Kodi Community Forum
MyTheatre DVB streaming? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: MyTheatre DVB streaming? (/showthread.php?tid=8988)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Zergo - 2004-12-05

i have looked a little, but im curious of anyone has had mytheatre 3.2 streaming to xbmc? i can get the xns stream going to xbmp but it pixelates like crazy (not a bandwidth issue). i have done some reading, and it seems as though most people don't have problems with streaming to xbmc.

however, most seem to use xns, last i heard xns support was discontinued (i can browse folders, but i can't stream anything with it) in xbmc.

what it seems most people do is use some mytheatre python scripts. if anyone has these, could you please post them? or send me a link on where to find them.

i just need some help streaming my free-to-air dvb to my xbox.

- movcpm - 2004-12-06

this is an interesting subject - i have this working, however there are things that can catch you out.
1. mytheatre v3.12 needs to work with avbroadcaster 0.12. the latest version of avbroadcaster is 0.12. mytheatre is currently at 3.20.02 however any version above v3.12 breaks avbroadcaster and causes the pixilation problem.
2. mytheatre v3.20.02 has a broadcast server built in - however no channel change etc. the broadcast server only works with certain cards - no support for nexus-s and a few others. twinhan works fine. (dvb-s) only
3. there is a mytheatre python plug-in for xbmc in the download section. the plug-in controls broadcast and channel change. you must ensure the favorites are configured in mytheatre and the stations are clearly marked for tv.
4. ensure you are running at least v1.1 of xbmc. also try decreasing the cache size (xbmc settings) to remove pixilation issues, however this depends on connection speed between mytheatre and xbmc – if you decrease too much then you will get a couple of seconds of video and then stop.

if there is interest in this subject then i will write a guide. i am not the creator of any of the tools – however i have spent many days on trying different things, and can tell what works etc.
i have also tried progdvb with the new olaf video server - not working because of lack of scripts for xbmc. should not be that hard to create scripts – however we need the stream layout etc / channel commands etc.

it would be great if sribitus (wrote avbroadcaster) & saar (wrote mytheatre) fix avbroadcaster, however this has been going for months and it has not been fixed yet.

tsreader will work; however there are card limitations as well.

i hope this helps, for more information checkout dvbcore message forums

movcpm

- Zergo - 2004-12-09

thanks for the help. i got it all working, even with mytheatre 3.20.02 (on a handful of channels). the issue with 3.20.02, for me, was that it would stream for about 10 seconds then stop (as if the buffer was getting overflowed or something).

however, as you suggested, i tried 3.12 and xbmc 1.1 and it works perfectly.

thanks for the help, again.

- Chenewer - 2004-12-10

(movcpm @ dec. 06 2004,20:44 Wrote:if there is interest in this subject then i will write a guide. i am not the creator of any of the tools – however i have spent many days on trying different things, and can tell what works etc.
yes please. it would be nice with a guide.
i'm using mytheatre 3.20.02 now so i gues i have to go back to 3.12 to get this to work.

- jb_here - 2004-12-11

could you please make a guide for us, we would all highly appreciate it verry much!!!! :help:

tia :bowdown:

- marplar - 2004-12-11

Quote:mytheatre is currently at 3.20.02 however any version above v3.12 breaks avbroadcaster and causes the pixilation problem.

strange, for me 3.20.02 is working well. maybe it depends on the type of sat card. i am using a skystar2.

- A600 - 2004-12-11

(marplar @ dec. 11 2004,17:47 Wrote:strange, for me 3.20.02 is working well. maybe it depends on the type of sat card. i am using a skystar2.
i also have a skystar2 and can't use versions newer than 3.12 because of the pixelation problem Sad

- marplar - 2004-12-12

a600, have you tried turning off the video display on mytheatre? i found that for certain channels i got the pixelation problem and stuttering output on the xbox if the video is left turned on. this problem occurs if the cpu utilization is reaching 100%; turning off the video reduces the load.

- A600 - 2004-12-12

i always turn off video display when streaming to the xbox.

- phishstik - 2004-12-13

we need a guide for sure.
when the few of us out there on the dvbn forums started doing this back in avbroadcaster 7 or 8, all we had to do was enable xns, set the xns settings in xbmp or xbmc and it worked.

now all we hear are arguments over what is screwing up the stream,
"mt3.20 wont work" " setup python scripts" " use version *** of **** with version **** of ******"

i know we're not paying for this stuff, cept mt, but this is ridiculous. to go from 3 programs, running fine, mt, av, xbmc, to now, having to setup other programs, vlc, or editing python scripts.

i think the problem started when people wanted "whined" for remote channel changes, and with xbmc changes.

a guide would be great, these groups getting together and fixing their shit up would be even better.

- Zergo - 2004-12-13

(phishstik @ dec. 13 2004,00:37 Wrote:we need a guide for sure.
when the few of us out there on the dvbn forums started doing this back in avbroadcaster 7 or 8, all we had to do was enable xns, set the xns settings in xbmp or xbmc and it worked.

now all we hear are arguments over what is screwing up the stream,
"mt3.20 wont work" " setup python scripts" " use version *** of **** with version **** of ******"

i know we're not paying for this stuff, cept mt, but this is ridiculous. to go from 3 programs, running fine, mt, av, xbmc, to now, having to setup other programs, vlc, or editing python scripts.

i think the problem started when people wanted "whined" for remote channel changes, and with xbmc changes.

a guide would be great, these groups getting together and fixing their shit up would be even better.
the problems basically all exist with mytheatre and avbroadcaster. xbmc works fine.

- phishstik - 2004-12-22

problem looks to me like it started with xbmc changes, look:

"guess relax and xbmc don't work well together anymore (because they radically changed the way they use xns).. i'm working on a total rebuild of relax."

- Istrice - 2004-12-22

xns and relax don't work with me at all, but i'm using mytheatre with avbroadcaster and they work fine.
mytheatre 3.20.02
avbroadcaster .12
xbmc 1.1
twinhan 1030
broadcast through http

- Istrice - 2004-12-22

i've noted now that i loose the view after few minutes. anyone knows why?
thx

- phishstik - 2005-01-06

for the love of god someone write a freakin guide