Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Stop - 2011-09-29

So Jason, how can i now remove current and install latest stable ?

p.s. sorry, noob here for aplletv...Sad

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

Jason102 Wrote:Try the change I just made. It should greatly improve the speed of interleaving. It does increase the memory usage (I know you said you had memory problems) but since it's for a fraction of the previous time, hopefully it'll cleanup and still be an improvement. I'm hoping this helps with the freeze at 5% as well.

Many thanks Jason, I have just downloaded your latest and greatest and am rebuilding the channels downstairs with it as I type. Will let you know how it goes Big Grin

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

I'm now using the latest version but unfortunately there is still no change. I am still stuck on channel 75. I have left it building for about 2 and a half hours, The problem is I have no idea whether it is still building or has stopped Sad
I will leave it running overnight and see if it completes by morning.

- Rastan - 2011-09-29

I have a feature suggestion.

Export/Backup Channel Data. It can take long setting up channels via the PTV configuration tool and if something breaks or becomes corrupt you have to basically start again.
Also if PTV changes in some way making old data incompatible.
It would be good if you could maybe convert the channels to a *.xsp file to be placed in your playlist folder.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-30

No reason to let it run...it should really finish in seconds...definitely less than a minute.

I've uploaded a build with some additional traces. Can you please run this new build and get a debug log? Thanks a lot for helping me debug this, it's an elusive issue!

As far as the feature request...maybe. There shouldn't be any issue with incompatable data, I make sure and migrate any necessary settings when I detect a version change. It might not be a bad idea to allow the user to specify a backup directory, though. I'll think about it.

- zepfan - 2011-09-30

Jason102 Wrote:No reason to let it run...it should really finish in seconds...definitely less than a minute.

I've uploaded a build with some additional traces. Can you please run this new build and get a debug log? Thanks a lot for helping me debug this, it's an elusive issue!

As far as the feature request...maybe. There shouldn't be any issue with incompatable data, I make sure and migrate any necessary settings when I detect a version change. It might not be a bad idea to allow the user to specify a backup directory, though. I'll think about it.

Hey Jason, I'm updating my skins tonight (hopefully I'll actually get it done tonight) and was wondering, I see the availability of "up next" like a couple of us had discussed before, and I was wondering if that is now skinable?

- Jason102 - 2011-09-30

Not in this release, perhaps for the next one.

- zepfan - 2011-09-30

Jason102 Wrote:Not in this release, perhaps for the next one.

Sounds good, if that's the case there isn't much for me to do. I'm not going to make a channel config window if the default one shows up properly for the skin, it's too much work, for such a little pay off.

- Captainzero - 2011-09-30

Hi Jason, this plugin looks SO fantastic, it's exactly what I've been after. Unfortunately I can't get it to work at all on my Apple TV2 (black).

It starts, does a bunch of stuff (updating channels I think - it moves pretty fast then is gone) then says: Error - Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels. Then when you press OK it says: Exiting - Saving Settings and freezes at 10% and you have to do a reset. It does this same thing every time.

Is there something I have forgotten to do? I would love to be of assistance in any way I can to help get it running on ATV2. I'm sure there are many others who would enjoy this plugin. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

The version I'm using was freshly downloaded today with same results: Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v1.0.0-148-ge74c858.zip

- xkudeki - 2011-09-30

I have a question a bit off topic for the thread, hopefully someone can help me. When I add all my tv shows, they use a tv scraper for the info and show titles. It won't add my anime, is there a way I can go series by series and add them using the anime DB scraper or can I use multiple scrapers when adding my entire library? I want to add my anime to my pseudotv but since it's not in my library like all others it won't add them. Please help meh!?!

- CameronC - 2011-09-30

Rastan Wrote:I have a question a bit off topic for the thread, hopefully someone can help me. When I add all my tv shows, they use a tv scraper for the info and show titles. It won't add my anime, is there a way I can go series by series and add them using the anime DB scraper or can I use multiple scrapers when adding my entire library? I want to add my anime to my pseudotv but since it's not in my library like all others it won't add them. Please help meh!?!

Well, a lot of anime is in thetvdb, I just use that to scrape my anime, but there are anime scrapers you can look for in the addon menu to install. I /think/ then all you have to do is have your anime in a separate directory from your regular tv shows and ADD SOURCE, pick the anime folder, and choose what scraper to use.

- Rastan - 2011-09-30

Jason102 Wrote:No reason to let it run...it should really finish in seconds...definitely less than a minute.

This Log is BIG

Some notes that might help you nail the problem:

PTV Takes longer than usual to start. Once it does start it goes through and stops at channel 75. It might have to do with the interleaving rule as I mentioned earlier from my experience anything over 5 interleaving rules causes problems on the pc downstairs which doesnt have the files on it locally. The PC with the files has no problems. Maybe its the amount of episodes in each show, eg interleave 7 shows with lots of episodes like All the Stargate and Star Trek in one channel will more than likely fail downstairs. Whereas 7 Shows with say 5 episodes each will work.
Also I had a Nature TV channel and I hand picked around 30 documentary shows and interleaved them into a single channel. It never worked and got stuck on the Local PC so never bothered trying it downstairs. I had to then break it down into 6 channels of 5, e.g Nature TV1, Nature TV2, Nature TV3 etc. It worked but didnt look pretty. I then opted to Tag them with Media Companion and create a "Nature" genre then rescan them into the library. Not sure if your intention for the interleave was meant to be used with as many as 30.

- Rastan - 2011-09-30

I have an update for you Jason, Since posting the log earlier I left PTV building whilst my children watched their programs. It actually finished!! Though it did take almost 6 hours to complete. I then stopped PTV and it closed quite quickly. I went on to fix a few network folder paths to channels. Then started PTV again. But it now freezes on channel 75 for a good 10 minutes before starting.

So it all works but is slow

- Jason102 - 2011-09-30

Captainzero: Make sure to use the latest development version (link is in the first post). Since you're using ATV then you're probably accessing your media from an SMB share. With the ATV build (and all Eden builds) I can no longer access SMB shares manually in order to determine the duration of videos. This means that you have to make sure that XBMC knows the duration of the videos. There has been much discussion on how to do this, but the method depends on your skin so I can't give you steps.

Rastan: Wow, you weren't kidding about the log being big...44MB. Anyway, I do some very odd things in there. I'm guessing that it's a memory situation. Can you vheck something for me? Look in the channel cache (addon_data/scriot.pseudotv/cache) and tell me the size of the channel_75 playlist. I'm guessing it's...big. If that's the problem then i can probably just limit the size of it.

- Rastan - 2011-09-30

Hi Jason, I checked the file channel_75.m3u from the cache folder and it is 29.8 Mb