Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

PseundoTv help - jeffbros - 2012-02-13

Hi I need help with my apple tv 2Gen I download pseudoTV then I open pseudoTV and it starts scanning the channels then I get a error saying Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels.please tell me a step by step to fix this problem Nerd

- mwkurt - 2012-02-13

Question about interleaving episodes....

Lets say I have a channel (channel 1) that plays random episodes of 5 different TV Shows. I have the settings in PTV set to do this. It does this part well.
Now I want to schedule, using the scheduler, 3 episodes of 3 other tv shows to play at 8pm, but I want these shows to play in order and to not play when they are not being watched. I have the settings set for this unseen channel as well, but they do not appear to be working. The shows scheduled at 8pm seem to have taken on the rules of the first channel (channel 1).
So...I was wondering, is this possible at all? I thought I read where the channels used in interleaving and scheduling were supposed to carry over their rules. Is this true? Has anyone else set up anything like this?
Could it be the way I have my channels set up i.e.....All seen main channels between 1 and 100, and all unseen channels used for scheduling and interleaving between 101 and 200? I notice that when PTV makes up the channels, it goes sequentially from 1 to 200, so I was wondering if I should redo my channels so that the interleaved and scheduled channels (101-200) are processed before the channels they interleave with?

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks,
Mark

- FDorsey - 2012-02-13

Been having some random problems in PseudoTV, only when sharing channels though. I have posted the code below, its happened pretty random, now happened a few times in the past 2 days, but no problems before this.

It gets stuck Channel 11 (62%) everytime, even if the other system is playing channel 11 or not, I have even tried pausing the channel.

[HTML]19:00:55 T:2080 ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC.XBMC-PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv/config.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
19:00:55 T:2080 ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file smb://DORSEYSERVER/Software/XBMC/Sharred Channels/cache/FileLock.dat
19:00:58 T:2080 ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC.XBMC-PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\AdvancedConfig.py:35: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
19:01:12 T:2984 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\XBMC.XBMC-PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv
19:01:13 T:2604 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
19:01:13 T:2984 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\XBMC.XBMC-PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv
19:01:30 T:3640 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:01:30 T:3640 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:01:31 T:3640 ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC.XBMC-PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\Overlay.py:66: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
19:01:31 T:3640 ERROR: C:\Users\XBMC.XBMC-PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
19:01:31 T:2984 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: Clock
19:01:36 T:3640 ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file smb://DORSEYSERVER/Software/XBMC/Sharred Channels/cache/FileLock.dat
19:01:38 T:2984 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't[/HTML]

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-13

TheFonz Wrote:I am running Avast Anti-Virus on my Media Centre

Rolleyes WHY?

4GB of ram is plenty to run an HTPC @ 1080p

If I were you I would...

Clean install windows, run updater...
Setup xbmc or eventghost as your shell instead of explorer (search forum for info)
install the latest drivers for audio, video and chipset...
Setup your LAN for MAX bitrate (check your hardware).
add a readyboost USB drive setup for dedicated caching!
and optional disable index searching, and any services not being used (google windows 7 manager).
then leave it alone!! if it's an HTPC client you don't need to setup anything else, don't install anti virus!

.... BTW I just checked the specs of your RIG!! its way overkill so your asrock hardware is fine, and your NAS system RAM is low... if you still have the OEM 512mb I would upgrade it, Ram is cheap enough!

Also looks like your asrock Video card is intergrated into the MB, Check bios and increase Video memory to the max allowed... i'm guessing its 1gb or less

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-13

FDorsey Wrote:Been having some random problems in PseudoTV, only when sharing channels though. I have posted the code below, its happened pretty random, now happened a few times in the past 2 days, but no problems before this.

It gets stuck Channel 11 (62%) everytime, even if the other system is playing channel 11 or not, I have even tried pausing the channel.

Post the full log! use pastebin

- TheFonz - 2012-02-14

Lunatixz Wrote:<Words of Wisdom>
Thanks Lunatixz. I will give all that a go. I am not totally keen on having the Windows PC run XBMC as a shell, maybe when I have more time on my hands - but I will research it.
I will try the other suggestions and run a USB readyboost.

- mwkurt - 2012-02-14

mwkurt Wrote:Question about interleaving episodes....

Lets say I have a channel (channel 1) that plays random episodes of 5 different TV Shows. I have the settings in PTV set to do this. It does this part well.
Now I want to schedule, using the scheduler, 3 episodes of 3 other tv shows to play at 8pm, but I want these shows to play in order and to not play when they are not being watched. I have the settings set for this unseen channel as well, but they do not appear to be working. The shows scheduled at 8pm seem to have taken on the rules of the first channel (channel 1).
So...I was wondering, is this possible at all? I thought I read where the channels used in interleaving and scheduling were supposed to carry over their rules. Is this true? Has anyone else set up anything like this?
Could it be the way I have my channels set up i.e.....All seen main channels between 1 and 100, and all unseen channels used for scheduling and interleaving between 101 and 200? I notice that when PTV makes up the channels, it goes sequentially from 1 to 200, so I was wondering if I should redo my channels so that the interleaved and scheduled channels (101-200) are processed before the channels they interleave with?

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks,
Mark

Hello again..

Well, I have determined that channels used for "Best effort Scheduling" need to be added before the channel that they are mixing with to get the results that I wanted.
I now have another question that I hope someone can answer.
Let's say I have a channel that I have random shows playing on every day. I'll call it "channel 2". I want to schedule another group of tv shows to play at 7pm every Tuesday, starting on episode 1 and playing sequentially. I'll cal this "Channel 1". However, if I don't happen to watch that channel on a given Tuesday, I do not want the shows to automatically increment on the next Tuesday, instead I want the shows that I missed the previous Tuesday to show again and in fact to stay on the current unwatched episode until that episode is watched on a subsequent Tuesday.
Here are my rules for this channel:
1. Don't Play this channel
2. Pause when not watching
3. Force resume mode
4. Force random mode
5. Only play unwatched episodes
6. Play TV Shows in order

Does anyone understand this and perhaps can point me in the right direction? It seems that the "Pause" and "resume" rules do not work on a hidden channel that is scheduled.

Is there any way around this? Jason, is there anything I can do to get this working as I would like? Are there any adjustments that can be made to the rules to do this?

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Mark

- skimshady - 2012-02-15

I can't exit from PseudoTV in a normal fashion with my ATV2. No commands will get me to the home screen. Only way is to cut the power, or reboot from SSH.

I see this problem was raised in october too, no sollution?

- sirmeili - 2012-02-16

Quick question. I just started using PseudoTV again after about a 6 month break. I'm loving the new features, but I have a quesiton to ask about the "coming up" popup. Is there a way to make an overlay that does this instead of the standard popup window? It would be nice if it showed the show name, then maybe a small synopsis. I'm looking at the code and I see where it does it, but i'm not sure if is possible to programatically do what I want (basically have it auto press the i key and move one to the right for the next 'coming up' show). I may play around with the code a bit and try myself.

- sirmeili - 2012-02-16

sirmeili Wrote:Quick question. I just started using PseudoTV again after about a 6 month break. I'm loving the new features, but I have a quesiton to ask about the "coming up" popup. Is there a way to make an overlay that does this instead of the standard popup window? It would be nice if it showed the show name, then maybe a small synopsis. I'm looking at the code and I see where it does it, but i'm not sure if is possible to programatically do what I want (basically have it auto press the i key and move one to the right for the next 'coming up' show). I may play around with the code a bit and try myself.

Ok, it is possible. I just used this code (in overlay.py):

self.infoOffset += 1
self.showInfo(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME)

instead of:

xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(Coming Up Next, " + self.channels[self.currentChannel - 1].getItemTitle(nextshow).replace(',', '') + ", " + str(NOTIFICATION_DISPLAY_TIME * 1000) + ")")

(and the code above it to find the next show).

Jason, perhaps you could add a setting to determine which one the user wanted. Use the info screen or the popup. I only did this because Aeon Nox's popup is in the top center and I'd rather have the info popup than the notification box. If you add the setting, I'll do the code to determine which one to display. I'm also thinking (if I have free time) do to do a custom info screen just for the coming up next that is smaller and more concise and maybe localized to the bottom right.

- sirmeili - 2012-02-16

Ok. sorry for all the posts here, but I have some feature requests and question about interleaving.

First the requests:

Could it be possible to handle bumpers the way TVTime did? Basically you say "yes, I want bumpers" and you give it a directory name. It then uses the station name to see if there is a subdirectory with that name and randomly inserts bumpers into the playlist. The same was done with commercials, but it was global and without subdirectories (I would rather have a "channel rule" or setting per channel for commercials though so I could determine them myself for each channel).

request number 2: Could it be possible to have a min/max number of inserted videos? So say I say:

min interleave count is 1
max interleave count is 3

I would also want

min videos inserted is 1
max videos inserted is X (where X is a number greater than the line above).

My thinking is this. Say I have 2 channels I want to interleave. I'll use "trailers" for an example on movie channels.

I set up the movie channel and I say I want it to interleave the trailers channel. I want at least 1 trailer to show up be between every movie, but I want up to 3 trailers to show up. I know I could interleave the channel multiple times, but figured this would be a good alternative and shouldn't be too hard to do.

Now my question:

If I interleave 1 channel then interleave that into yet another channel, does this work?

This is what I'm really looking to do. I have a bunch of "intros" for movies. I have "coming attractions" videos and "feature presentation" videos. What I would like is if between every movie I could somehow get it to do this:

Movie 1
Coming Attractions video
Trailer (1-3 trailers)
Feature Presentaion Video
Movie 2

Basically kind of what Cinema Experience does, but in the channel itself and obviously with fewer features. This is the only good example I can think of for this setup. If anyone could think of a way of doing it through interleaved channels, I would accept that.

Lastly, for my requests. If I coded them into your plugin, would you consider adding them for release? Obviously you would have the ability to approve any code I write (I'm not a python developer, but I am a developer) and make sure it is up to your standards.

Skip to beginning - skimshady - 2012-02-16

How do I skip to the start of a Movie or TV-show, when I enter a channel and I want to see it from the start? Or is this contradictory to the whole TV-experience? Wink

And I still hope someone can answer how to exit from PseudoTV on an ATV2 with its limited buttons on the remote. Normally in XBMC, and other plugins, using the 'menu' -button will take you out/exit, or move upward (backward) in the hierarchy.

interleaving channel no showing up - kanedamgm - 2012-02-16

I apologize if this is somewhere in this thread already, but I can't find it.

I am trying to do the interleaving so that my adult swim channel has the bumps between the shows. I have tried creating the "bumps" channel a couple of different ways. One was setup to use a path, another was using a smart playlist and a third was using a "dumb" playlist (which is a pain in the ass to create by the way and pseudotv doesn't even see it as an option to choose the dumb playlist when building the channel). None of these successfully created the channel when running pseudotv. What am I missing?

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-16

kanedamgm Wrote:I apologize if this is somewhere in this thread already, but I can't find it.

I am trying to do the interleaving so that my adult swim channel has the bumps between the shows. I have tried creating the "bumps" channel a couple of different ways. One was setup to use a path, another was using a smart playlist and a third was using a "dumb" playlist (which is a pain in the ass to create by the way and pseudotv doesn't even see it as an option to choose the dumb playlist when building the channel). None of these successfully created the channel when running pseudotv. What am I missing?

Check your pstv settings that ignore by file length...

create a bump channel that plays by path...
check that pstv can play that channel, then go into channel config and set rules to not play the channel...

then go to your adult swim channel rules and setup to interval with your bump channel....Enjoy!

- kanedamgm - 2012-02-16

Lunatixz Wrote:Check your pstv settings that ignore by file length...

create a bump channel that plays by path...
check that pstv can play that channel, then go into channel config and set rules to not play the channel...

then go to your adult swim channel rules and setup to interval with your bump channel....Enjoy!

Thank you for the quick response. I forgot to mention that I DO have the ignore short videos option disabled (well at least I am 95% sure), but I will double check when I get home.

Actually now that I think about it I know I do because I turned that option off and I started getting some extra feature videos that weren't showing up prior.