Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- zepfan - 2011-09-19

Sranshaft Wrote:Really? I actually find pre-Eden branch to be pretty stable and a lot faster.

Yea, then again I've been running mario's PPA for pre-Eden so maybe that's it. Other than PseudoTV (and old skins) everything works fine for me in Eden. I just wanted Pseudo back!

- marktuk - 2011-09-19

Jason102 Wrote:Ok, so that rule for showing all TV shows in order is up on stable-pre...it was easier than I thought it would be.

Seems to be working perfectly! I'll report back if I find any issues, fantastic work! Big Grin

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-19

All working good here to

I have a request, would it be possible to have ratings ie 18 movies, or genres banned from being added to a channel

For example, I have comedy movies, and I don't want ichi the killer in it's playlist Smile

Or 8 legged freaks in drama and romance

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-20

RenZ0R Wrote:All working good here to

I have a request, would it be possible to have ratings ie 18 movies, or genres banned from being added to a channel

For example, I have comedy movies, and I don't want ichi the killer in it's playlist Smile

Or 8 legged freaks in drama and romance

Come on! I always thought 8 Legged Freaks was a rom-dram though! Rofl

Seriously though, that's something a smart playlist can do quite easily. Use the built-in XBMC smart playlist editor and add it to PseudoTV as a custom playlist.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-20

Sranshaft is right. While I do duplicate a small amount of the smart playlist functionality in the rules, my goal is to have as little overlap as possible. As a side note, it's probably worth going through your media and setting only 1 or 2 genres for each item...I use xwmm to do this.

- GJones - 2011-09-20

Sranshaft Wrote:Come on! I always thought 8 Legged Freaks was a rom-dram though! Rofl

Seriously though, that's something a smart playlist can do quite easily. Use the built-in XBMC smart playlist editor and add it to PseudoTV as a custom playlist.

You can easily build a family playlist and include it with match all. This let's me easily have a family and complete version of each channel.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-20

Cant wait to try the latest version (at work ATM).

One thing I thought i'd mention....

In the tests I have done if I skip an episode in a channel or just FF/REW and then exit (without switching to another channel) when entering again the playback is in the spot it would have been if I hadn't skipped (make sense)?

If I switch to another channel it then remembers the point I am actually up to but if I forget to change to another channel (more the missus) then it ends up back before skipping. No big deal just wasn't sure what was happening.

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-20

phsyraxion Wrote:Cant wait to try the latest version (at work ATM).

One thing I thought i'd mention....

In the tests I have done if I skip an episode in a channel or just FF/REW and then exit (without switching to another channel) when entering again the playback is in the spot it would have been if I hadn't skipped (make sense)?

If I switch to another channel it then remembers the point I am actually up to but if I forget to change to another channel (more the missus) then it ends up back before skipping. No big deal just wasn't sure what was happening.

Make sure you set PseudoTV to Real Time in the addon settings. This will force PseudoTV to keep the times set for each video exactly as if it was like cable TV.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-20

I have it set for Resume so it "remembers" at what point I stopped and picks up again when entering. This works well and by using some tricky psuedo folder links and dropbox I have it synched between all machines so if I stop in the lounge I can resume in any other room (in addition to all channels being updated in all locations).

It works fine but doesn't update if I skip episodes or FF UNLESS I do some channel surfing.

While posting just a couple of questions in regards to how the channel updating works:

1 - When I set to Force a channel update and NOT background update It updates a few channels then doesn't update any further (lets say the first 5 channels I have) but if I then exit and go back in it will update the next couple of channels and then stop and so on. Is this to prevent having to wait for 10 minutes for a new channel scan so you can just get in and start watching?
2 - When set to automatically update channels, how is this done? Lets say I add new shows yo XBMC, how long before these will be added to the existing channels?
3 - If set to do background updating are new shows and channels added automatically when decided (IE if new shows are available are these mixed in the current channels at some point or do you need to get so far through the channel before an update occurs).
4 - Is the current channel layout preserved when new shows are added or is the entire channel rebuilt?

Just trying to figure out how it will all work before fully dedicating the script for general WAF use.

BTW: The latest update to add shows in sequence order seems to be perfect. Exactly what I want. Once my channels are set and tested this weekend while the wife and kids are away I will sneak off some drinks your way Smile

- Jason102 - 2011-09-20

If you FF / RW or skip around in a channel, you are no longer watching "Live TV", if that makes any sense. If you switch channels and then go back, it will still pick up the channel as if it had been time-shifted. Only when you exit and re-enter will it pick up where it should be if you hadn't touched it.

At some point I'd like to put in a Live TV button, but that is for a future version.

Note that this only applies to resume mode.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-20

Quote:I have it set for Resume so it "remembers" at what point I stopped and picks up again when entering. This works well and by using some tricky psuedo folder links and dropbox I have it synched between all machines so if I stop in the lounge I can resume in any other room (in addition to all channels being updated in all locations).

Using Dropbox for this is pretty clever. I also have the functionality built in, you only have to select a network folder to store the information. In reality, the only advantage the built-in method provides over your scheme is when watching multiple TVs at once.

Quote:It works fine but doesn't update if I skip episodes or FF UNLESS I do some channel surfing.

I'll check this out and try to fix it...that's not the intended functionality...it should save even if you don't change channels.

1. With background threading off (or minimal) it should update all channels on startup if needed (or Forced is on). Again, I'll check this out. Can you post a debug log of this behavior?

2. If background threading is off, then the channel won't be updated until it runs out. Meaning, if you setup a channel that ends up with 100 hours worth of material, the channel will be updated after that 100 hours. If background threading is on or minimal, then 5 days worth of data are kept in each playlist so that updating on startup shouldn't have to be done. This also means that it will take 5 days for new material to show up on a channel.

3. As I stated above, background updating means 5 days before new material shows up.

4. Again, presuming background updating, after the 5 days the new material should start showing up seamlessly.

- Keeper - 2011-09-20

Steveb Wrote:Yes, but you'll have to add the visible condition to all the relevant control/control groups instead of the whole window, except the FF/RW control group off course..
Hope that makes sense. Wink

Hey

Do you think you will be able to do this mod for me?
i'll send you $15 thru paypal if you can provide me with the needed xml files :o

all I need is for it to NOT show the seekbar when flipping through channels, but DO Show it if you are fast forwarding or rewinding Laugh

please help me

- Keeper - 2011-09-20

Jason, i've got a truckload of questions related to this new option you made to play everything in order.
(im a little confused about adding new media)

so lets say i've got the ABC channel playing in order, and i have 5 shows of "How i met your mother"
what happens when I add new episodes of HIMYM to my series folder? will PseudoTV add them automatically, or only when the ABC playlist has finished?
should I "force channel reset" everytime I get new media or how does it work? (that would probably make everything start at S1E1 again correct?)

all I basically need to know is how do i set PseudoTV up to add new episodes to the playlist (in order) when I they become available, without resetting everything back to S1E1.

Personally I'm thinking I should add a "only play unwatched episodes" rule to my channels, so when it rebuilds, it wont build the old seasons again
(btw, at what point does a video playing in PseudoTV, get tagged with a "Has already been Played" status?)

- marktuk - 2011-09-20

I have an idea for a rule which sort of builds on the "show tv shows in order".

A rule that allows you to set a number of episodes of a tv show in order on a channel per day.

So basically, I would like to be able to set on my comedy channel, only play 4 'new' episodes of all tv shows a day. Each day it would play 4 episodes of every TV show on that channel and repeat those episodes all day. The next day it would play the next 4 etc.

Think of this as the e4 format for friends, scrubs etc. They play 2 episodes a day and repeat those episodes multiple times that day.

The reason for this rule is with 'realtime' set it's possible for a tv show to make it's way from the start to the end of a season within 24 hours if there aren't many other tv shows on that channel. So I 'tune in' once a day at 18:00 to a channel to find all the episodes are on season 2 when yesterday they were at season 1.

I'm not sure if this rule should be set on the channel for all TV shows on that channel, or whether it should be possible to set it per TV show, I guess that's down to what is possible. Both would be nice Tongue

I guess an alternative would be to set play mode to 'resume' so I could just pick up where I left off on a channel.

Let me know what you think. I'm quite content with 'TV Shows in Order' for now, so this one is more of a really really nice to have Smile

- User 55003 - 2011-09-20

Keeper Wrote:Hey

Do you think you will be able to do this mod for me?
i'll send you $15 thru paypal if you can provide me with the needed xml files :o

all I need is for it to NOT show the seekbar when flipping through channels, but DO Show it if you are fast forwarding or rewinding Laugh

please help me

No need for payment Wink
What skin are you using? Seem to remember Refocus?
If so try this.. DialogSeekBar.xml