Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- newphreak - 2011-05-05

oh, fullscreen info would be cool indeed, i always hate explaining allot about the movie when friends come over and I'm in the middle of a movie. This would simplify just that hehe

- butchabay - 2011-05-05

Babal Wrote:Butchabay, you've just saved my day!
I had the version 0.8.0 from a repository that was not proposing the update, i thought it was the latest.
I've uninstalled and installed again from the good repository in 0.8.1 and it's now working like a charm!

Many thanks, I'm ashamed, i should have found by myself.

G-Day!

Laugh

- st graveyard - 2011-05-05

Big_Noid,

A big request from my part ... Although I would understand if it will never happen ...
I'm currently testing the Advanced Launcher add on in AEON NOX. What I have noticed so far is that with NOX, the showcase view is indeed available for the program section, however, the description and fan art (like in the movie section or music section) does not exist. Am I correct here?

What I'm currently doing is adding my rom collection in AEON NOX. When using the INFO WALL view, the description is there on the right of the screen. It is also possible to add the fan art as a background in INFO WALL or SHOWCASE.

I don't know if this well ever be possible to have this all as wel in the program section for the AEON NOX skin.

Currently, it is impossible for me to create beautiful screens like in the music or movie section, or screen like the ones seen on the first page of this thread :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

Am I correct in stating that this is not available in AEON NOX, or am I missing an option which I should switch on?

Anybody any idea? Anyone else using advanced Launcher in AEON NOX

- activate - 2011-05-05

Hey, can I pls ask, has anyone using this skin had any troubles with the trailers the youtube ones, in the library. Mine struggles to play the trailers smoothly.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-05

st graveyard Wrote:...
Fanart is available in advanced launcher. You are right that there is no infopanel for showcase and advanced launcher. This is how advanced launcher looks on my setup:

The background of infowall differs from the one in the repo and also the plot text for infowall will be longer in upcoming release. The next release will be in a couple of weeks on offical repo after all changes have been properly tested.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-05

activate Wrote:Hey, can I pls ask, has anyone using this skin had any troubles with the trailers the youtube ones, in the library. Mine struggles to play the trailers smoothly.

It's a problem with your scraper. The trailers won't work in other skins as well. There is a thread somewhere where a member of team xbmc explains how the url should look for a youtube video.

EDIT: here it is: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100665

Big_Noid Wrote:Fanart is available in advanced launcher. You are right that there is no infopanel for showcase and advanced launcher. This is how advanced launcher looks on my setup:

The background of infowall differs from the one in the repo and also the plot text for infowall will be longer in upcoming release. The next release will be in a couple of weeks on offical repo after all changes have been properly tested.

Thanks for the reply Big_Noid. This is also how it looks on my side, so I'm not doing it all wrong :-)
Anyway, I was wondering, will an info panel be ever available for ALA in AEON NOX? Is that a difficult upgrade to do? I think it is ...
Another suggestion for perhaps a future update (should there be more interest in advanced launcher), I too have got the boxes of the games like you have them in the shots. However, when you take the box of a SNES game as an example, this box is a perfect square, or a dvd case, and putting these boxscans in that form looks really bad. Might there be a possibility to be able to change the thumbs for selecting games in other formats (if you understand me?)?

I'm just writing down the things I'm noticing while using the tools in the AEON NOX skin, please don't take this as criticism! These are just things that might make it even better in the future ...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-05

I can add the infopanel, I will use the layout for music, because there are not enough infolabels available for the movielayout. In infowall you can choose the aspect of the thumbs, for showcase this is not easily done.

Big_Noid Wrote:I can add the infopanel, I will use the layout for music, because there are not enough infolabels available for the movielayout. In infowall you can choose the aspect of the thumbs, for showcase this is not easily done.

You mean, you can add the infopanel for showcase view in the next release? That would be awesome!!! Big Grin
And what exactly are the 'infolabels' you mention?
The choosing of the aspect, is that a user option in XBMC, or should it programmed?

- activate - 2011-05-05

Big_Noid Wrote:It's a problem with your scraper. The trailers won't work in other skins as well. There is a thread somewhere where a member of team xbmc explains how the url should look for a youtube video.

EDIT: here it is: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100665

Thanks mate, its a funny thread to follow but lets see how it goes.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-05

st graveyard Wrote:You mean, you can add the infopanel for showcase view in the next release? That would be awesome!!! Big Grin
And what exactly are the 'infolabels' you mention?
The choosing of the aspect, is that a user option in XBMC, or should it programmed?

The information that is available to show in the skin, like studio, plot, genre.
It's an option in the media menu, called "Square", which works atm only for advanced launcher.
For showcase I can only choose either poster format or square format based on which window is active, or which content is being displayed. There is no distinction within advanced launcher between nes and pc games that I can use in the skin to show different viewtypes.

Big_Noid Wrote:The information that is available to show in the skin, like studio, plot, genre.
It's an option in the media menu, called "Square", which works atm only for advanced launcher.
For showcase I can only choose either poster format or square format based on which window is active, or which content is being displayed. There is no distinction within advanced launcher between nes and pc games that I can use in the skin to show different viewtypes.

What I do is create a different launcher per system. Than you can have a certain viewtype for each system. I will fiddle a bit with the options in the media menu tonight. If eventually the infopanel would be available in showcase view, than that will be the view I'll be using for all systems ...
Oh, if you plan on changing stuff in the program section of AEON NOX, like adding infopanel in showview, please post screenshots ... I already can't wait to see that :-)

- tocinillo - 2011-05-05

butchabay and Big_Noid any progress with PVR Support?

- butchabay - 2011-05-05

tocinillo Wrote:butchabay and Big_Noid any progress with PVR Support?

no mate, not yet ...

- tocinillo - 2011-05-05

Thanks for quickly reply. Its possible to release it in summer?

Regards.