Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library (/showthread.php?tid=90258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-11

@Mspec:
Please test again with latest version and post the log outputs. Please also add a list of your shares.

@alspoll:
Yeah might be a bug. I dont have DVDs myself so I cant tell. Please add information how the directory looks like and which files are in there. Also tested with latest version, yes?

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - M@rc - 2013-02-12

Could someone assist me please? I have a new install of the latest XBMC, with Missing Movie 2.2.3. It scans my folders (with about 800 movie files), but at the end of scanning I get a Script Failed error. Where should I start looking for the problem?

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-12

Take a look into the xbmc logfile. There should be details about the error.

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies that are not in the library - Raytestrak - 2013-02-12

The one thing missing for me is the option to add a missing movie to the database from the list that this plugin generates. I use it to scan my library for missing movies, but then I still need to go to my movies share to refresh the movie and add it to my library.

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-12

Hm how could you do that? As far as I understand it the movie has to get correctly scraped to show up in the movie database. And there is a reason why the missing movie was not scraped correctly. It usually is a filename that makes it ambigious for the scraper. So you will usually have to rename the movie to the "correct" one and then the movie will get scraped (and added to the DB) on the next refresh.

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - M@rc - 2013-02-13

What are Output Directory and Output File for under settings? Do I have to set these to something specific? I get a plugin error when I run Missing Movies, and even though Debug is enabled, there is nothing about this plugin in my xbmc.log...

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-13

Hm sorry no idea then. I get all plugin errors in my xbmc.log.

I *guess* Output options are to dump the missing movie list to a text file.

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies that are not in the library - Raytestrak - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-12, 23:59)devkid Wrote: Hm how could you do that? As far as I understand it the movie has to get correctly scraped to show up in the movie database. And there is a reason why the missing movie was not scraped correctly. It usually is a filename that makes it ambigious for the scraper. So you will usually have to rename the movie to the "correct" one and then the movie will get scraped (and added to the DB) on the next refresh.

When I press info on a title that has not been scanned correctly on my network share, I have the option to refresh it and re-trigger the scanner. 9 out of 10 times I then get multiple hits, the other time it is indeed a screw-up in the filename, but that can be solved within xbmc. It would be awesome if that can be done from within this plugin.

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-14

Yeah you are right, that is an option. I almost forgot about that functionality cause I didnt use it for some time. I personally would still prefer to fix the filename in the first place so it is not amibguous anymore. So whenever you have to re-scan your library everything will be fine on the first shot without manual interaction. Its like "one-time fix" vs "permanent fix". Its probably a matter of habits...

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies that are not in the library - Raytestrak - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 20:08)devkid Wrote: Yeah you are right, that is an option. I almost forgot about that functionality cause I didnt use it for some time. I personally would still prefer to fix the filename in the first place so it is not amibguous anymore. So whenever you have to re-scan your library everything will be fine on the first shot without manual interaction. Its like "one-time fix" vs "permanent fix". Its probably a matter of habits...

I agree with you on one hand, on the other hand, this let's you fix it from within xbmc rather than forcing you to get behind the computer. Plus, sometimes it's not the filename but just that there are more movies with the same name. For that reason I always include the year now. If you could implement it though, I would be really appreciate it.

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-14

I am honestly sorry to say but its unlikely for me to find the motivation to implement that Sad My knowledge regarding XBMC plugins is quite limited and I would need to figure out lots of stuff.
Anyway, maybe I will come back to it at another time. One idea though: When manually selecting the correct corresponding movie from the list as you proposedd it would be great if the plugin would automatically rename the actual movie file to the correct title (including the year also).
So it would have the best of both worlds: Fixing un-scraped movies directly in XBMC and fixing their filenames for later rescan...

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies that are not in the library - Raytestrak - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-14, 22:28)devkid Wrote: I am honestly sorry to say but its unlikely for me to find the motivation to implement that Sad My knowledge regarding XBMC plugins is quite limited and I would need to figure out lots of stuff.
Anyway, maybe I will come back to it at another time. One idea though: When manually selecting the correct corresponding movie from the list as you proposedd it would be great if the plugin would automatically rename the actual movie file to the correct title (including the year also).
So it would have the best of both worlds: Fixing un-scraped movies directly in XBMC and fixing their filenames for later rescan...

That's an interesting idea, but difficult to implement I think since there are tons of ways to store movies / series. For instance: for me, that would mean the folder in which the movie is located would need to be renamed as well. I have identical names for my folders and files and have set up xbmc to query the share like that. Non-recursive and the movie matches the folder name (I read somewhere that that would improve scanning performance). Renaming folders for series would mess sick beard up.

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Fin - M@rc - 2013-02-15

I cannot get Missing Movie Viewer to run without a script error, so I managed to get some data from xbmc.log. I am on OSX with the latest XBMC release and my movie sources are folders that contain folders which have movies inside of them. Here's the error log:

Code:
20:49:23 T:2953318400  NOTICE: MISSING MOVIE VIEWER STARTED.
20:49:23 T:2954383360  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:49:25 T:2953318400  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
20:49:25 T:2953318400  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:49:25 T:2953318400  NOTICE: SEARCHING MOVIES
20:49:25 T:2953318400   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /VEFNet] - /
20:49:25 T:2953318400   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('result',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.missingmovies/default.py", line 420, in <module>
                                                ok = show_movie_submenu()
                                              File "/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.missingmovies/default.py", line 338, in show_movie_submenu
                                                movie_files = set(get_files(movie_source, progress, done))
                                              File "/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.missingmovies/default.py", line 218, in get_files
                                                results.extend(get_files(f, progress, done))
                                              File "/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.missingmovies/default.py", line 218, in get_files
                                                results.extend(get_files(f, progress, done))
                                              File "/Users/marc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.missingmovies/default.py", line 211, in get_files
                                                if 'files' not in result['result']:
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:49:25 T:2886662696   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.missingmovies/?mode=10
20:49:25 T:2886662696   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.missingmovies/?mode=10) failed

I am using version 2.2.3 of the plugin, with this modified default.py: http://pastebin.com/9DWBp6c3 What could be the problem?

[RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - Find Movies and TV Shows that are not in the library - devkid - 2013-02-16

Hm, I actually cant imagine what should crash there.

I made a version for you with some debug outputs. Please run them and post the log afterwards:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24641738/default.py

There should be something like this in the log:
Code:
13:44:39 T:7692    INFO: Querying directory: smb://192.168.2.232/Mass1/Testmovies/
13:44:39 T:7692   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params":{"directory": "smb://192.168.2.232/Mass1/Testmovies/"},  "id": 1}
13:44:39 T:7692   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling files.getdirectory
13:44:39 T:7692   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.2.232/Mass1/Testmovies/]
13:44:39 T:7692   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
13:44:39 T:7692    INFO: Query result: {'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'id': 1, 'result': {'files': [{'filetype': 'file', 'type': 'unknown', 'file': 'smb://192.168.2.232/Mass1/Testmovies/Akte Kajinek (2010).avi', 'label': 'Akte Kajinek (2010).avi'}], 'limits': {'start': 0, 'total': 1, 'end': 1}}}

RE: [RELEASE] Missing Movie Plugin - M@rc - 2013-02-17

I appreciate the help, here's the log after updating default.py to the one you linked: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1374782/missing_movies_debug.txt