Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- rd1979 - 2012-01-27

I'm having trouble adding a directory-based channel, I only get 2 of a number of my drives to choose from.

Additionally, I'm unable to pick any studios if I try and make a studio-based channel, none of them show up.

- mwkurt - 2012-01-27

Jason102 Wrote:Starting date is when the script acts like it's starting. You specify the days of the week to repeat it on, and the starting episode. So, for example, if you specify a day that's 3 weeks in the past, starting episode as 1, and play on Mondays, then it will take it to mean that it should have already played episodes 1, 2, and 3, and will start on the next monday coming up on episode 4. These values are automatically updated as time goes on.

Another question for you Jason....if I want the same playlist to play every night at 20:00, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, is there a way to enter each day within the same rule or do I have to enter 5 different rules to get the same effect.
Also, it appears to me that there is some sort of explanation when entering the days, however, this is pretty much all cut off and can not be seen. Is this something that would help me out.

Also..Channel sharing only works in Eden? Why would this be when Eden hasn't been released yet but in Beta form and appears to have quite a few bugs yet to squash? Is there any way that this could be made to work in Dharma?

Thanks,
Mark

- Jason102 - 2012-01-27

The days of the week selection determine what days that the channel will be scheduled on. As explained earlier:

U=Sunday
M=Monday
T=Tuesday
W=Wednesday
H=Thursday
F=Friday
S=Saturday

If you only want weekdays then: MTWHF

I'll be the first to admit that this isn't intuitive, but given the restraints of the GUI, I'm not sure what would be better.

Channel Sharing should work just fine in Dharma on all platforms. On Eden, though, it will only work in Windows due to changes that were made to how plugins are handled...SMB is no longer available on non-Windows platforms to plugins (at least that's pretty much true...true enough).

- Daavid - 2012-01-27

GJones Wrote:I made a few bumpers to interleave between normal content. For some of my channels, the episodes do not open very noticeably and it gives a cleaner look. These are 4-15 second generic PseudoTV bumpers using the logo.

If anyone has any use for them, I would be glad to make them available. All 1280x720 mkv 24fps h.264.
I'd love to get a look at these!

CameronC Wrote:My scheduling has been working fine if people want to see how my rule is done or anything like that I can try to help. Currently I use scheduling to switch my horror and my scifi channels to play the scarier/more violent shows at night starting around 8pm. Only "issue" I have with the scheduling is that I'd rather choose the time it switches back to the regular channel instead of the amount of episodes to play but thats a pretty tiny issue (And I dont know how difficult that might make channel building).

I'd also love to see your rules if I could Cameron. Big Grin

- rdarwish - 2012-01-27

Lunatixz Wrote:All your answers can be found with a search in this forum...

Sounds to me like: A) your media isn't scraped into your library, B) if your media is on a network share; you have permission issues. I would setup a playlist that uses "starts with path" and use that to build your channels... if you still find some media is found and others that are 100% in that directory don't play...you have a permission or encoding problem.

You should go through the topic, I know its a lot but trust me from my experience most issues have already been discussed at nauseam...

Lunatixz: Thanks for your help. I did search (a lot) through the thread, but I must have been using the wrong keywords. I had tried searching for "mythtv", but that didn't help. I'll give your suggestions a try and see what I can find. Thanks a lot.

- ZoFreX - 2012-01-29

rd1979 Wrote:The font doesn't match the screenshot when using reFocus in the Eden betas. In fact, the font looks different for beta 2. Is this a known issue?

For me everything looked like the default skin when using PseudoTV with reFocus in Eden beta 2, but I have figured out why:

The reFocus skin (installed from the official repo) is installed here:

XBMC\addons\skin.refocus.release

But I think pseudotv is expecting it to be called "skin.refocus" because that's what the pseudotv skin is called:

XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\skin.refocus

If you rename that file to skin.refocus.release and restart XBMC that should do the trick (if you are having the same issue I did, that is).

- TheFonz - 2012-01-29

Jason102 Wrote:I don't see anything odd. PseudoTV loads, then starts a video and that's it. You mentioned long ago that it was launched from a custom menu...does it work if run through the standard Programs menu?

Thanks for having a look Jason102, I believe the same thing happens when I try running from the addon menu. All I get is the buffering notification and it looks like it has almost faded when XBMC crashes. Using Beta 2.0 Now.

- rd1979 - 2012-01-29

ZoFreX Wrote:For me everything looked like the default skin when using PseudoTV with reFocus in Eden beta 2, but I have figured out why:

The reFocus skin (installed from the official repo) is installed here:

XBMC\addons\skin.refocus.release

But I think pseudotv is expecting it to be called "skin.refocus" because that's what the pseudotv skin is called:

XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\skin.refocus

If you rename that file to skin.refocus.release and restart XBMC that should do the trick (if you are having the same issue I did, that is).

Thanks, that did the trick.

BTW, now I too am getting random crashes when changing channels.

This is what's in my log:

Quote:08:48:16 T:20812 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
08:48:16 T:20812 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

Much thanks and a few questions - jnewbern - 2012-01-30

Hi Jason,

First off I want to say thanks for the wonderful add on. I have been using it for months now and its wonderful.

I have a couple questions:

1.) I would like to change channels faster and it seems that I cant change a channel untill the seek bar at the bottom right goes away. I saw someone in another post made it so the seek bar didnt show up. Would this result in faster channel changes or are the two things not related? I tried to download the fix for the seek bar but the file was no longer there. Can anyone repost that for me? I am using confluence btw if that helps.

2.) I like the setting to remove small files from the EPG but I have seen that some longer trailers still show up in the EPG. Could you tell me how to increase the small file setting to maybe 2 or 3 minutes so these longer trailers dont show up in the EPG?

3.)Is there a way to set like Global channel rules? or have a way to apply the rules from one channel to all others? Like maybe add a channel X that when you change the rules on that channel it can automatically change the rules for the other channels. I have a lot of channels and they will all eventually have the same two rules for interleaving ads and trailers, but I am not looking forward to making all those rules Sad. I also was thinking it would be nice if I decided I wanted to change the frequency of ads or trailers that I could make the rule change on only one channel instead of having to change them all individually.

Again thanks so much for your hard work! Its funny how the larger my collection became (over 5 TB's of video now) the harder and harder it became to just randomly decide what I wanted to watch using the normal title browse and pick interface of xbmc. Now with PTV I can easily glide through my massive collection to help me find something to watch. Its so close to the true TV experience of channel surfing.

Jeremiah

Classic TV ads - jnewbern - 2012-01-30

So in my quest to incorporate ads into my channel surfing I have found a wonderful resource for literally thousands of classic TV ads I thought I should share. Some of these ads really crack me up. Especially cigarette ads.

http://www.archive.org/details/television

On a side note about interleaving ads. I have found that if I interleave ads from a hidden channel into all my other channels that they will play all the ads in the same order in every channel. This really isn't an optimal way to randomize ads as if i go from one channel that is time shifted back to another channel I can easily see the same chain of ads over again. I was wondering how hard it would be to add a global setting such as the add logo setting where you say yes to advertising, point to the folder with all your ads, and set the frequency of ads showing up (every show, every other show, so forth). With this setting triggered when any channel is setting itself up it will interleave randomly selected ads from your ad folder at the frequency you set.

At the very least maybe ad a setting under the interleave channel rules to randomly interleave from the hidden ad channel instead of sequentially interleaving?

- tommymsw - 2012-01-30

I have a question about channel sharing...

What good is a "channel sharing" option if you can't connect to a shared folder?
At least I can not on mine... When I choose the shared folder, i only have options for folders on that machine. No network options...

- Quick2822 - 2012-01-30

tommymsw Wrote:I have a question about channel sharing...

What good is a "channel sharing" option if you can't connect to a shared folder?
At least I can not on mine... When I choose the shared folder, i only have options for folders on that machine. No network options...

I'd love to see channel sharing expanded on to allow sharing between all different devices. Right now, I just copy the data over after creating channels on one of my XBMC instances.

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-30

i want to configure my mce remote to properly support pseudotv(my parents were confuse when they had to press up button to go to next channel. and why info button doesnt show info).

how do i do that?

- dannycorker - 2012-01-30

tommymsw Wrote:I have a question about channel sharing...

I had this problem - fixed it by going to videos (or anywhere really) and then 'Add Source'. In that menu I went on 'Map Network Location' or something to that effect to add a network location to the list of sources. After doing that, the network location showed up in the menu on PSTV.

I also have my playlists folder stored on the NAS using pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml. Before I did this, channel sharing insisted on using its own pre defined channels, ad I couldn't work out why :/

- FDorsey - 2012-01-30

I saw on an earlier posts someone asking about subtitles but never saw an answer to the question. In PseudoTV it auto turns subtitles on, and "t" does not cut them off inside the program.

Outside of PseudoTV it works fine, but inside the program the "t" subtitle key does not work? For the time being I have moved the subtitle bar down out of view in XBMC, but then some movies do need them, so all my foreign films are at a loss until, I can figure out a resolution.

Thanks by the way, Phenominal Program