Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-03-21

Shinu Wrote:any chance of u making the movie title in the infowall a couple sizes larger? to stand out a bit more from the rest of the text. and can u have the infowall for pictures show the larger image to the right along with details like image resolution, filesize, etc? also, an option to enable/disable it in the skin settings is needed.
I think it stands out because of the white? I tried a couple of fonts and I thought this looked best.
I haven't did anything yet for the picture content. Still work in progress.
Forgot about the disable option, will add that.
ODB_69 Wrote:Hi guys,
Complete newbie to all this but just bought an aver revo. Got xbmc installed and using confluence skin but saw Aeon on YouTube and it's exactly what I'm after but just want to know if I download this Nox version if I have to do anything after that? Really don't understand all this tbh so trying to make it painless as possible

Cheers guys and apologies for the lack of knowledge
Just follow the instructions in the first post to install this skin. Be sure to activate your tv show and movies section in the skin settings (same as in confluence). Also run the TV logo script in the media menu of TV Shows (press opposite direction of list) to get all the extra logo's, clearart and such for the tv shows section.

- BigNoid - 2011-03-21

startover Wrote:I tried Nox for the first time today and it seems its library/video behavior mirrors that of Confluence: unless TV show is enabled, the video menu always goes to the last view state of Movie, which means if I want to keep a separate video source in non-library mode, it will always be reset back to library mode as soon as I access Movie once.

This is a major inconvenience for those who do not have any TV shows, and frankly I cannot understand why Confluence decided to do this in the first place (what's the point of having both Video and Movie show the same thing).

Most of the other skins I tried do not have this problem at all. Is it possible for you to change this in Nox?
I see what you mean. It is done this way for people how want one menu item for all videos. Seeing as XBMC is heavily based on the library content the assumption is that if you disable the menu item for tvshows, you want to access that folder through the video menu. I'm gonna go with Confluence in this one and won't change that. If your comfortable with editing xml files it is real easy to fix, same in nox as in confluence. In home.xml find this:
Code:
<item id="2">
            <label>3</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos)</onclick>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton) + ![Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton)]</visible>
          </item>
and change to this:
Code:
<item id="2">
            <label>3</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton) + ![Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton)]</visible>
          </item>

- kealan - 2011-03-21

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah i like that view also, when I had Aeon65 as my main skin I modded a sort of episode viewtype for it, but I never got around doing something similar for Nox:

Hi Big_Noid just checking in to see if you've made any advancements on this great episode view? Thanks again for the great work.

- Shinu - 2011-03-21

Big_Noid Wrote:I think it stands out because of the white? I tried a couple of fonts and I thought this looked best.

it stands out a bit cause of the color, but things still blend together a little as the fonts sizes are so close. at least thats what i think. is there a variable the user can change at least to increase the font size?

@kealan, i'm curious about that view too Big Grin

EDIT: i sent u a message with the links to the files u requested Noid. check ur pm Smile

- ODB_69 - 2011-03-21

Big_Noid Wrote:I think it stands out because of the white? I tried a couple of fonts and I thought this looked best.

Just follow the instructions in the first post to install this skin. Be sure to activate your tv show and movies section in the skin settings (same as in confluence). Also run the TV logo script in the media menu of TV Shows (press opposite direction of list) to get all the extra logo's, clearart and such for the tv shows section.

Thanks looking good

Is there anyway to set it so showcase is the default view? Seems to revert to list all the time

Also I can't see nag plot or anything showing...I've tried to enable but don't see anything. Any idea where I'm going wrong?

- Revenge - 2011-03-21

Hey,

I've seen that there are new laguages in the new version of Nox.

I can translate it to Portuguese.
How can i do it?

- ODB_69 - 2011-03-21

Cheers all up and running

Any ideas how to get plot up...can't see anything also how to make showcase the set view as opposed to the default list?

- Blarre72 - 2011-03-21

Hm, seems like Nox is not supporting genre icons/fanart, is this correct? If so will it be added anytime soon? Or is there a mod for Nox to do this? If there's no plan to implement it in Nox I will probably consider to use some other skin, wich is a shame because I like it.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-03-21

Suggestion:
Would it be possible to see the weather background (based on currend conditions) as a backdrop for all home-menu items (currently it only shows when I'm selecting 'weather').

Your homescreen would be like a window for your your current outside-weather at your location.

Ref. to this excellent weather-pack: http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/files/weather.zip

Just an idea. Smile

Cheers

- Hunter-Killer - 2011-03-21

Hey Big Noid,

I think there might be a problem with the BBFC UK PG classification in the skin, as I no longer have it displayed at the bottom of the screen with the oher flags all the other classifications are fine, if you press info on the movie it comes up with the bigger PG flag but the smaller one is missing, I have the very latest version from your repo.

Cheers.

- Victim - 2011-03-21

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't want to remove it or make an option for it. But if you want to do it yourself go to DialogFullscreenInfo.xml find this line and remove it, it should be there twice.
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[21875]: [COLOR d0ffffff]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Country][/COLOR]</label>
The IMDb scraper from xbmc does scrape this field btw.:

Alright thanks. Can the List view for TV Shows be made to look like this, or is it not possible?

- DazNoonan - 2011-03-21

Victim Wrote:Alright thanks. Can the List view for TV Shows be made to look like this, or is it not possible?

That looks very nice, Which skin is that from?

- DazNoonan - 2011-03-21

Big_Noid Wrote:svn is where I commit the changes first. It's most usefull if you mod the skin yourself, cause then your changes won't get lost.
Try force refresh the repo and the update will show.

I saw that I forgot to add the watched status to the infowall. I will add that soon.
I see, how do I go about using the SVN version then so I am always on the latest? Is there a repo I need to add? Thanks Smile

- Victim - 2011-03-21

DazNoonan Wrote:That looks very nice, Which skin is that from?

It's from Back Row.

DazNoonan Wrote:I see, how do I go about using the SVN version then so I am always on the latest? Is there a repo I need to add? Thanks Smile

The link to the SVN is on the first page (post #1). If you have a Windows machine, you can try TortoiseSVN to download from the link.

http://tortoisesvn.net/

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-21

@big_noid

thx for the ce button in video info. It looks like a bug, when i enter the video info there seems to be a button CE but i see only a black button.

Is there any chance to become the info view without the info Smile I like a posterwall with 15 or 18 covers. For the infos i could press i , any chance ?

Greets
Eisi