Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 21:08)DanLongman Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 19:14)htpc guy Wrote: So how do I grab the 1080 version?
I found the branch here

The git url to pull is the same as the 720 version. I tried pulling it anyway into a different directory and it grabbed the 720 version again.

What's the difference between the versions, does it really look much different? The 720p looks great on my 1080p 40"

Not much different because the textures in the 720p version are already 1080p. Reason for the change is because it's better to have the code in the same resolution as the textures (for coding) and I'm taking it as an opportunity to make big changes in the skin, mainly removing some of the (imo) trivial options, optimizing code & textures and replacing some viewtypes with new ones.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - DanLongman - 2012-03-14

Sounds awesome Big_Noid, Looking forward to the changes best skin for xbmc just keeps getting better, as long as you leave bannerPlex (Best TV view I have used in XBMC) I am happy Wink. Can't wait to see the changes, Will you eventually switch the SVN version to the 1080p version? Or what is the best way to use the 1080p version and still get the updates automatically?

(2012-03-14, 21:32)DanLongman Wrote: Sounds awesome Big_Noid, Looking forward to the changes best skin for xbmc just keeps getting better, as long as you leave bannerPlex (Best TV view I have used in XBMC) I am happy Wink. Can't wait to see the changes, Will you eventually switch the SVN version to the 1080p version? Or what is the best way to use the 1080p version and still get the updates automatically?

Clone my repo is the only way atm. I have no control over svn version. That is maintained by passion team.

I had to revert the localized unwatched flags unfortunately. It seems system.language is returning empty in lists thus making the localized flags impossible atm.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Martijn - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 21:18)Big_Noid Wrote: Not much different because the textures in the 720p version are already 1080p. Reason for the change is because it's better to have the code in the same resolution as the textures (for coding) and I'm taking it as an opportunity to make big changes in the skin, mainly removing some of the (imo) trivial options, optimizing code & textures and replacing some viewtypes with new ones.

hopefully not removing to much Wink

(2012-03-14, 21:45)Martijn Wrote: hopefully not removing to much Wink

Well, start worrying if you use the Episode viewtype Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Martijn - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 22:51)Big_Noid Wrote:

Damn you Rolleyes

(2012-03-14, 22:52)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 22:51)Big_Noid Wrote:

Damn you Rolleyes

I think Nox needs something else for episode views, but it has to fit the style of the rest of the skin. Only exception is LowList, that also doesn't fit the rest, but it's too nice a view to replace.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - DanLongman - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 23:01)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 22:52)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 22:51)Big_Noid Wrote: Well, start worrying if you use the Episode viewtype Tongue

Damn you Rolleyes

I think Nox needs something else for episode views, but it has to fit the style of the rest of the skin. Only exception is LowList, that also doesn't fit the rest, but it's too nice a view to replace.

Got me scared when you mentioned Low List, But then I finished reading and was happy. <3 Low list.

(2012-03-14, 23:07)DanLongman Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 23:01)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 22:52)Martijn Wrote: Damn you Rolleyes

Got me scared when you mentioned Low List, But then I finished reading and was happy. <3 Low list.

Me too. And you can have all views in LowList if you want, so you can make it fit the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - shinner - 2012-03-15

Aww, I love the episode view ><

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - bakito - 2012-03-15

my problem with curtains is with advance launcher some fanart are sd and ugly ) I'm not sure the work aroud will do anything for this problem...too bad...
thanks for the answers anyway!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - spinecho - 2012-03-15

Love, love, love this skin. I try others, but always come back to this one!
Now my Season Fanart problem has been addressed (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125359 and thanks to all who helped!), Aeon Nox is ALMOST perfect. I say almost, because the thing I would like to see is MoveSet intergration.

Any chance of that Big_Noid?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-15

eventually, yeah. But since I don't use sets myself it's not a real priority for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - fanclub - 2012-03-15

hey big_noid, any chance of a toggle setting that allows 'Videos' to always open up 'VideoFiles' by default ?

for other skins that dont have the setting i've manually gone in and edited the line myself in 720p\Home.xml (or i believe it might be Includes_Home.xml in aeon nox... havent actually tried yet), but having to redo that every time an update comes out gets a bit annoying

thanks for your time and congrats on what is clearly the best XBMC skin i've ever used (and i've used xbmc since 2004)! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-15

No need for a setting in Nox: add files to your favorites, go to main menu customizer scroll to videos and follow directions in upper left to add the favorite as default action for opening videos Smile

EDIT: you can always delete the favorite afterwards if you want, the setting will stick to the assigned favorite.