Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-25

Jason102 Wrote:@Sranshaft: Ok, as long as you're happy with the group control thing then I'll make sure it goes into the mainstream version. The only other thing that needs to be done before it can go out is the time bar...it really needs to be put into the skin. The issue is that I create the buttons as the skin is being used, so the time bar would appear behind the buttons...not that helpful. Do you know of any way to make sure the bar appear on top of everything else?

Strange. The time appears above everything else on my end using the grouplist. Even with the different image I'm using.

Jason102 Wrote:I understand that you don't like the "less than 5 channels repeat" bug, but I'm not sure of a good way to fix that. It would be difficult to actually allow the skin to specify the number of rows based on the number of channels...not to mention I'm a bit worried as to the performance impact of adding all of those buttons if the skin has 10 rows. If you can come up with some reasonable solution I'd be willing to put it in, I just want to make sure it works for all cases.

With the grouplist we could limit the height, effectively limiting the amount of channels shown at a time. The rest would scroll into view on focus. You may be right though in regards to the impact on the skin. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Jason102 Wrote:I want to have genre and all of the other fields available for a skin, as well. Currently, I cache all of that data in the playlist that I create for each channel. That data could easily be moved to a separate file. The issue then becomes storing too much information in memory. I worry about this with the current version, as well. If the user has 200 channels, each with 2000 entries, it's storing ridiculous amounts of information in memory. Access to the database is generally too slow in order to be worthwhile, although I may be able to improve it.

I believe the majority of that stuff can be pulled straight from the database without using a separate file. I'm still looking in to it but it appears possible if you look here. I'm still new to python, only just started playing around with it when I looked at your addon, so I'll look into it further.

Edit: Looks like I might have been completely wrong. The getVideoInfoTag() only works for the currently playing video. Damn. That's a huge bummer.

Jason102 Wrote:Let me mess with improving the current system, performance wise, and once I get it to a good state I'd love to add that other stuff. Again, if you find a solution in the mean time that works, that'd be great for me too.

Definitely! I'm not looking to put more on you than you already have. What you have done so far is brilliant! Keep up the great work. I'm just glad I can contribute.

Edit 2: Getting back to the suggestion Moontan proposed to highlight the selected episode, it's now been added to the reFocus skin. This also shows the time bar being drawn over top of the image so that shouldn't be a concern Jason. About the time bar, I was thinking, you could get the x-y pos and the height needed from the grouplists. Posx would be the posx of any grouplist. Posy would be the posy of the first grouplist (item id=111) and the height would be posy + height of the last grouplist (item id=115).

- tungmeister - 2011-01-25

I'm also getting the time-out issue due to no durations being retrieved. Using the latest build.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-25

Yea, I just figured out what the issue is with that. I'll have a new build out tonight to fix it.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-25

Version 0.1.5 is out. It fixes (hopefully) the issue some Windows users are having with starting video. It also moves the controls into the skin.

@Sranshaft: please check out how I did the time bar. I just put in another control (id 120) and the addon just moves it back and forth...the only thing it will change is the x position, so you can have it whatever height you wish.

- psike - 2011-01-26

ok, so the new version work again. also tv shows and music videos playlist works great (is that mean that mix playlists also working?).

problem now is that except music videos all the other playlists don't get random anymore.
I've tried the force re-build few time but they just keep getting the same results.

- tungmeister - 2011-01-26

Yep the script is now working fine again, thanks!

- bridgman - 2011-01-26

thanks 0.1.5 working great again
does anyone know if there is there a trick to getting movie durations besides playing them at least once.
here are the interface changes I made for the skin I am working on since it is black

- Harro - 2011-01-26

all i did was click on movies and let the it sit there till the duration was set for all of them

- Jason102 - 2011-01-26

@psike: no, mixed playlists still don't work properly. They are really difficult...still working on it, though. I hadn't noticed the issue with randomization. This is a new way to load the playlist...I'll run some tests and figure out how to get around this.

- Jason102 - 2011-01-26

Is anyone having the same problem as psike: shows don't properly randomize in a channel? I tried this, but things worked for me on an episode-type and a movie-type smart playlist. psike, what kind of smart playlist are you using?

- bridgman - 2011-01-26

Here are some Icons I have been using for the script
Quickly put together but helps me to find it faster

two based on Direct tv logo
one generic

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-26

Just noticed an unexpected bug after updating the code. Now that you've moved the time bar to the skin, it's getting drawn behind the episode listing unlike before. It's not a big problem if you're just using text, but I'm using an image for the focused item.

I've tried moving the placement of the control in the skin code and no matter where I put (at the beginning or at the end) it still is over-drawn by the episode listing.

- ryan03rr - 2011-01-26

bridgman Wrote:thanks 0.1.5 working great again
does anyone know if there is there a trick to getting movie durations besides playing them at least once.
here are the interface changes I made for the skin I am working on since it is black

your gui for this script is amazing.. any word on when it will be available...

Jason102 Wrote:Is anyone having the same problem as psike: shows don't properly randomize in a channel? I tried this, but things worked for me on an episode-type and a movie-type smart playlist. psike, what kind of smart playlist are you using?
my smart play list are NOT randomizing "true" random. even if the shuffle is ticked. although i do believe this is xbmcs problem and not your script.

i am correct in sying that when the plugin is restarted the playlist is restarted..
like if i make a southpark channel if i exit the plugin then restart. it ends up on the same episode every time.

playlist is
episode
tvshow is / southpark
order : random
limit :none

channel always starts on cartman get a **** probe...lol
btw i dont set play-count 0 because i like watching some previously viewed shows

Quote:Originally Posted by Jason102 View Post
not to bother or anything ... but do you have and plans on repo to push straight to xbmc. or submit your addon.... just wondering? bet this addon would get lots of attention if it was a official...its really that cool!

Quote:Update my skin for reFocus to include the updates in version 1.4
is there a way to apply your skin to the plugin without steering away from the "official addon" or is skinning this script still to deep for a easy skin install? maybe thats what you guys are working on?
i want to use/try your skin but it seems alittle much with you guys current release speed.(thnx btw) couple of version in like a day is alittle much.
iv shown the girl 2 guis in 1 day.. maybe alittle much .... im flip floping on what to use.

- Sranshaft - 2011-01-26

ryan03rr Wrote:is there a way to apply your skin to the plugin without steering away from the "official addon" or is skinning this script still to deep for a easy skin install? maybe thats what you guys are working on?
i want to use/try your skin but it seems alittle much with you guys current release speed.(thnx btw) couple of version in like a day is alittle much.
iv shown the girl 2 guis in 1 day.. maybe alittle much .... im flip floping on what to use.

I will be removing the thing geared toward reFocus and making a more generic skin for Jason to consider including. Things like the info window will remain the same. The only real difference will be a new EPG that's not tied to reFocus.

@Jason: I've also noticed some difference between switching channels using the channel up / down versus switching channels using the EPG. When going up and down, everything works according to plan. The video is offset properly and everything is fine. When using the EPG though, the time is reset and the video begins to play at the beginning instead of being offset.

- psike - 2011-01-26

I think the problem is something with the sets.
when one movie from a set is matching playlist rules then all movies inside this set will get into this playlist.
That's XBMC problem and not the script, but it's messing with my channels Sad