Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- mwkurt - 2011-09-16

Jason102 Wrote:I fixed the problem, dannycorker. Fix is in stable-pre. Note that the "Only play watched items" rule doesn't work yet, but at least it won't crash on you now.

"Only play watched items"? Is this really a rule or should it be "only play unwatched items"?
I am not currently using the latest PseudoTV as I need what I have to work, the WAF, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I was wondering what the use of the above rule as written would be?
Looking forward to trying out the new Pseudo once all the bugs are worked out.

Thanks Jason,

Mark

- marktuk - 2011-09-16

Is anyone able to put together a quick 'How To' for creating a channel with multiple shows but with the shows playing in order. My thinking was I could use interleaving to do this, but I can't seem to get it to work...

Feature Request: Add Favorites or Video Add Ons to channels - jkantarek - 2011-09-16

There's a huge amount of video content available for streaming (Academic Earth, PBS, TED talks, etc). The only way to get to them is to wade through and know what you're looking for in the first place. It would be great to have this as a feature in PsudoTV.

I realize that favorites to playlist should probably be an XBMC problem not a PsudoTV problem and that there are issues with episode timing (dealing with built in commercials) but updates come quicker through here than trying to get the feature added into XBMC trunk.

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-16

Keeper Wrote:edit: It broke my "Info Overlay" though.... I fixed it by copying 2 of the old files back (script.pseudoTV.EPG.xml & script.pseudoTV.TVOverlay.xml)

Yes, I should have stated that the new reFocus skin is built using the GIT branch of reFocus so that was bound to happen and will happen when Jeroen release the new version.

jkantarek Wrote:There's a huge amount of video content available for streaming (Academic Earth, PBS, TED talks, etc). The only way to get to them is to wade through and know what you're looking for in the first place. It would be great to have this as a feature in PsudoTV.

I realize that favorites to playlist should probably be an XBMC problem not a PsudoTV problem and that there are issues with episode timing (dealing with built in commercials) but updates come quicker through here than trying to get the feature added into XBMC trunk.

PseudoTV works quite nicely with the IceLibrary addon which streams a wide variety of TV shows.

mwkurt Wrote:"Only play watched items"? Is this really a rule or should it be "only play unwatched items"?
I am not currently using the latest PseudoTV as I need what I have to work, the WAF, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I was wondering what the use of the above rule as written would be?
Looking forward to trying out the new Pseudo once all the bugs are worked out.

Thanks Jason,

Mark

The Stable-pre branch still works perfectly using XBMC's built-in smart playlist editor and is still IMO the easiest way to setup the channels.

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-16

does anyone have this script working in eden? i've just installed on a windows 7 box, but it cant seem to find my library, everything works fine on a dharma build on my other rig

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-16

RenZ0R Wrote:does anyone have this script working in eden? i've just installed on a windows 7 box, but it cant seem to find my library, everything works fine on a dharma build on my other rig

Yeap, working just fine on the pre-eden build from yesterday. Make sure you grab the stable-pre branch though.

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-16

Sranshaft Wrote:Yeap, working just fine on the pre-eden build from yesterday. Make sure you grab the stable-pre branch though.

sadly not here, so here we have a error log Smile

http://pastebin.com/bW2nAaks

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-16

RenZ0R Wrote:sadly not here, so here we have a error log Smile

http://pastebin.com/bW2nAaks

Yeah, not sure what to tell you mate, sorry. Huh Nothing screams, "this is problem!" other than the multiple 'channel not valid, ignoring' logs. Have you tried doing a channel reset? That's the only thing I can suggest at the moment.

Edit: Okay, I had a test on my other computer and I'm getting the same problem with multiple 'channel not valid, ignoring' logs. Though I am able to get Channel 1 to work, everything after fails. Jason may need to step in on this one.

Edit: I deleted the stored channel_1.m3u file and now I'm experiencing the same issue you are. The strange thing is there was a channel_2.m3u.locked file as well. Probably a trash file from PseudoTV not being able to create Channel 2 but it was odd that it wasn't cleaned up in that case.

- zepfan - 2011-09-16

Sranshaft Wrote:Yeap, working just fine on the pre-eden build from yesterday. Make sure you grab the stable-pre branch though.

Do you still get weird graphical issues?

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-16

zepfan Wrote:Do you still get weird graphical issues?

I get the odd shuffle of the guide when scrolling from top to bottom but nothing overly annoying. I believe the way things are painted on screen was changed somewhere along the pre-eden branch that made the screen update immediately instead of waiting until everything was finalized but Jason would have to confirm that.

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-16

Okay, I did a little more testing and I'm only able to get channels created through the addon setting dialog to work. Channels setup through the old way, Channel_#, using the built in smart playlist editor do not work.

Channel 1 - 16 were set up using the smart playlist editor which failed. Channel 17 was set up using the Channel Configuration dialog. Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/h36JCePz

- Jason102 - 2011-09-17

mwkurt: The plan is to have both rules.

Sranshaft is right about the graphical issues. XBMC provides a mechanism to allow a script to smooth things out, but this was removed in Eden. I asked about it at one point but didn't get any response.

Channels setup purely based on the smart playlist name isn't supported anymore (as of something like version 1.0.2). At the time your settings were migrated so that you shouldn't have noticed any difference, but channels can no longer be done that way. Now, you need to create a smart playlist and then point to it from the channel configuration tool. It makes things a bit more difficult for those who want to do things that way, but the restriction helps prevent possible conflicts between problems and confusion.

RenZ0R: I can't see the pastebin data for some reason. Are you and Sranshaft using the newest (updated last night) version?

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-17

Jason102 Wrote:Channels setup purely based on the smart playlist name isn't supported anymore (as of something like version 1.0.2). At the time your settings were migrated so that you shouldn't have noticed any difference, but channels can no longer be done that way. Now, you need to create a smart playlist and then point to it from the channel configuration tool. It makes things a bit more difficult for those who want to do things that way, but the restriction helps prevent possible conflicts between problems and confusion.

RenZ0R: I can't see the pastebin data for some reason. Are you and Sranshaft using the newest (updated last night) version?

The playlists created by the smart playlist editor are selected as custom playlists in the channel configuration dialog but are completely skipped by PseudoTV. Yes, updated while testing last night and still experiencing the same issues.

Edit: Turns out I had to go through and manually remove all the old custom playlists and then re-add them. Everything now works.

- zepfan - 2011-09-17

Jason102 Wrote:Sranshaft is right about the graphical issues. XBMC provides a mechanism to allow a script to smooth things out, but this was removed in Eden. I asked about it at one point but didn't get any response.

That sucks. Was there any explanation given for it's removal? Where was this out of curiosity so i can keep an eye on it.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-17

So Sranshaft, is all you did was to unconfigure and reconfigure the channels just the way they were?