Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Abe Froman - 2011-10-20

maliqua Wrote:to do that i just enable debugging in xbmc settings and get you the log file right? or is there a debugging mode for ptv you want me to turn on?

i'll reconfigure them to use some network shared channel folders when i get home.

also do you need me to let it run through the full thing or just 2-3 channels be good enough (takes quite some time if i let it do it with all 30 channels loaded up )

regular log, there is no special mode
2-3 channel should be fine as issue is same for all.

Channel Issue - PopRocks00 - 2011-10-22

So, I'm not sure why or what happened, but suddenly PseudoTv is only showing 1 channel, but multiple times and all with the same lineup.

I uninstalled PseudoTv and deleted the folder from XMBC. I also deleted my videos db file, and let XMBC rescrape everything.

Right now, PseudoTv is setup with the defaults; I have not changed anything since reinstalling.

When launch PseudoTv, it says:

"Updating Channel 1

adding videos

added (generally over 1,000) entries"

Prior to this evening, I never saw it count up that high. It also never switches to update anything other than channel 1.

Please help (or point me in the right direction) as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

PopRocks

- mwkurt - 2011-10-22

PopRocks00 Wrote:So, I'm not sure why or what happened, but suddenly PseudoTv is only showing 1 channel, but multiple times and all with the same lineup.

I uninstalled PseudoTv and deleted the folder from XBMC. I also deleted my videos db file, and let XBMC rescrape everything.

Right now, PseudoTv is setup with the defaults; I have not changed anything since reinstalling.

When launch PseudoTv, it says:

"Updating Channel 1

adding videos

added (generally over 1,000) entries"

Prior to this evening, I never saw it count up that high. It also never switches to update anything other than channel 1.

Please help (or point me in the right direction) as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

PopRocks

Poprocks,

That threw me too! Laugh

That is the way that PseudoTV 2 works. It fills the first channel, then starts playing it. While that channel is playing it fills the rest of your channels and they become available to you as they are done. Just let it keep playing and you should get the rest of your channels.

In the event that you were not using version 2, your XBMC may be set to update plugins. Mine was and PseudoTV updated to the new version, completely wiping out my channel setup on one pc.

Mark

- haenchensd - 2011-10-23

Having problem with the channel configuration tool. Basically, everything takes FOREVER to load and change when I do something. I never see anything in advanced rules section. Not sure how to edit these rules outside of the configuration program, I would have no problem with editing an XML of some sort to set this up. Attached a debug log for you though nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks

--nevermind
Had just changed it to shared channels. Had to reopen program and let it build its channel list and then configuration tool works. Still no options in advanced rules though. I'm guessing these aren't implemented?

--wrong again
Anyone having problems and using Night: it doesn't appear to be supported anymore. At the very least the channel configuration is nearly unusable. You can't see that you have anything selected. I can still use Night, just have to change to something else for the channel editing.

- User 55003 - 2011-10-23

haenchensd Wrote:--wrong again
Anyone having problems and using Night: it doesn't appear to be supported anymore. At the very least the channel configuration is nearly unusable. You can't see that you have anything selected. I can still use Night, just have to change to something else for the channel editing.

I'm not sure if Jason102 updated the night skin in the new release.

Try this skin.night by replacing the skin in '\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\skins'.

- haenchensd - 2011-10-24

Thanks for all your hard work. I love the new version.

One question I have for you (or feature request): I'm using HD-trailers to pull down recent trailers to use as "commercials" and the interleaving feature works great, but most trailers are more than 1 minute. Is there any way to adjust the short file duration so that these don't show up in the guide? I'd request to just change it to 5 minutes but I'm sure there are probably people for who 5 mins would be too long.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-24

I wouldn't be surprised if I missed some skin changes...those are the hardest thing for me to remember since I'm not the one doing them. I'll try and make sure they go out in the next bug-fix release.

haenchensd: Shouldn't be a big change...I'll add an option in the next bug fix release.

Not Sure I got this right - opentrick1 - 2011-10-25

Jason102 Wrote:The directory just needs to be accessible by all machines, it doesn't necessarily need to be on a machine running PTV.

When PseudoTV starts, it decides if any other machines are currently using that same directory. Based on that, a machine is designated the master. The master is allowed to update channels in the background. You don't need to run the system continuously, per se, because it will be updated every time an instance is run. PseudoTV tries to keep at least 5 days worth of channel info, so if you don't start it up for more than 5 days than it may need to completely rebuild some channels.

Hopefully that helps.

Hi Jason, Just trying to use the channel sharing feature in PTV for the first time and I was under the assumption that it should be doing 2 things:

1. Writing something to the shared folder on the network and,
2. syncing up the various PTV instances in my home (I have 4 I am trying to sync up with 44 channels that I would like to have playing the same list....ie. I'm watching Dr. Who S03E04 on channel 4 in the living room and I can go and turn on the one in the bedroom and it is playing there as well)

I have enabled channel sharing in all of them and specified the mapped drive in all(which I have given all users full permissions on)... nothing is being written to the shared drive and they are all going and building their own seemingly separate lists...what step did i miss?

Regards,
Rick

- Jason102 - 2011-10-25

Your assumptions are correct, and the steps you took are also correct. If nothing is being written, then there is a problem. Please get a debug log for me.

Are you running Windows? The channel sharing feature will only be able to access SMB shares in Windows (or under any OS using Dharma).

- opentrick1 - 2011-10-25

Jason102 Wrote:Your assumptions are correct, and the steps you took are also correct. If nothing is being written, then there is a problem. Please get a debug log for me.

Are you running Windows? The channel sharing feature will only be able to access SMB shares in Windows (or under any OS using Dharma).

Thanks, I sent you a piece of the logfile from the pseudotv section. It appears to be still referencing the local source for config and playlist information:

eg: 09:12:26 T:4648 M:4294967295 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-Playlist: load C:\Users\ikky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\cache/channel_1.m3u

I have also tried moving the contents of C:\Users\ikky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\cache to the network location and no-go it just recreates everything in the original directory (NOTE: the single machine i got the logs from is a WIN7 64bit machine and the network share is on a 2k3 64bit box)

EDIT: more info: it seems that whatever I specify as the network location EG "Z:\channels" it goes and creates a folder in C:\Users\ikky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\ eg "C:\Users\ikky\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\channels\cache" and starts rebuilding

Regards,
Rick

- haenchensd - 2011-10-26

Jason102,

Would you mind explaining how your lock file is functioning to me? I have a channel based on daily shows and I have the channel based on 2 smart playlists the first of which shows unwatched episodes and the second follows it with random watched episodes (I love the "pause channel" and "force" options you have included).

Basically, I have most of my channels updating on a less common basis, but I would like to set this channel to update everytime, so I want to write a script that edits the settings2.xml file to tell it the channel is changed and needs to be updated everytime the lock file lets go.

Thanks

- mwkurt - 2011-10-26

haenchensd Wrote:Jason102,

Would you mind explaining how your lock file is functioning to me? I have a channel based on daily shows and I have the channel based on 2 smart playlists the first of which shows unwatched episodes and the second follows it with random watched episodes (I love the "pause channel" and "force" options you have included).

Basically, I have most of my channels updating on a less common basis, but I would like to set this channel to update everytime, so I want to write a script that edits the settings2.xml file to tell it the channel is changed and needs to be updated everytime the lock file lets go.

Thanks

Jason,

I too have a playlist based channel that is supposed to show "shows aired in the last 48 hours". Unfortunately, the way PTV works now is, I think, I don't get any channel updates for 5 days or so.
Would it be possible to somehow implement a way to update just specific channels on a time schedule of our choosing? That way channels such as ours could be made to function as we would intend them to.
Also, another request concerning the Master/Slave relationship of PTV. Would it be possible to have a setting on a computer that was set as the master to just update channels and not actually play any of the channels once they have finished filling up with episodes? I would like to have one of my computers just take care of the channels, the Master, and share them with my other computers, the slaves. I would like the Master to not play any of the channels, thereby using up the watched status of an episode, and to just let me know what it was doing within PTV by way of a log file I could look at or actual on screen type of log.
Loving what you are doing with PTV.
Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-10-26

I've actually been considering this for myself...I have a channel that I need updated more often than the default. I might add some rule that allows you to specify how often that channel should be reset.

By the way, there has been mention of dynamic range compression in this thread at some point. I wrote a program (Vista and Windows 7 only) that appears to do the trick:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113263

- mwkurt - 2011-10-26

Jason102 Wrote:I've actually been considering this for myself...I have a channel that I need updated more often than the default. I might add some rule that allows you to specify how often that channel should be reset.

By the way, there has been mention of dynamic range compression in this thread at some point. I wrote a program (Vista and Windows 7 only) that appears to do the trick:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113263

I am at a loss...what is this for? Does it have anything to do with PTV?

Do you think that there is anything you can do about my second request above i.e. Master/Slave stuff?

Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2011-10-26

Quote:I am at a loss...what is this for? Does it have anything to do with PTV?

It's to maintain a constant volume between shows. It's only tangentially related, hence the new thread.

Quote:Do you think that there is anything you can do about my second request above i.e. Master/Slave stuff?

I don't understand the value of what you're asking. Why would you want to start a separate instance of PTV on another computer that only updates playlists and doesn't update shows when one that does play could update everything just as well? The end result seems to be the same, except that your method adds an additional computer.