Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Keeper - 2011-09-28

CameronC Wrote:I think even with a PATH rule it will only look at things in your XBMC library in that path.

100% correct sir.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-28

phsyraxion: How reliably can you reproduce that 3% issue? If possible, can you turn on debugging and get me a log of that happening? As far as the other problem, I'm working on a change that may or may not help...it seems there is a bug in my code that allows for a few thousand threads to be created and I bet this is causing problems. When I fix it, we will see if that problem pops up any more.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-28

It has only happened twice and it seems to happen randomly but when it happens it's easy to reproduce.

Since I deleted the blank playlist all seems fine so I will see how it goes and post anything I find.

All else seems to be working great Smile... So far it has remembered everything where I leave it so that's great.

- ijourneaux - 2011-09-29

CameronC Wrote:I think even with a PATH rule it will only look at things in your XBMC library in that path, though I assume they are already in your library? I dont think Ive had path ever work in a smart playlist but I also havent toyed with it that much. If they are in a directory by themselves then using the PseudoTV Directory Channel setting should work fine.

All of my TV shows are in the XBMC library and correctly show up in the TVshow view and in the TV shows Recently added view.

It will be several days before I can try again. ON a business trip now and away from home this weekend.

- primetime34 - 2011-09-29

I have a question. Is it possible to create a channel with a video addon, like have an HGTV channel that pulls the episodes from the HGTV video addon? If it isn't possible, would this be something that could be implemented?

- Jason102 - 2011-09-29

This has been requested several times. It's not possible at the moment, and while I can't say that it won't come in the future I have no real plans for it at the moment. I think that going between channels that need to buffer would ruin the experience. Not to mention that I would essentially have to rewrite any plugin to be usable PseudoTV.

This sort of thing sounds like it'd be great at first, but I think the end result wouldn't be very satisfying.

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

Hi, I'm having a strange reoccurring issue similar to the other poster. PTV hangs at 42% saying loading channel 75 reading playlist. It then continues to load after 5 to 10 minutes. But on some occasions does nothing. It also crashes when exiting.

PTV Took about 10 Minutes to start Here's The Debug Log

I have XBMC running PTV downstairs too. I copy the ....\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv folder to the computer downstairs. and make it "Force channel reset on next start" but it only builds up to channel 72 and then seems to do nothing. I have left it running over night with the same results. The PC downstairs is networked via ethernet cable.

Another thing I have noticed is when updating the channels downstairs is the computer upstairs hosting the files running out of RAM. When I run a channel reset on the local machine hosting the files sometimes the PC slows down to almost unuseable. All the RAM gets sucked up by XBMC/PTV.
What I had to do is exit XBMC after PTV had successfully rebuilt the channels to have normal memory use again. (Maybe a bug or maybe to be expected?)

The PC's being used are not ultra fast machines from the year 2050...lol but are quite reasonably fast and I've never had any troubles with them as far as resources go.
The server machine is a Quad core with 6 gigs of ram and the PC downstairs is a Dual core with 6 gigs of RAM. More than enough to run PTV I would have thought.

I'm wondering if maybe I am expecting/doing too much? I have about 87 channels in total. With around 150 channels used in the PTV editor

One more thing I have noticed is that when you interleave more than five TV series to a channel, when building it PST wont build it on my PC downstairs and the host PC barely builds it whilst sucking all the resources up.

I can do a debug log for the PC downstairs which doesnt complete channel building if you need/want me to.

Other than that this is by far the best plugin EVER! Big Grin

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

One more thing. Some channels take longer to build than others. I was wondering if there were any plans to add a feature where you know if PTV is building still or has stuck on an error. As of now you dont know unless it says channel # is complete at the bottom of the screen

- Jason102 - 2011-09-29

Rules are what cause channels to take a long time to load. You're right, though, I do need something to inform the user that things are still going.

On channel 75, I see that you have...14 rules? What are the rules?

Running out of memory is certainly not expected. I'm not sure how much I can do to fix that, but I'll try and check it out.

Yes, if you have a system that actually doesn't complete loading, then a debug log would greatly help. When it does stop, can you please make sure XBMC is completely closed before grabbing the log file? It may not finish writing the file if it's not. Thanks.

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

Hi Jason, the rules on Channel 75 (I never realised I created so many rules...lol) ..are as follows

1. Rename Channel
2. Interleave Channel 93
3. Interleave Channel 94
4. Interleave Channel 95
5. Interleave Channel 96
6. Interleave Channel 97
7. Interleave Channel 98
8. Interleave Channel 99
9. Interleave Channel 100
10. Interleave Channel 101
11. Only play unwatched items
12. Force Random Mode
13. Interleave Channel 149
14. Interleave Channel 150

PTV completes building on the host machine but takes long to build it (Kind of expected) ..Sucks the PCs RAM dry. After a complete channel rebuilding and closing XBMC, then going back into XBMC/PTV it should be an instant thing as things are built but it takes long to open. This senario was in the log I previously posted.

However the PC downstairs cant make it past channel 75.
I shall shortly send you the log for that as it has been trying to build for the past 30 minutes or so.

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

Forgot to mention each of those Interleave rules is for a single TV Show Series.

I have just tried to Exit PTV downstairs and it has been stuck on 5% for the past 5 minutes or so. I'm about to ctrl ALT Del to get out. Is the log still any good like that?

- Jason102 - 2011-09-29

Yea, again, just make sure that XBMC is completely closed before getting the log.

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

Debug Log for XBMC Downstairs ...It did close down eventually. Hope it helps

- Stop - 2011-09-29

Tried today on jail-broken Aplle Tv 2 and stuck on 10 %...any idea what should i do?

p.s. tried both 1.0 and 1.2 ver...

Tnx...

- Jason102 - 2011-09-29

Stop: Try the latest stable-pre. Link is on the first post.

Rastan: Try the change I just made. It should greatly improve the speed of interleaving. It does increase the memory usage (I know you said you had memory problems) but since it's for a fraction of the previous time, hopefully it'll cleanup and still be an improvement. I'm hoping this helps with the freeze at 5% as well.