Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Victim - 2011-03-14

Big_Noid Wrote:
Victim Wrote:Also (this seem like a foolish question Laugh) but entering into the main menu with the recently added script running causes a small stutter/freeze for some reason. I can't recall it happening on other skins, hence why I believe the problem lies here. The skin on a whole moves so smoothly that this slight issue is kind of jarring. Can the stutter be fix somehow? Maybe by caching something (yeah, I know very little about skinning Rolleyes)?
Yeah, I found that this is caused by the random items script. I will disable it upon entering home and only run the script on startup and add a button somewhere so the script can be run on demand. i'm aware of the time displaying incorrect when 12h clock is used, I still have to fix it.

Any chance of you implementing this fix soon?

- PatOso - 2011-03-14

Spanish translation, but it does not work with accents. Sad

http://rapidshare.com/files/452511512/Aeon_Nox_Strings.xml_Spanish.rar

Regards ...................

- dascmo - 2011-03-14

Victim Wrote:Any chance of you implementing this fix soon?

The recently added fix is already in SVN....not sure about repo. Also not sure about clock.

- Victim - 2011-03-14

dascmo Wrote:The recently added fix is already in SVN....not sure about repo. Also not sure about clock.

The clock's already been fixed. But the stutter is still there. I have the latest svn btw. Is there some setting that needs to be disabled or enabled?

- dascmo - 2011-03-14

Victim Wrote:The clock's already been fixed. But the stutter is still there. I have the latest svn btw. Is there some setting that needs to be disabled or enabled?

I believe its automatic. I believe the script runs initially on startup automatically and only by selecting right when in the recently added list after that. I feel it's certainly smoother than before. Do you have weather enabled on the home screen? I know this can slow things down but usually only during weather updates. Library stats can also slow things down when enabled but usually only on startup or after library updates.

- Victim - 2011-03-15

dascmo Wrote:I believe its automatic. I believe the script runs initially on startup automatically and only by selecting right when in the recently added list after that. I feel it's certainly smoother than before. Do you have weather enabled on the home screen? I know this can slow things down but usually only during weather updates. Library stats can also slow things down when enabled but usually only on startup or after library updates.

I don't think he implemented the fix yet. Nothing's changed for me. The skin overall runs smoothly, but it just freezes for a brief instant when entering the home screen. Weather updates or library updates don't seem to be the problem. Guess I'll just wait for Noid to do something about it.

- PantsOnFire - 2011-03-15

Shinu Wrote:BUG: Can't select "Enable Posters" in the "Enable Viewtypes" skin setting. Also, Logos are not visible at the top left of TV Infopanels anymore.

All other fixes work great and are much appreciated Smile

The tvlogos problem you're having, where they're not appearing. This might be fixable. There is a file called textures.db you can delete. Should be in appdata somewhere if you're on windows. Or maybe in the xbmc folder. Just search your system for it. It seems to be a database file of all textures used in your setup. The logos are treated under this category. delete the file, and it will re-build as u use xbmc. You should get your logos back.

- Hunter-Killer - 2011-03-15

Shinu Wrote:thanx for the Weather+ support Noid. It doesn't seem to go further than the "Fetching forecast info..." part for me though. not sure why. MQ2 is releasing his skin with Weather+ support too, so maybe you'd want to take a look at his code rather than the Confluence skin, seeing as they're both so similar.

I have a couple suggestions concerning it and some other things....

1. is it possible to have the main screen show some kind of weather info without having to enter into the menu itself? also, can u put the weather icon and temp reading on any screen that the time panel is enabled?

2. is it also possible to have the background for the weather section change depending on the weather conditions?

3. this is a minor thing, but can u reduce the font size for the options on the left in the new weather+ screen? personally i find it a tad bit too large, but again, it's not really important.

4. is it possible to have the "Extrathumbs" layout option for the Infopanels show 4 thumbs instead of 2 (2 on each side) and may be put the info as it's laid out in the "Fanart" view in the middle? Like this...

i for one have multiple extrathumbs so the extra pics on the left would be nice. let me kno what u think of these suggestions.

I too would love to see that look with the 4 additional thumb view.

- Shinu - 2011-03-15

PantsOnFire Wrote:The tvlogos problem you're having, where they're not appearing. This might be fixable. There is a file called textures.db you can delete. Should be in appdata somewhere if you're on windows. Or maybe in the xbmc folder. Just search your system for it. It seems to be a database file of all textures used in your setup. The logos are treated under this category. delete the file, and it will re-build as u use xbmc. You should get your logos back.

i'm familiar with the textures.db file. deleting it doesn't help. thanx for the suggestion though.

Hunter-Killer Wrote:I too would love to see that look with the 4 additional thumb view.

yeah, i hope noid implements it. Smile

- BigNoid - 2011-03-15

Shinu Wrote:BUG: Can't select "Enable Posters" in the "Enable Viewtypes" skin setting. Also, Logos are not visible at the top left of TV Infopanels anymore.

All other fixes work great and are much appreciated Smile
All logo's are showing for me? Settings navigation is fixed in svn.
paendorz Wrote:Great skin.

Just one question: any way to disable that animation at startup?
I will not make an option or disable it, but it is easily done yourself:
In the file Includes_Animations.xml and delete this bit of code:
Code:
<animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false" condition="Window.Previous(Startup)">
      <effect type="zoom" start="180" end="100" center="640,-60" time="2500" tween="cubic" easing="out"/>
      <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="2000"/>
    </animation>
It is located in the Animation_OpenCloseZoom include.
Code:
<include name="Animation_OpenCloseZoom">
wkf Wrote:This Skin is Great, the speed is just amazing
Have a couple of requests please

I like to have the music info on homescreen but for me it is too big, could you maybe make a option for smaller music info, or maybe tell me what i need to change

Option for making trailers play full screen, i know i can press tab, but an option for fullscreen would be good

If these things have allready been asked for then i apologize in advance, or maybe these are allready implemented and i overlooked it

Many Thanks

WKF
I added the small music widget as option. Will be in next release. Trailers fullscreen option sounds like a good addition.
moosenoz Wrote:really enjoying this skin. thanks for all the hard work you've put into it.

system>skin>favorites shortcuts
is there an easy way for me to add one or two more favorites shortcuts to my main menu?
No easy way. In next release or the one after that I will have options for 6 favorites.
PatOso Wrote:Spanish translation, but it does not work with accents. Sad

http://rapidshare.com/files/452511512/Aeon_Nox_Strings.xml_Spanish.rar

Regards ...................
Thx for your work, I will include it. I did some research and the only real solution (other than wating for the trac ticket to be fixed) is to have an all caps font version of the ubuntu font family. I searched all over, but can't find it. I also don't know how to make one myself Sad
Victim Wrote:I don't think he implemented the fix yet. Nothing's changed for me. The skin overall runs smoothly, but it just freezes for a brief instant when entering the home screen. Weather updates or library updates don't seem to be the problem. Guess I'll just wait for Noid to do something about it.
I removed the random items script to run every time the home screen is activated. It still runs the recentadded script (disabling that to run every time would cripple it's purpose in my opinion, while the random items script has no added value running every time). I must say that I no longer experience stutters after removing the randomitems script. Could you test with turning off the option Show Recently added Videos and see if the stutter is still there? (not to imply that's a fix, just trying to locate the cause of the problem) EDIT: You are not talking about startup, right? Lag is expected there since 3 scripts run (only) at startup

- &quot;wkf&quot; - 2011-03-15

Big_Noid Wrote:I added the small music widget as option. Will be in next release. Trailers fullscreen option sounds like a good addition.

Thats Great, Thanks for all your hard work

- Victim - 2011-03-16

Big_Noid Wrote:I removed the random items script to run every time the home screen is activated. It still runs the recentadded script (disabling that to run every time would cripple it's purpose in my opinion, while the random items script has no added value running every time). I must say that I no longer experience stutters after removing the randomitems script. Could you test with turning off the option Show Recently added Videos and see if the stutter is still there? (not to imply that's a fix, just trying to locate the cause of the problem) EDIT: You are not talking about startup, right? Lag is expected there since 3 scripts run (only) at startup

Disabling "Show Recently added Videos" rectifies the problem of the stutter, so the issue definitely lays with the script. And the problem isn't only at startup. Actually, I've never even noticed a freeze or stutter at startup. I really only notice it when entering a home menu item, and exiting back out. It freezes for just a sec right when the main menubar "fade-in" animation is running. I'm running the very latest SVN too, BTW. Really, am I the only this is happening to? Laugh

EDIT: I've been experiencing another weird bug. When watching a video, and I were to toggle off full-screen (Tab button) and browse my library (movies, tv shows, anything) while the video is playing, textures begin vanishing all over the place after a minute or so of browsing. The background turns black and posters in the library views go blank. But when this happens, the freeze that I was referring to stops. It's the weirdest thing. Not sure what it means, but are you aware of this issue? Here's a couple screenshots of what happens.

- Rionsic - 2011-03-16

Does anyone know why there is lag on the main menu when i let it open for a couple of hours? And when i move right for example after the time it works all smooth again...

And does anyone know where to download landscape pictures for tv shows?

- muzzakus - 2011-03-16

Thanks for the amazing work Big_Noid. Your support and consideration of people requests is without par.

Everytime I evaluate progress of other skins it always reminds me why Nox is my defacto standard.

There a couple of layout considerations I'd like to put out there :

Above is a view available in the reFocus skin. The value in this layout comes 2 fold.

a) Viewing TV episodes with screenshot and metadata per row draws the eye to the graphic and supports the interest with included information without need to browse to the file.

b) The view also fits online video such as youtube, revision3, etc. Where just like TV episodes coverart is not available - and metadata is king to supporting an a potentially indiscript thumbnail.

The abvoe is also from reFocus skin. Once again, a fiting view for the nature of thumbnails which on their own can often be obtuse. But with support of metadata, usability is greatly increased.

Coinciding with Add On's. Is it at all possible for the homepage to have a horizontal row of addon slots allowing a set number of "favourite" add ons be dropped in by the user?

Similar in concept to Boxee's quick menu. Boxee infact allows to drop in any media type to this bar, not just add-ons, can be movies, tv episodes or season, albums, etc....and if that would be feasible, the more flexible it becomes for users.

Thanks for the consideration.

- Shinu - 2011-03-16

Big_Noid Wrote:All logo's are showing for me? Settings navigation is fixed in svn.

strange. i re-downloaded the skin twice and it still doesn't showSad