Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-11-15

Lunatixz: I believe mwkurt is correct, you need to have the .xsp after the file name in the mixed playlist. You said that the mixed playlist works in XBMC? I'm surprised, I didn't think it supported mixing tv and movies...I had to add that in specifically.

distracto: Couple of ways you could do this. As mwkurt suggested, you could make the channel so that it pauses when you're not watching it. You could also add the rule to only play watched shows. If you want only watched episodes of Mad Men but all episodes of the simpsons, then you could create a channel with only Mad Men, have a rule to play in order, have another to play only watched, then interleave in a channel that has all simpsons episodes. With that option, make sure that the simpsons channel has a rule to not actually play it.

mwkurt: Force Random controls where in the playlist the channel starts. Normally (when in the default real-time mode) it will continue the channel based on the time (like real tv). When you use random mode, it will start in a random location in the playlist. Playing shows in order is just how the playlist is ordered. So the two together would mean that you start the channel at a random spot in the series, but from there the episodes play in order.

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-16

[quote=Jason102]Lunatixz: I believe mwkurt is correct, you need to have the .xsp after the file name in the mixed playlist. You said that the mixed playlist works in XBMC? I'm surprised, I didn't think it supported mixing tv and movies...I had to add that in specifically.

Mixed playlist doesn't work in xbmc, I meant my main tv, movie playlist works...
anyway thanks for the help, Its working now...

- randomwalsh - 2011-11-16

Hi,

How would i create a channel with just hd media?

Also how would i ensure that all my media is being added to some sort of channel?
Ie i am not leaving out any show?

- Daavid - 2011-11-16

randomwalsh Wrote:Hi,

How would i create a channel with just hd media?

Also how would i ensure that all my media is being added to some sort of channel?
Ie i am not leaving out any show?

For HD media, just create a playlist in XBMC that only allows content over a certain resolution, i.e. anything over 576p to be included in the playlist and then create a PTV channel based on the playlist.

As for ensuring all of your content is included, thats basically up to how well your library is managed and how you create your channels. It might take a while to arrange the channels in the best way, but trust me it's worth it.

- randomwalsh - 2011-11-16

Thank you for the reply. The reason I asked is because I went into channel rules and couldnt see anything with regards to resolution? and sorry for the silly question but what is a PTV?

Also what is the best skin to use with Pseudo? I am using Aeon at the moment.

- Daavid - 2011-11-16

Oh, by PTV I just meant Psuedo TV Smile

- distracto - 2011-11-16

Thanks for the replies Jason102 and mwkurt, the more i play around with PTV, the more powerful i see it is. if my wife and i are watching a few story based shows (mad men, weeds, good wife, ringer....) we could make a channel for each with a rule of unwatched only and it would play in order? If i set it to be paused, then each channel would always pick up where we left it?

so the PTV could be set up with a few random channels based on networks and movie studios, and then a bunch of channels solely dedicated to individual shows... is this correct?

also, which is the best skin for seeing the options screen, i have found that it does not appear well on Aeon Nox

cheers

- mwkurt - 2011-11-16

distracto Wrote:Thanks for the replies Jason102 and mwkurt, the more i play around with PTV, the more powerful i see it is. if my wife and i are watching a few story based shows (mad men, weeds, good wife, ringer....) we could make a channel for each with a rule of unwatched only and it would play in order? If i set it to be paused, then each channel would always pick up where we left it?

so the PTV could be set up with a few random channels based on networks and movie studios, and then a bunch of channels solely dedicated to individual shows... is this correct?

also, which is the best skin for seeing the options screen, i have found that it does not appear well on Aeon Nox

cheers

Everything that you said here seems to be true. Looks like you have a grasp of the situation Wink

I use the NEON skin and PTV options look fine.

Mark

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-17

out of curiosity what governs the display settings for ptv?,guisettings.xml? because when my subtitles are disabled they still display in ptv...

- marjanovich - 2011-11-18

I have the rule set up for Play Shows in Order, but it's actually playing in reverse order (ie 7x03 then 7x02 then 7x01) do i have to use the rule twice to make it actually play next?

- Daavid - 2011-11-18

Marjanovich - Thats weird, I've not seen that on any of my channels with that rule and I've only added it once to each channel.

Ok then it is just me, I've tried without the rule and its random, i've tried with the rule and its reversed order... I'm all confused...

Directory Structure example

/TV Stations/
/FOX/
/House/
House-7x01
House-7x02
/Terra Nova/
Terra Nova-1x01
Terra Nova-1x03
/Food Network/
/Iron Chef America/
etc etc

So far I have 27 sources each dedicated to one channel
Of the 40+ channels I've setup in PseudoTV whether its a folder based channel or a Smart Playlist or a interleave channel its either random or reversed.

example 1 - ABC channel showing its selection of Scrubs in order... 9x02,9x07,9x10,9x08...?
example 2 - The rules for the ABC channel

so where is this not applying? I'm using Pre-eden, with the pseudotv plugin from repo

mwkurt Wrote:Everything that you said here seems to be true. Looks like you have a grasp of the situation Wink

I use the NEON skin and PTV options look fine.

Mark

Xperience 1080p doesn't show the options either for channel rules so I switch over to confluence for making rules... FYI

- dugan26 - 2011-11-19

This is a great app - but is there a user guide? or wiki?

Im stuck - cant seem to figure out how to add my own channel ... I have updated the configs with channel 11 pointed it to a directory and selected random play - when PTV refreshes channels i still only get up to chan 10 ?

help ... S.O.S. h

- Sranshaft - 2011-11-19

marjanovich Wrote:Xperience 1080p doesn't show the options either for channel rules so I switch over to confluence for making rules... FYI

I'm going to try looking into making a skin for Xperience in the next couple of days.