Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-05-05

Shinu Wrote:i've noticed that u added a dash fallback to the info screen as requested Noid. but i was actually requesting the fallback to be placed here....

where the star ratings would be. is that possible?
I added a fallback image, I thought it looked better than a dash. Since you are using svn, how do you like the new animation when opening the video info?

- st graveyard - 2011-05-05

Everybody,

It seems I just pressed a button or combination and now my XBMC is windowed. And I also see the windows bar at the lower of the screen. I can't seem to find the way to go back to fullscreen XBMC. I don't understand what happened. Anyone?? I feel stupid ...

- bananaman - 2011-05-05

Big_Noid Wrote:Only thing that comes to mind is that you enabled the option "Submenu of movies uses Cinema Experience Script as default" and you don't have the cinema script installed.

ok, got movie and last films working by unchecking stuff in the config. (Cinema Experience was not selected)

- st graveyard - 2011-05-05

st graveyard Wrote:Everybody,

It seems I just pressed a button or combination and now my XBMC is windowed. And I also see the windows bar at the lower of the screen. I can't seem to find the way to go back to fullscreen XBMC. I don't understand what happened. Anyone?? I feel stupid ...

It is alt+return.

Sorry about this ...

- LogheadXBMC - 2011-05-05

I've searched and searched for an answer to this, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

When the XBMC boots into Aeon Nox skin, a small piece of text fly's in from bottom right of screen that just says "Done 100%" and will not leave. Has anyone else had this? How do I get it to stop??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The skin is an absolute monster, love it!

- Shinu - 2011-05-05

Big_Noid Wrote:I added a fallback image, I thought it looked better than a dash. Since you are using svn, how do you like the new animation when opening the video info?

the new animations look great! a welcomed change. i love the new OSD too. that was something i've always wanted to ask about, but decided not to, seeing as u've been busy with other things. the fallback image looks good too Smile

when i first started using the skin, there were a few mods i made as to suit my taste perfectly. but as of today, every one of those mods ended up in the official builds in some form. i can't express how pleased i am with ur work. Nod

the only mod that i still make is to the addonwall title fontsize. i've added the following line to the Font.xml....

PHP Code:
    <font>
      <
name>Font_Bold25</name>
      <
filename>Ubuntu-B.ttf</filename>
      <
size>25</size>
      </
font

and changed this line of code in the Viewtype_AddonWall.xml from this...

PHP Code:
        <control type="label">
          <
posx>840</posx>
          <
posy>105</posy>
          <
height>13</height>
          <
width>400</width>
          <
font>Font_Bold20</font>
          <
textcolor>white2</textcolor>
          <
shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
          <
scroll>true</scroll>
          <
label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Label][/UPPERCASE]</label>
        </
control

to this...

PHP Code:
        <control type="label">
          <
posx>840</posx>
          <
posy>102</posy>
          <
height>13</height>
          <
width>400</width>
          <
font>Font_Bold25</font>
          <
          <
          <
scroll>true</scroll>
          <
        </
control

doing this makes the titles "pop out" more than it does now. didn't make the change to the light font yet though. if u believe it to be a good idea, can u add it to ur code? i'll ease up on the requests after this. Laugh

- PantsOnFire - 2011-05-05

Everyone has a request to make this the best skin for them. I already love this skin.
I wonder if there would be any interest in this feature:

* Could the favourites panel show item thumbnails? eg, if you favourited an album, you see the album cover. I miss this about MediaStream. It makes it easier when your looking through your faves, I use them aalll the time. Anyone else?

cheers, and great skin it must be said.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-05

LogheadXBMC Wrote:I've searched and searched for an answer to this, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

When the XBMC boots into Aeon Nox skin, a small piece of text fly's in from bottom right of screen that just says "Done 100%" and will not leave. Has anyone else had this? How do I get it to stop??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The skin is an absolute monster, love it!
I never seen that. Does this also happen in Confluence?
Shinu Wrote:the new animations look great! a welcomed change. i love the new OSD too. that was something i've always wanted to ask about, but decided not to, seeing as u've been busy with other things. the fallback image looks good too Smile

when i first started using the skin, there were a few mods i made as to suit my taste perfectly. but as of today, every one of those mods ended up in the official builds in some form. i can't express how pleased i am with ur work. Nod

the only mod that i still make is to the addonwall title fontsize. i've added the following line to the Font.xml....

PHP Code:
    <font>
      <
name>Font_Bold25</name>
      <
filename>Ubuntu-B.ttf</filename>
      <
size>25</size>
      </
font

and changed this line of code in the Viewtype_AddonWall.xml from this...

PHP Code:
        <control type="label">
          <
posx>840</posx>
          <
posy>105</posy>
          <
height>13</height>
          <
width>400</width>
          <
font>Font_Bold20</font>
          <
          <
          <
scroll>true</scroll>
          <
        </
control

to this...

PHP Code:
        <control type="label">
          <
posx>840</posx>
          <
posy>102</posy>
          <
height>13</height>
          <
width>400</width>
          <
font>Font_Bold25</font>
          <
          <
          <
scroll>true</scroll>
          <
        </
control

doing this makes the titles "pop out" more than it does now. didn't make the change to the light font yet though. if u believe it to be a good idea, can u add it to ur code? i'll ease up on the requests after this. Laugh
I'll see how it looks.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Everyone has a request to make this the best skin for them. I already love this skin.
I wonder if there would be any interest in this feature:

* Could the favourites panel show item thumbnails? eg, if you favourited an album, you see the album cover. I miss this about MediaStream. It makes it easier when your looking through your faves, I use them aalll the time. Anyone else?

cheers, and great skin it must be said.
I didn't know this was possible. I've been meaning to look at the favorites screen, when I do I'll take this in account.

I should have checked this first - LogheadXBMC - 2011-05-06

Big_Noid Wrote:I never seen that. Does this also happen in Confluence?

I'll see how it looks.

I didn't know this was possible. I've been meaning to look at the favorites screen, when I do I'll take this in account.

Thanks for the response Big Noid. Just tried it in confluence, and it does indeed, although it has a progress bar under it in confluence.

I guess this isn't an Aeon Nox issue then, could be an addon or something?
I know xbmc creates a log file, but wouldn't even know where to start with it

- dascmo - 2011-05-06

Love the new animation for the info screen. Quick and clean Smile

- fional - 2011-05-06

Hi,

Could it be possible to set up a yes-no option, within Nox to allow "External Drive Location" as a media flag? There's a release that works with transparency (I quoted the way it works below.)

I was searching for solutions for those with only one feasible bay, but 12 drives, and this seems to be the 'best' viable one.

I am new, but I tried experimenting myself with the Include_MediaFlags, yet have been making an absolute disaster of it, but I attribute that to me not knowing what I'm doing at all.

Would this be feasible, possible?

Thanks!!

F

---

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Some basic media flags for external hdds, hopefully someone will find them useful Smile

Download (01-50)

I use them as replacement for video codec flag (you can replace it for whatever flag you don't need though) in Includes_MediaFlagsVideo.xml.
Having them as flags is great because they are displayed in every view and you can quickly see at which hdd is selected media located.

Example you have your external hdd named EXT01

Code:
        <control type="image">
            <include>VideoMediaFlagsVideoCodec</include>
            <texture>flags/movies/storage/01.png</texture>
            <visible>substring(ListItem.Path,EXT01)</visible>
        </control>
... add more (just change the numbers) for every external hdd.

Extract .zip to /media/flags/movies

LINUX
In Linux external hdds are mounted to /media/<hdd_name> so nothing else is needed than changing the code in Includes_MediaFlagsVideo.xml

In my example, we're adding code above instead of code below
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <include>VideoMediaFlagsVideoCodec</include>
            <texture fallback="mediaflag-videocodec.png">flags/movies/videocodec/$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec,,.png]</texture>
            <visible>!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..)</visible>
        </control>

WINDOWS
In Windows it's little more complicated, because Windows mounts drives to letters.

if you want same behavior you have to first create mount directory. For example C:\_MOUNT\EXT01 then assign folder mounts in Disk Management

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Storage - Disk Management - right Click to desired HDD partition - Change Drive Letter and Paths - Add... - Mount in the following empty NTFS folder - Browse - Select C:\_MOUNT\EXT01 - OK

From now on EXT01 HDD will always be mounted to C:\_MOUNT\EXT01 directory (also with default drive letter mount) unless you change or remove it in Disk Management.

Then you select C:\_MOUNT\EXT01 as source in XBMC (instead of HDD drive letter)

If you don't want to mess with mounts you can have all media located in subfolder on your HDD. For example instead of having external hdd media on drive E:\ move everything to EXT01 subfolder there (E:\EXT01) and select that as source in xbmc instead of E:\

This way you will see location of selected media also in other skins if that skin support PATH when pressing INFO on selected media.

- Mindzai - 2011-05-06

fional Wrote:Hi,

Could it be possible to set up a yes-no option, within Nox to allow "External Drive Location" as a media flag? There's a release that works with transparency (I quoted the way it works below.)

I was searching for solutions for those with only one feasible bay, but 12 drives, and this seems to be the 'best' viable one.

I am new, but I tried experimenting myself with the Include_MediaFlags, yet have been making an absolute disaster of it, but I attribute that to me not knowing what I'm doing at all.

Would this be feasible, possible?

Thanks!!

F

---

This would be awesome! I also use multiple separate drives rather than RAID and I'd love to have an icon indicating which drive something is on.

- fional - 2011-05-06

Mindzai Wrote:This would be awesome! I also use multiple separate drives rather than RAID and I'd love to have an icon indicating which drive something is on.

It works with transparency, so it is definitely doable - it just be cool if it could become part of Nox, even as a toggle in case there are those that wouldn't use it or prefer the videocodec flag. But I've yet to figure out exactly how to get it to work with Nox. Even if by a fluke I get it working, when Nox updates again - I'd have to do it again and again, which I don't mind, but I keep having to restore my backup, because I'm not the best at this!

It's such a nice solution. Like for me, I just went and I put all my drives as EXT01, EXT02, etc. Then when I go in, I could see as a media flag what drive, go fetch it...put it in the hot swap bay. Shockingly handy for my minimalist system. Smile

- BigNoid - 2011-05-06

LogheadXBMC Wrote:Thanks for the response Big Noid. Just tried it in confluence, and it does indeed, although it has a progress bar under it in confluence.

I guess this isn't an Aeon Nox issue then, could be an addon or something?
I know xbmc creates a log file, but wouldn't even know where to start with it
My guess it's an addon. It's definitely not part of Nox as the color of "Done" is in the selected color of confluence, which I changed in my skin.
dascmo Wrote:Love the new animation for the info screen. Quick and clean Smile
Great, good to hear.
fional Wrote:It works with transparency, so it is definitely doable - it just be cool if it could become part of Nox, even as a toggle in case there are those that wouldn't use it or prefer the videocodec flag. But I've yet to figure out exactly how to get it to work with Nox. Even if by a fluke I get it working, when Nox updates again - I'd have to do it again and again, which I don't mind, but I keep having to restore my backup, because I'm not the best at this!

It's such a nice solution. Like for me, I just went and I put all my drives as EXT01, EXT02, etc. Then when I go in, I could see as a media flag what drive, go fetch it...put it in the hot swap bay. Shockingly handy for my minimalist system. Smile
I've got two problems with this:
- The flags are not in the default format 161x109 and in white.
- Every disk is mounted differently, mine is called media/SAMSUNG for instance. I could make this editable through skin settings with a set skin string, but that would mean I have to add 50 options in there. (which I am not gonna do). It's either that, or make 50 labels with 50 visibility conditions and then you would still have to mod the proper name in the xml for your drive. So I definitely like the idea, but it's not doable in a form that suits everybody.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-06

Shinu Wrote:doing this makes the titles "pop out" more than it does now.

Ha, you're right. It does look better, thx. So now you don't have to mod anything Wink