Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- User 55003 - 2011-09-18

New Xeebo skin (stable-pre)

All skins below are for stable-pre version but should also work with the stable version (except for the channel rules section).

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-18

Jason102 Wrote:So Sranshaft, is all you did was to unconfigure and reconfigure the channels just the way they were?

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

- zepfan - 2011-09-18

Sranshaft Wrote:Edit: Turns out I had to go through and manually remove all the old custom playlists and then re-add them. Everything now works.

Could you please elaborate a little more on exactly what you did? I removed all files in script.pseudo in add-on_data and still have the same issues when using custom playlists.

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-18

zepfan Wrote:Could you please elaborate a little more on exactly what you did? I removed all files in script.pseudo in add-on_data and still have the same issues when using custom playlists.

Enter the channel configuration window and for each channel you are using a custom playlist, change it to none. Exit out of the channel config and press ok to close the addon setting window. Reopen and repeat as before resetting each of your custom playlists.

Basically you'll want to start without any channels appearing in your channel conf window. You may want to also delete all of the m3u files found in the %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\cache just to be sure.

- marktuk - 2011-09-18

I'm getting alot of episodes repeat. I've got a Comedy TV channel and it seems to play certain episodes of friends all the time, while alltogether missing others. I'm guessing I need to tweak the rules on that channel, what do I need to set?

Are we any closer to have a genre based channel play tv episodes in order rather than randomly?

- Jason102 - 2011-09-18

Ok! I finally found out the issue that several of you have been seeing. A fix is up on stable-pre so channels should now be created properly.

Since several people have requested a way to play a genre channel with TV shows in order, I will look into it and try to make a rule for it.

- zepfan - 2011-09-19

Hey Jason I only get channels 20+ now, which is better than before.
Here's my log. http://pastebin.com/TMHPxTVY

- CameronC - 2011-09-19

Jason102 Wrote:CameronC: You say that scheduling isn't working. In what way? Are you sure you're using a new version of the stable-pre branch? With movie channels, the scheduling may not be able to start the movies at the exact time you specify. For example, if a movie is in the middle at 21:00, then your R-rated movies won't start until it is over, perhaps an hour later. Also (presuming we can get it working), I really like this use of scheduling.

Finally got to mess with PseudoTV some more today. I managed to get scheduling working as I wanted (around 9pm it switches over from regular horror tv shows/movies to r rated movies and the more mature stuff) but the next time it rebuilt the channels the scheduling didnt work again (By that I mean it never switches over and continues to populate the channel with the regular horror shows). After a bit i figured out what happened (I think...)

What are the Starting Episode and Starting Date for in the Scheduling dialog? Both seem to change values on their own after running pseudotv once and the date for me would reset to 9/22/2011. Further more... I can't change it to todays date, which was what the value was when it worked the one time (I cant for the life of me remember how I changed it that one time, I wasnt paying any particular attention to the option at that point). XBMC will only allow me to put a single digit in the center slot. I can make it say 9/3/2011 though, for example, though that doesnt seem to make scheduling work again (plus it resets after running pseudotv once anyway). The Starting Episode number jumps around after running it once, too. Once it was in the 400s and once 200s. I dont know o.o

This all happened after pulling pseudotv fresh from git around 7pm today (18th). I'm running xbmc on 11.04 Ubuntu, for what thats worth. I'm... confused Big Grin I hope Im being clear enough, also. If not I can take screenshots or something.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-19

Jason102 Wrote:Ok! I finally found out the issue that several of you have been seeing. A fix is up on stable-pre so channels should now be created properly.

Since several people have requested a way to play a genre channel with TV shows in order, I will look into it and try to make a rule for it.

I am hanging for this one.... Nod

If its easy enough can this also extend to "network" channels also? As in select FOX and have it all play in-order but mixed? This would make things so simple and just a few tweaks would get some very diverse channels.

Achieve this and your case of bear will be in the post Laugh

- Jason102 - 2011-09-19

zepfan: This is with the fix that I put up yesterday? Can you post a full debug log?

phsyraxion: This is a bit ridiculous, but I just remembered something...important. There is a bug in XBMC (both Eden and Dharma) where the dialog box that allows a date to be input only inputs it in the format DD/MM/YY. It should select automatically based on the region in the settings and (for me at least) select MM/DD/YY instead. The big problem is that there is a script function call to XBMC to tell it what format, and that tells the correct one, it's only the dialog box that's wrong.

So I don't have a work-a-round for this, yet. Also, yes, the starting episode and date will change...they are changed to the next values that will be used by the script, so just leave them be. I'm sure you were able to change the date once because it didn't violate the DD/MM/YY scheme.

Ignore the starting episode change, even if it's backwards. It cycles properly, so if it gets to 600 and that's how many items are on the list, the next value will be 1.

If you want to really try this, you can modify the date manually in userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/settings2.xml. Just look for "Channel_x_rule_y_opt_6" where x is the channel number and y is the rule index. Just put in the proper date and try it out.

phsyraxion: I plan on making this a rule "Put TV Shows in Order", so it will work for any type of channel (except directory).

- mwkurt - 2011-09-19

Jason102 Wrote:phsyraxion: I plan on making this a rule "Put TV Shows in Order", so it will work for any type of channel (except directory).

You'll have a case of beer from me as well for this!

Mark

- Keeper - 2011-09-19

Jason102 Wrote:phsyraxion: I plan on making this a rule "Put TV Shows in Order", so it will work for any type of channel (except directory).

Great! thats fine, we dont need it for directory

Directory is more for "loose" files anyway, like documentaries, music videos, UFC Fights, gaming videos.... stuff that arent really scraped anyway.

Quick question. with "background updating" set to ON, I thought it will do all the loading in the background?

Mine still runs through all 72 channels saying "waiting for lock file" and "clearing history" (on each channel)

I don't need the lock files as I dont have 2 media centres/TVs

- Jason102 - 2011-09-19

Ok, so that rule for showing all TV shows in order is up on stable-pre...it was easier than I thought it would be.

Keeper: It will do any updating in the background...loading channels that need to have videos added...it still needs to actually load the playlists on startup, though. This shouldn't really take long as it's just reading the files. As far as the lock files, as long as you don't have channel sharing enabled in the settings, then it will print the text but won't actually do any locking. I guess I can have it print something else to avoid confusion. It does clear the history on each channel just to keep the files at a manageable size, but I'm going to optimize that a bit so that it only does it occasionally.

- zepfan - 2011-09-19

Jason, I would post it, but I got so fed up with pre-Eden, I went back to Darhma. The same latest build works fine in Darhma.

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-19

zepfan Wrote:Jason, I would post it, but I got so fed up with pre-Eden, I went back to Darhma. The same latest build works fine in Darhma.

Really? I actually find pre-Eden branch to be pretty stable and a lot faster.