying and I didn't find a way to remove them.

Anyone has an idea of how we can get rid of them ?

PS: first message on the xbmc forums so I have to thanks the xbmc team and Big Noid for the amazing works they are doing. Thanks a lot !

Possibly RC3 will get rid of that.

- BigNoid - 2012-03-03

ninian Wrote:I downloaded latest from github and I still get the same issue with Featured causing XBMC to crash to Apple TV Menu. Here is the log, though I couldnt find anything error looking. http://pastebin.com/FEev3jkq

I am running ATV2 if it matters.
That is probably the watchscript what's causing the crash. Can't help with that.
drivesoslow Wrote:BN a couple of requests:

#1 The ability to disable the "Press RIGHT to see trailer" drop down.

#2 I use to be able to disable fan art in Movies, TV, Music, etc and get a red curtain, now when I disable fan art I get a match of what I have the Home screen item set to. Can we get the red curtain back (or am I being dumb and not seeing the option).

Thanks
#1: Yeah, could do that.
#2: Removed that option as it was (imo) unneeded resource. If you really want it back you could set the curtains as tv show and movie background in home and enable the recently added fanarts for home. that way you have the curtains in the library and changing fanarts on home (or mod the skin yourself)

- noner - 2012-03-03

found an issue with the settings screen for tv guide

when the settings screen is selected from the menu, about a quarter of the settings screen is no longer visible (it goes off the tv screen)

the options in the settings and the buttons on the bottom for ok/cancel are off the main tv screen

the buttons can still be navigated to and clicked with a remote control but cant see which one is highlighted.

this is off the install from svn available in the passion repo

- BigNoid - 2012-03-03

noner Wrote:found an issue with the settings screen for tv guide

when the settings screen is selected from the menu, about a quarter of the settings screen is no longer visible (it goes off the tv screen)

the options in the settings and the buttons on the bottom for ok/cancel are off the main tv screen

the buttons can still be navigated to and clicked with a remote control but cant see which one is highlighted.

this is off the install from svn available in the passion repo

Cannot reproduce this, so I can't fix it.

- Macgyv - 2012-03-03

Martijn Wrote:Possibly RC3 will get rid of that.

Hope so Wink

- BigNoid - 2012-03-03

PatOso Wrote:Are very nice label "watched" and "new" but is not adapted to other languages. A label without word would be better.

Agreed. What could be done is make images for available languages (by users :p) or symbols. + for new is easy, but what about watched?

- crisdecuba - 2012-03-03

Big_Noid Wrote:Was indeed removed in Eden. Edit favourites.xml manually. Code is somewhere in this thread.
Thank you very much - I found the code and it worked. Smile

I think I found another issue that might be of interest.

Background:
1. I have two instances of the program addon "Advanced Launcher" - one for Games and another for Apps.
2. I encountered the following broken behavior:
a. Select "Games" on the Home menu -> it goes to the Games launcher menu - correct.
b. Go back to Home menu
c. Select "Apps" on the Home menu -> it goes to the Apps launcher menu - correct.
d. Go back to Home menu
e. Select "Games" on the Home menu -> it goes to the Apps launcher menu - broken
3. The two instances are named: "plugin.program.advanced.launcher" and "plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2"

When I brought this up to Angelscry (the author of the Advanced Launcher addon), he looked into this and shared the following:

Angelscry Wrote:OK... I was able to reproduce the problem. It is a skin related problem. When you select the Game menu entry, Aon Nox tried to find the program add-on containing the advanced.launcher string.
Code:
Substring(Container.FolderPath,advanced.launcher)
So when you duplicate Advanced Launcher, with a duplicate name containing advanced.launcher, XBMC seems not able to always select the good one. I suppose it select the last one started. This problem seems not occurring when you directly select the Advanced Launcher entries from the add-on program menu. Now, how I see it, there is 2 ways to fix this :
  • ask Aeon Nox developers to fix their skin and to link the Game menu entry to the add-on exactly named plugin.program.advanced.launcher (and not only containing the advanced.launcher string).
  • duplicate Advanced Launcher with a duplicate name not containing advanced.launcher, like, for example plugin.program.advanced.duplicate.launcher, plugin.program.advanced.games, plugin.program.advanced.apps, etc...

Not sure if this is something that is worth fixing, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks!
- crisdecuba

- BigNoid - 2012-03-03

crisdecuba Wrote:Thank you very much - I found the code and it worked. Smile

I think I found another issue that might be of interest.

Background:
1. I have two instances of the program addon "Advanced Launcher" - one for Games and another for Apps.
2. I encountered the following broken behavior:
a. Select "Games" on the Home menu -> it goes to the Games launcher menu - correct.
b. Go back to Home menu
c. Select "Apps" on the Home menu -> it goes to the Apps launcher menu - correct.
d. Go back to Home menu
e. Select "Games" on the Home menu -> it goes to the Apps launcher menu - broken
3. The two instances are named: "plugin.program.advanced.launcher" and "plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2"

When I brought this up to Angelscry (the author of the Advanced Launcher addon), he looked into this and shared the following:

Not sure if this is something that is worth fixing, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks!
- crisdecuba
I don't understand. None of the menus open with a substring. These are only used for determining viewtypes. (there is no games menu also default in Nox)

- crisdecuba - 2012-03-03

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't understand. None of the menus open with a substring. These are only used for determining viewtypes. (there is no games menu also default in Nox)
To clarify, the "Games" menu is a Favourite I added to the Home screen. It opens up the Advanced Launcher plugin - "plugin.program.advanced.launcher"

Now playing global - ReducedToZero - 2012-03-04

@Big Noid,

Just updated after a few weeks away and loving the changes, I admit though, I'm missing the subtler global music now playing widget Smile

The new pop up / overlay seems a little intrusive, and my eye sees it as a notification pop up. I know I could turn it off (thanks for the option), but it's useful Wink

I really like the way you incorporated now playing video in the preview / fanart windows for each view. Maybe a global music now playing overlay on whatever's in that space would be cool? (If that's even possible).

Just thinking aloud.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Eden-pre (RC2) | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox Git | Maraschino Git | AWXi stable.
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.