Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- thumbinollie - 2012-03-02

Keeper Wrote:Dude, just add a final rule to interleave channel X (Your bumper channel) and set it to interleave after every 1 show Laugh

Durrrrr.... so simple!

THANKS!

Quick question - xkudeki - 2012-03-03

I love this plugin, it's the main reason I got xbmc. I don't want to pay extra for cable and have tons of channels that I don't watch. My question is this, is there any way this plugin could be turned into a stand alone program all in itself? I would love to have just the scraper (movie and tv) and EPG that puts my video collection into the guide. This would ensure that it would run smoothly on my outdated (and only) laptop. If not, is there another program that comes close to this idea? :confused2::confused2:

- RockDawg - 2012-03-04

RockDawg Wrote:I suppose my problem is that my channel has far more than five days of programming. In that case interleaving stops once it has gone through the base channel once which can leave some shows without having all their episodes in the schedule. This becomes especially true once I start changing up the min/max interleaving values for some of the interleaved channels in an attempt to get a bit of randomness to avoid the ABCDABCDABCD scenario.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

- thumbinollie - 2012-03-04

RockDawg Wrote:Any ideas on how to achieve this?

I'm thinking your best bet would be just to use the show you have the most of as your base.

- RockDawg - 2012-03-04

thumbinollie Wrote:I'm thinking your best bet would be just to use the show you have the most of as your base.

Yah, I've been doing that. My problem with interleaving is that I don't want the shows to play in the same order each time if, but if I change up the min/max valus on some of the larger shows, then some will have episodes that are never scheduled and hence never play. The only way to avoid that is to adjust the min/max values only on the shows that have far fewer episodes and those aren't the shows you want playing more often.

- kanedamgm - 2012-03-04

jnewbern Wrote:Just to let anyone who might be interested to know. I downloaded a bunch of adultswim bumps from bumpworthy.com. Its a great site to get adultswim bumps and you can download them in the .mp4 format. Most of them are 9 or 15 seconds long and when I made a directory channel pointing to the directory where they were all kept none of them would play in ptv. I thought the size of the files or the length of the video was the issue for the longest time ( I actually posted about it a couple times). I didnt really think the file type was an issue because I have plenty of other mp4 files that play. I guess not all mp4's are alike. Probably depends on the actual codecs used and whatnot but its all a little bit over my head. I did download a program to convert all the mp4's to avi and now they all play just fine in ptv Smile. Not sure why the mp4's I downloaded from bumpworthy would play just fine in mpc with ffdshow and play in xbmc when I just browse the files and select one but not play in ptv.

If anyone feels inclined to investigate further or is having the same troubles as I did just know that I use windows 7 64 bit. I also downloaded all the bumps using flashget3 to automate the process (seeing that bumpworthy has like 4000 bumps). I used pazera free mp4 to avi converter to convert them.

Thank you so much for this. This problem had been driving me nuts. Works like a charm now!

- TheFonz - 2012-03-05

thumbinollie Wrote:Go to the repository, click on "Branches", then stable pre, THEN the Download Zip button.

Thanks for that.

Jason102 and co.
I have no idea what happened or what I did, but after installing the Stable Pre on 11 beta 3 I tried to run a log file but for some reason PseudoTV worked! I rebooted, tried again same thing, the damn thing worked! I stopped it about 10 times, still worked!! I was baffled. Not to mention it was work flawlessly over wireless, including 720p movies! I even added another channel and it worked. I will keep my eye on it and this thread but thanks Jason102 and co!
Makes me happy to know my donation to PseudoTV has/is worth it!
TL;DR It works now

- dsync89 - 2012-03-05

Is there any way to randomly playback a show (not episodes), let's say Anime starting from the first unwatched episode then followed by another anime?

Just to make my point clear, assume that the following is the order that I wanted to play:
Anime A EP1
Anime B EP1
Anime C EP1
Anime A EP2
Anime C EP2
Anime B EP2

Instead of:
Anime A EP1
Anime A EP2
Anime B EP1
Anime B EP2
Anime C EP1
Anime C EP2

Randomizing doesn't work quite what I had expected as it would show up random episodes that I had not watched.

- Jason102 - 2012-03-05

You could have those episodes be random and then have a rule to play them in order. You could also setup a channel for each, playing in order, and then interleave them.

- thumbinollie - 2012-03-06

OK, so this one baffles me.

So I use an ehome mce remote. I have the power button on the remote to send the "s" key, to bring up the shutdown menu. This works just fine in pretty much every area of XBMC except in PseudoTV. From there, it will SHOW me the shutdown menu, but I can't select anything. Its as if it cant get focus.

I can stop PseudoTV and then access the shutdown menu just fine, but I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible for the wife-factor.

Any ideas?

Using XBMC Eden RC2, Transparency skin, on Windows 7.

- Sranshaft - 2012-03-06

Addons have to be coded specifically for each action (keypress).

Sranshaft Wrote:Addons have to be coded specifically for each action (keypress).

So how can I go about fixing it?

OK, so I have another strange problem...

Every time I exit PseudoTV lately, when I go back in the EPG shows a whole different set of shows than when I left. I can exit and come back in in 20 seconds, and the WHOLE lineup is different. It never used to to do this, so I'm confused.

- Keeper - 2012-03-06

Hey Jason102,

I was wondering if you have any response to some of my ideas yet?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1034323&postcount=2561

- dsync89 - 2012-03-07

Jason102 Wrote:You could have those episodes be random and then have a rule to play them in order. You could also setup a channel for each, playing in order, and then interleave them.

The problem is I do not wish to randomize the episodes, but would like to randomize the TV shows instead, yet playing the unwatched episodes in order.

The force random mode in my interleaving channel seemed to have no effect (or what does it supposed to behave).