Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- thumbinollie - 2012-02-26

RockDawg Wrote:That did it. Thanks a ton!

Woot!

- Kissell - 2012-02-26

Love this app. Thanks J.A.!

The only thing I would add is the season and episode number in the NOW PLAYING section... Because if I have a channel for FOX, and it is showing three episodes of Fringe in the EPG, I'd like to know which one comes first, because sometimes you really need to watch a TV show in episode order.

- thumbinollie - 2012-02-26

Kissell Wrote:Love this app. Thanks J.A.!

The only thing I would add is the season and episode number in the NOW PLAYING section... Because if I have a channel for FOX, and it is showing three episodes of Fringe in the EPG, I'd like to know which one comes first, because sometimes you really need to watch a TV show in episode order.

There's an option for playing shows in order Tongue

adultswim bumps problem solved - jnewbern - 2012-02-27

Just to let anyone who might be interested to know. I downloaded a bunch of adultswim bumps from bumpworthy.com. Its a great site to get adultswim bumps and you can download them in the .mp4 format. Most of them are 9 or 15 seconds long and when I made a directory channel pointing to the directory where they were all kept none of them would play in ptv. I thought the size of the files or the length of the video was the issue for the longest time ( I actually posted about it a couple times). I didnt really think the file type was an issue because I have plenty of other mp4 files that play. I guess not all mp4's are alike. Probably depends on the actual codecs used and whatnot but its all a little bit over my head. I did download a program to convert all the mp4's to avi and now they all play just fine in ptv Smile. Not sure why the mp4's I downloaded from bumpworthy would play just fine in mpc with ffdshow and play in xbmc when I just browse the files and select one but not play in ptv.

If anyone feels inclined to investigate further or is having the same troubles as I did just know that I use windows 7 64 bit. I also downloaded all the bumps using flashget3 to automate the process (seeing that bumpworthy has like 4000 bumps). I used pazera free mp4 to avi converter to convert them.

- TheFonz - 2012-02-27

Lunatixz Wrote:find your settings2.xml and delete it, let ptv rebuild it, then open channel configuration and setup your channels

I found the settings2.xml, deleted it and I am still getting the error. I haven't had a chance to run a debug log, I'll try that tonight and hopefully post it tomorrow.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-27

TheFonz Wrote:I found the settings2.xml, deleted it and I am still getting the error. I haven't had a chance to run a debug log, I'll try that tonight and hopefully post it tomorrow.

Wow that's really weird... this should have fixed your issues...

I would manual delete the plugin folder and it's appdata folder, then install the latest git through xbmc (maybe you are missing a dependency).

If this doesn't work I will need to see your log file

What about .ISO files with DVD Menus? - zebraitis - 2012-02-27

All,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked and possibly answered somewhere in the last 250+ forum pages.

I'm running Win7/Eden 3 Beta/Harmony 900 Remote/PseudoTV 2.0.0

Big library, 2000+ films, 100+ TV Series.

Works great... EXCEPT: When a film is selected that is stored in .ISO format which includes a DVD menu.

I loked at the suggested controls. Selecting PseudoTV starts the process, Hitting OK selects a movie, Exit or back gets you out.

And there's the problem.

If a DVD Menu on an .ISO ripped file comes up, you have to start the movie playing by hitting OK/Enter.

And that just tells PseudoTV, that I want to see the EPG. Which I don't.

So... are there options that can be recommended to address this? Any additional controls available?

Thanks!

- Glave - 2012-02-27

Is there no way to 'consolidate' channels? OR make a channel that's a mixed network? ie- a Mixed network channel that would show ABC, NBC, CBS shows, and another channel that shows HBO, Showtime, Cinemax.

Seems like I'm just ending up with channels that show a LOT of the same 2-3 shows. And it also seems like I'm missing lots of obvious ones. oe- my Comedy channel LOVES The Big Bang Theory, but doesn't EVER play any Seinfeld, Friends, or any older stuff.

- Daavid - 2012-02-27

Glave Wrote:Is there no way to 'consolidate' channels? OR make a channel that's a mixed network? ie- a Mixed network channel that would show ABC, NBC, CBS shows, and another channel that shows HBO, Showtime, Cinemax.

Seems like I'm just ending up with channels that show a LOT of the same 2-3 shows. And it also seems like I'm missing lots of obvious ones. oe- my Comedy channel LOVES The Big Bang Theory, but doesn't EVER play any Seinfeld, Friends, or any older stuff.

You could create a playlist for this and then make a playlist channel. Should do the trick.

- TheFonz - 2012-02-28

here is my xbmc log
http://pastebin.com/DDNFLZX0
Peace

+1 for PgUp/PgDn in EPG - dgrayfromdc - 2012-02-28

mmartell Wrote:@jason, are we still in Feature Request mode ?

When the guide is accessed the user has the ability to go forward AND backward in time. I suggest restricting the user to current/future events. This would allow a neat feature I think. When the left arrow is pressed (when the user is at current time slot) a scroll bar appears to the left of the channel names. This can be used to force Page up/down of entire channel blocks. Also, one more press to the left could invoke an iOS inspired three number click wheel allowing for direct channel input

You might guess I'm using PTV on an ATV Smile As the remote is button-sparse it might be an elegant way to add functionality to it.

Mike

I'm a Linux man myself, so I have options on direct channel input, but I agree with Mike. As time has passed, I've put together an increasing number of channels and it can be tedious moving through them one by one.

PTV is such a great add-on and has such a intuitive feel that I often forget and try to PgUp or PgDn in the EPG (like I would with my cable box) and am supprised that it doesn't "just work." In my opinon, a sign of a good application, when you forget that it's an application.

Are there plans to add this feature in one form or another?

Again great add-on, it's what makes XBMC truly great for me.

Nod Thanks!! Nod

- Glave - 2012-02-28

Daavid Wrote:You could create a playlist for this and then make a playlist channel. Should do the trick.

That's working well, however I'm getting a lot of bias on some shows due to having more of them than others. Case in point, for animation, it seems like it wants to show The Simpson a LOT, primarily due to having 20+ seasons worth and no other shows come near that.

Is it possible to limit how often a show appears? ie- only have a show appear 1-2 times, and then at least X number of episodes before it can show again?

- Amelandbor - 2012-02-28

Amelandbor Wrote:Is anyone else having problems with NFS directories? When I try to add a NFS directory channel to PseudoTV, which I mounted with the new NFS function of XBMC, this channel doesn't get populated.

Could somebody try this?

- Jason102 - 2012-02-28

TheFonz: Weird, it appears to start a video and then doesn't ever finish. You said you get an error message...what does it say? I've added a couple more debug messages to the code, can you download the latest stable-pre and get another log? Thanks.

Weird things afoot in psuedotv - opentrick1 - 2012-02-29

Jason102 Wrote:mcorcoran: The issues you see are just deprecation warnings. I need to change the way I'm using those functions for Eden, but for the moment those are just warnings. and can be safely ignored. If the script is crashing, can you please post a full debug log?

Hi Jason,

I have just upgraded to Eden RC1 and am receiving this error....eventually. When I try to open the channel configuration or launch the program itself, nothing happens, for about 10 minutes or so(i left it one time and came back and the channel config window had eventually opened) but it throws those erros at that time. after that initial wait of 10 minutes everything works fine again I can go into channel config quickly and launch Pseudotv.

I noticed someone else getting the same error, if not the exact same behaviour(See original quote) was wondering if there is some kind of workaraound?

http://pastebin.com/rhbjfndF Here is the log, I started XBMc and went to launch the channel config @ 14:36 and I grabbed the log results as soon as the channel config appeared ...@ 14:58?

Additional: this is happening on 2 machines both running RC1