Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - spinecho - 2012-03-31

Just updated to newest version of Aeon Nox (GIT) 3.0.0.1333150212 via XBMC Addon Available Updates and I'm getting a strange screen when starting XBMC.
When I start XBMC I'm get a blank screen with a circular "timer" just spinning. I've left it spinning and it just does so ad nauseum! If I press esc then i get the home screen.

It's definitely related to the update of Aeon Nox as it doesn't happen if i roll the skin back to an earlier version.

Any help?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - ReducedToZero - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 14:57)spinecho Wrote: When I start XBMC I'm get a blank screen with a circular "timer" just spinning.

It's the new, very cool, busy dialogue showing whilst some initial scripts start up the background (at least as I understand it). In theory it should give a smoother overall start. Does for me.

I did get the same 'never stopped spinning' issue on the first start of XBMC after updating from Git. Restarting XBMC it behaved as expected from then on, lasting only a few seconds.

HTH.

OK, ill give it another go!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - feerlessleadr - 2012-03-31

great skin, i'm on the 3.0.0 branch

one potential bug that I have found though. I am using the low list view, and when I press page up or down, it will skip the appropriate amount of items (tv shows or movies) so that the top of the next page starts off where the previous page ended.

However, when I choose the 'lower' option for the low list, and then hit page down on my remote, it will skip 3 items, so I will have to scroll up to see them, which kind of defeats the purpose of page up/page down.

I had this problem on another skin before, and I was kind of SOL. Is this something that can be fixed?

Let me know if my explanation skills are terrible.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - phil65 - 2012-03-31

no, we´re aware of that, the bug exists since very first low list some years ago Big Grin have to check if that can be changed easily.

(2012-03-31, 16:32)ReducedToZero Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 14:57)spinecho Wrote: When I start XBMC I'm get a blank screen with a circular "timer" just spinning.

It's the new, very cool, busy dialogue showing whilst some initial scripts start up the background (at least as I understand it). In theory it should give a smoother overall start. Does for me.

I did get the same 'never stopped spinning' issue on the first start of XBMC after updating from Git. Restarting XBMC it behaved as expected from then on, lasting only a few seconds.

HTH.
Well, I left the spinny thing for over five minutes (nice cup of tea Wink) and I ended up quitting XBMC. Restarted XBMC and same thing - at five minutes of spinny I quit XBMC.
Now using an earlier version until it's fixed!

Any ideas Mr Big_Noid?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Martijn - 2012-03-31

provide a full Debug Log when starting xbmc and paste in http://xbmclogs.com and place the link here.

you might need to add this to advancedsettings.xml

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <
loglevel>1</loglevel>
 </
advancedsettings

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - john.cord - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 18:20)spinecho Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 16:32)ReducedToZero Wrote:

HTH.
Well, I left the spinny thing for over five minutes (nice cup of tea Wink) and I ended up quitting XBMC. Restarted XBMC and same thing - at five minutes of spinny I quit XBMC.
Now using an earlier version until it's fixed!

Any ideas Mr Big_Noid?

Updated the Skin and now have the same bug.

Then read and provide debug log.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - CutSickAss - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 14:57)spinecho Wrote: Just updated to newest version of Aeon Nox (GIT) 3.0.0.1333150212 via XBMC Addon Available Updates and I'm getting a strange screen when starting XBMC.
When I start XBMC I'm get a blank screen with a circular "timer" just spinning. I've left it spinning and it just does so ad nauseum! If I press esc then i get the home screen.

Been having the same issue with Spinecho today, after auto-updating to Aeon Nox (GIT) 3.0.0.1333150212 (Eden 11.0). Tried uninstalling the skin and re-installing it, but the problem persists. Does not go any further than this screen, no matter how long I leave it on, unless Esc or Backspace is pressed. No problem with any previous version.

Left the login "timer" screen on for a few minutes, and uploaded the log here (loglevel=1): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1116

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest version from github, and I still have the same problem.

the problem does not depend on the skin but on the watchlist script. if xperience1080 starts, 3.0 should start, too. it´s exactly the same code.

(2012-03-31, 19:11)phil65 Wrote: the problem does not depend on the skin but on the watchlist script. if xperience1080 starts, 3.0 should start, too. it´s exactly the same code.

You're right, deleting the watchlist script fixes the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - feerlessleadr - 2012-03-31

(2012-03-31, 17:28)phil65 Wrote: no, we´re aware of that, the bug exists since very first low list some years ago Big Grin have to check if that can be changed easily.

thanks for the response!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-31

Fixed just now.

(2012-03-31, 19:24)Big_Noid Wrote: Fixed just now.

Just checked it. Works great, thanks!