Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

branlr Wrote:Great Job malexx and butchabay! This skin is looking good.

So, a couple of couples of things:

1. I know this is silly, but the title of this thread has a version number in it that is no longer accurate (says cirrus extended 1.0)... can some moderator change this?

2. As it states in the first post of this thread, the goal of this mod is to preserve the general look and functionality of cirrus while adding these awesome new features, and it is really a success.

However, the appearance of the home screen very much creates a general feel for the entire skin in some strange, subconscious way. Personally, I am not a fan of the black bar at the top for a couple of reasons.

1. I have a plasma tv and that sort of contrast-y, static image is really prone to leave annoying ghosts on plasmas for the first 20 minutes or so of a movie if it was up there for 30 minutes before, which is not ideal, obviously.
2. I feel it creates a more "boxed in" feeling visually that is simply not my personal preference, which obviously amounts to jack!

So, if you are open to this viewpoint, here is what I would suggest.

1. In general, it would look better and be less contrasty to use the texture used for the RSS reader on the top bar as well. I tried it, and I feel it is more uniform with the vibe of the majority of the skin, and it also will reduce slightly the depth of ghosts left by the bar.

2. Since the RSS bar goes away when RSS is disabled, I think it would be REALLY cool if the "clean home screen" setting disabled this bar entirely, and induced vs65r's mod, which is indeed much cleaner looking to me. Since the "clean home" setting already removes the logos and buttons, all that would mean then is moving the date and time.

These are personal opinions that I am happy to implement myself in my own copy, but I really feel that they would improve the versatility of the home screen aesthetic, and much more closely preserve the vibe of the original Cirrus.

But YOU are the guys doing all the hard work, and I really appreciate the philosophy behind this mod. The lack of these features you have added would have prevented me from enjoying this great skin at all!

Keep up the great work!

1.This was my fault,i tried to change the title but its just for inpost,i wanted to contact a mod for this a long time ago but forgott everytime,youre right on this one.

2 dont get this one - in which menue view you mean?
If you dont have rss, no time etc and clean home is selected all bars are gone.
If you speak for the Horizontal Low Menue the downatbottomblackbar will stay cause without it dont looks good.
Or you mean when just date and time is selcted to remove the black bar behind?
If i didnt understand anything please try again Smile

Edit:If you mean the blackbar in LowHorizontal View,when removing this i would move the menuebar complete down to buttom,cause i already tried to remove bar but it looks pretty strange without moving the menue down.
Anyway iam confused sometimes i take longer to understand,so please explain again .....maybe with screeny

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

supertom44 Wrote:Sorry I'm really not that good at explaning things am i lol.

Yes hide watched stays on next time you enter it, but it also stays on when you enter into the movies library. I was wondering if its possible to have it be view dependent. So have hide watched on for recently added sub menu, then when I want to view my whole collection I can go into movies and see them all without having to change the hide watched settings every time.

Not sure if this is possible through the skin or if its something to do with xbmc itself.

i really dont know if this is possible.If you find a way,tell me.
For the moment i dont know ...

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

@vs65r
since i dont use vertical menue( i would have removed this already,thx butchabay that its in the skin Wink )i would implement this when the other confirm this.

- branlr - 2011-02-12

Malexx Wrote:1.This was my fault,i tried to change the title but its just for inpost,i wanted to contact a mod for this a long time ago but forgott everytime,youre right on this one.

2 dont get this one - in which menue view you mean?
If you dont have rss, no time etc and clean home is selected all bars are gone.
If you speak for the Horizontal Low Menue the downatbottomblackbar will stay cause without it dont looks good.
Or you mean when just date and time is selcted to remove the black bar behind?
If i didnt understand anything please try again Smile

Edit:If you mean the blackbar in LowHorizontal View,when removing this i would move the menuebar complete down to buttom,cause i already tried to remove bar but it looks pretty strange without moving the menue down.
Anyway iam confused sometimes i take longer to understand,so please explain again .....maybe with screeny

Sad I could have SWORN I had deselected date and time WHILE clean home was selected, but I guess I was .... insane...

You are right, disabling date and time while enabling clean home kills the black bar at the top, which is pretty damn cool Smile

Suggestions that remain however:

-perhaps use a lighter texture the date/time black bar at the top

-And I suppose provide an option to disable the black bar while leaving date/time/temp enabled somehow in the style of vs65r's mod

However, now that I realize that the black bar can be disabled pretty easily, I feel like these are tiny little mods that can VERY easily be done by an individual (such as myself) Smile

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

ok iam glad i understood it Smile
The Option to disable Black bar when time is on,youre right.
About vs65r's mod where to download am i blind?
A little bit more transparent bar at the top,no problem to try,for me it could be a little more transparent too.

Spalsh - Malexx - 2011-02-12

HTPC_Guy made a real nice Splash Screen which is included in next update,but people can download it now also from here

- branlr - 2011-02-12

Malexx Wrote:ok iam glad i understood it Smile
The Option to disable Black bar when time is on,youre right.
About vs65r's mod where to download am i blind?
A little bit more transparent bar at the top,no problem to try,for me it could be a little more transparent too.

No he didn't post a link, he just said to contact him...

I can try to reproduce it if getting it from him proves difficult.

As far as the transparency goes, I just replaced the texture with the same texture used on the RSS bar and it looks nice/takes a moment.

One other thing, actually--is the goofy little weather icon a thing of the past? I just noticed that the weather condition icons are no longer with us.

On a side note, I am working on bringing the comic views from Limbus into Cirrus, and I am almost done thanks to the help of the maker. I will upload them once I complete them, if you are interested.

You guys are the best! Thanks!

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

about the weather to be honest i dont know,thats Butchabays part i dont use this feature.
He will give you answer.
The RSS Bar has a White underline,but without it looks cool on the top.

Request - dragomanjk - 2011-02-12

Request:
For movie trailers, can you have the trailer auto fullscreen? I would like to have it be: if the trailer is less than 480p to play in the box as it does now, but if it's 480p or better to play fullscreen.
Also, the extra fanarts used to cycle in the background in one of the views, but I seemed to have turned it off when I was looking to turn off the videos playing in the background. What do I have to have enabled/disabled to return the fanarts?

Feature explain - Malexx - 2011-02-12

Ok totally differnt thing.
Since i got some pms where i was asked how to use some features,i will explain 2 or 3 things.
Its about TV View.
Poster,Banner,Widethumb,Landscape and Season settings in Extended Menue.

First for the Enable Banner,EnablePoster,Enable Widethumb in TV Rightlist Settings.In Bannerlist View these are also available apart of the banner option.
For the moment to have this work correct you just have to enable ONE of them,the other TWo should be disabled(this will be fixed so only one can be choosen in feature)
Enable Banner should look like THIS (you need banner.jpg)
Enable Poster should look like THIS
Enable Widethumb should look like THIS (you need landscape.jpg)

Enable Landscape in Fanart only works in TV Show Level and should look like THIS (you need landscape.jpg)

Enable Seasonthumbs on Season/Episode Level should look like THIS and THIS (you need seasonthumb1.jpg,seasonthumb2.jpg etc)

hope its clear now how to use this features,have fun.

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

dragomanjk Wrote:Request:
For movie trailers, can you have the trailer auto fullscreen? I would like to have it be: if the trailer is less than 480p to play in the box as it does now, but if it's 480p or better to play fullscreen.
Also, the extra fanarts used to cycle in the background in one of the views, but I seemed to have turned it off when I was looking to turn off the videos playing in the background. What do I have to have enabled/disabled to return the fanarts?

dont know if this is possible with the trailers

For the cycle extrafanart
settings - skin - extended - enable extrafanart TV/Movie

RSS Widgets - branlr - 2011-02-12

So, I just got Grajen's RSS reader widgets working on the home screen of cirrus extended, and yes it kicks ass BIG time because grajen is THE MAN, apparently Wink

In case anyone is unfamiliar, these are RecentlyAdded Style widgets that read text RSS feeds, display accompanying thumbnails, and can even launch youtube videos if the plugin is installed I believe (though I haven't tried this yet for lack of feeds with you tube videos in them Rolleyes

See an example in Confluence HERE

Anywho, to me this has major potential to really breathe some life into the homescreen and make it rich with juicy information!

However, it will be up to skinners to decide how easy it is to implement for the average user, and that has a lot to do with your perception of this features importance...

After the basic visual format is chosen, parameters need to be set regarding the location of the widgets on the screen, as well as what buttons the correspond to--and since there is the possibility for multiple widgets on one button's screen (which isn't really an issue for recentlyadded)--then it makes sense to give the user the ability to position them, choose the buttons they correspond to, and, IMO, size them

So, I am wondering... would anyone be opposed to addition a settings menu for rss widgets that allow you to, for example, choose.

Size:
A. Small B. Medium. C. Larger Vertical D. Large Horizontal

Position:
A. Left Aligned B Centered C. Right Aligned

Button:
**list of all buttons on the home screen including customs**

This type of thing...

Otherwise, this awesome feature will remain.... hack-y, I'm afraid.

Just let me know what you guys think. I am not very familiar with creating settings menus or replacing variables with user input, but I am happy to give it a go if this feature is something anyone other than me wants.

- Malexx - 2011-02-12

i dont know Grajen's RSS reader widgets.
Will have a look at it,maybe its fun.
Can you send or post screenshot of what you have?

- branlr - 2011-02-12

Link to example youtube video is in previous post

- butchabay - 2011-02-12

I assume there will be need to have running a script for the rss widgets ... We'll take a look ...